Racism Part two

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

His music career will be fine.

His endorsements and fashion career is probably **** though.

He's a genius but he is definitely not all there

Was reading he lost like half a billion on those endorsements and sponsorships. He is a odd one. Seems to have gone haywire since his divorce.

Not sure what his problem is with Jewish people is though

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

not sure he has one, it was a publicity stunt, same with the white lives matter stuff, he knows exactly what it will achieve, why he wants to achieve it is bizarre though

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Was reading he lost like half a billion on those endorsements and sponsorships. He is a odd one. Seems to have gone haywire since his divorce.

he can afford it , which is not bad when all your famous for is being married to a Kardashian

(yeah i know he's a musician, but I wouldn't know one of his warbling's if i heard it ) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Fresh have used a black woman and child as models for an advert on Facebook

The comments section is absolutely shameful and depressing

Seems advertising really brings them out, it's the same response as sainsburys got for using a black family in their Christmas advert a few years back

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Hello Fresh have used a black woman and child as models for an advert on Facebook

The comments section is absolutely sshamefu and depressing

Seems advertising really brings them out, it's the same response as sainsburys got for using a black family in their Christmas advert a few years back

I read a comment under the John Lewis advert saying something like “thank god they’ve not gone woke this year, they’ve realised people don’t want that crap” (but with worse spelling and grammar, obviously.)

This years ad is the “wokest” yet, but the family doesn’t happen to be black. 

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The comments section is absolutely shameful and depressing

I keep trying to convince myself that these awful pieces of shit are simply a noisy minority, but it scares and depresses me that there may be more of them out there than I had ever dreamed. It really struck me when they announced that Amol Rajan would take over from Paxman on University Challenge. All I thought was "Oh yeah, perfect, obvious choice" - then I saw the flood of comments on FB, several of which were along the lines of "Never heard of him, but I won't be watching it anymore". **** ing pond life. 

The country's quite racist still. There's lots of 'petty' racism thrown in with the institutional stuff. 

I still can't get my head round that time I caught a glimpse of a guy texting his missus (presumably) on a packed train with the words 'trains packed. Lots of darkies, probably get mugged'.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've mentioned before that it is actually quite remarkable how much TV advertising now features black people. The racists seem to think that this is some sort of lefty woke™ agenda, but they need to stop and think. The only thing that drives advertising is profit. If companies didn't think using black actors was to their commercial advantage they wouldn't do it. The fact is, black people spend money too, and presumably react favourably to seeing people who look like themselves in adverts. It's human nature. The $64 question is, does that then lose a greater or lesser number of (racist) white customers? Somebody will be doing the maths. If nothing else, it's a fascinating study in psychology, sociology, and marketing economics. 

• Like 2

What I find interesting is I see criticisms of adverts and media in general along the lines of “There’s always a black/Indian/non white person in these adverts, it’s not representative!!” 

But equally I often see complaints that the UK is “full of them”. 

Now what is meant by “them” could perhaps mean Polish or Albanians or Romanians, as opposed to black people or Indian people.

So, I can only assume therefore that if John Lewis or similar had an ad campaign that featured an Albanian family, there would be no complaints of it not being representative of the UK. Because according to them, there’s plenty here to warrant such a representation.

• Like 3

Whole of society is messed up. Everyone hates each other. Every different subculture of society has its prejudices. Non of it is exclusive to white people although it is also obviously more prevalent. Not to pick on Islam but I’d say that specific cultures issue with the LGBQT+ community is just as prevalent as our inbred dumbass racist white people if not more. It just makes me depressed to think about it. There are so many issues to sort out and overcome culturally and globally that it’s overwhelming. Scarily I don’t think it will ever get better. 

Edited by Ingram85

16 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

What I find interesting is I see criticisms of adverts and media in general along the lines of “There’s always a black/Indian/non white person in these adverts, it’s not representative!!” 

But equally I often see complaints that the UK is “full of them”. 

Now what is meant by “them” could perhaps mean Polish or Albanians or Romanians, as opposed to black people or Indian people.

So, I can only assume therefore that if John Lewis or similar had an ad campaign that featured an Albanian family, there would be no complaints of it not being representative of the UK. Because according to them, there’s plenty here to warrant such a representation.

Along the same lines as immigrants both coming here to live off our generous welfare state but also to take our jobs and undercut our wages.

• Like 3

I dropped my nephew off at college last August. While on campus, I saw a giant mural of an African or African American face. It's good artwork. It contains various empowering slogans, and also one that says "DISMANTLE WHITENESS" 😆 

I'm pretty sure it means to basically fight white supremacy and I agree with that.

But the wording is kind of vague and open to interpretation. 

What is whiteness?

Â