The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The Beeb is also getting criticised after Fiona Bruce on the shit show that is QuestionTime attempted to defend Stanley Johnson and diminish domestic violence by stating he only broke his wife's nose once.

I heard about this and so watched the clip , 

The clip didn’t show the lead up to the comment but from watching it my take of it seemed to be that he was called a wife beater by a panellist and Bruce  was trying to ward off any potential legal issues by saying Johnson’s wife had told this to a reporter , it was one instance and Johnson himself has never commented on it 

social media seems to think she was trivialising domestic abuse , but I’m not sure she wasn’t just trying to sorta keep the legal bods at bay

but that’s just my opinion 

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's important I think to stress that the battle here isn't really for Gary Lineker's right to tweet an opinion and still present match of the day, the battle ground this is on is the future impartiality of the BBC and it's ability to maintain the nations trust against the interference of bad government. It's not about saving Gary - it's about saving the BBC.

I know a lot of people views on this ultimately seem to be following political views / alliances but I think this has shades of the palace racism row in that it could have been resolved quickly but has been handled badly by both sides .

the BBC have spoken to Lineker before , he seems to be unrepentant and has dug in , the BBC have been left between a bit of a rock and a hard place and eventually decided to act , possibly due to political pressure possibly to show Lineker and others who is in charge .

Lineker can’t really come back now , someone has to climb down and I don’t see it happening .

If they manage to get Lineker and Shearer off the wage bill and also improve MOTD by having no pundits then what a massive win that is.

I haven't watched it for ages, Sky Sports have the highlights up on YouTube within an hour or so. I'm surprised people still watch it, who wants to listen to Murphy and co? It's outdated, needs binning.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I know a lot of people views on this ultimately seem to be following political views / alliances but I think this has shades of the palace racism row in that it could have been resolved quickly but has been handled badly by both sides .

the BBC have spoken to Lineker before , he seems to be unrepentant and has dug in , the BBC have been left between a bit of a rock and a hard place and eventually decided to act , possibly due to political pressure possibly to show Lineker and others who is in charge .

Lineker can’t really come back now , someone has to climb down and I don’t see it happening .

The problem is that they haven't spoken to others who are accused of the same thing and indeed those others have often been much more open in their criticisms.

If they tried to sack him he'd take them to the cleaners at a tribunal.

The BBC has left themselves in a position where either they get rid of not just Linekar, but Sir Alan Sugar and others too - or they have an embarrassing climb down and hope to quietly replace him in a year or so.

That they've got to this stage suggests there's some sort of powerful rabid nutter breathing down their neck forcing them into stupid decisions - it's not hard to imagine who that is.

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

If they manage to get Lineker and Shearer off the wage bill and also improve MOTD by having no pundits then what a massive win that is.

I haven't watched it for ages, Sky Sports have the highlights up on YouTube within an hour or so. I'm surprised people still watch it, who wants to listen to Murphy and co? It's outdated, needs binning.

My gut feeling is that the majority of people still watch it.  The highlights are better and more in depth than the Sky Sports ones, and the people presenting (again, Murphy aside) are generally likable and fairly entertaining in talking about football.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

If they tried to sack him he'd take them to the cleaners at a tribunal.

Technicality. They can’t sack him, they don’t employ him. He employs himself. The BBC will have a contract with the company he owns. The contract is until 2025

• Like 1

As an aside, just a reminder that you need a TV licence to watch Sky, BT, ITV or any of the broadcast channels in the UK.

Cancelling the DD for the licence but keeping up your Sky subscription is the most common way to be fined without a licence.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Cancelled mine 18 months ago.

You realise that is doing exactly as the likes of Dorries et al want you to do. They’ve been trying to *irony alert* defund the BBC for years, that’s why Gibb and Sharpe are there.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Technicality. They can’t sack him, they don’t employ him. He employs himself. The BBC will have a contract with the company he owns. The contract is until 2025

I guess then that if they attempted to breach the terms of the contract, he'd take them to the cleaners - they've basically not got a leg to stand on,

• Like 1

Â