Racism Part two

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Whataboutism how? That racist crime isn’t a one-way Street? I think Rotherham et al collapsed that argument.

When a Muslim person attempts to behead a non-Muslim person it generally has very specific connotations that involve the victim not being Muslim.

That’s not an attack on Muslim people as a group, it’s a factual description of past examples of the same crime. I agree it’s sinister, but not for the reasons you imply. 

The fact a few people on here had no idea about it does suggest it hasn’t received the level of coverage you might expect, for such a heinous crime. 

What is the basis for your claim of a racially motivated attack? 

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Fits a very defined narrative that crime on white people by non-whites is covered up.  Surprising to see this particular theory peddled on here, based on 'my mate said' only.

It's a sinister form of whataboutism really.

Aren't Albanians white though :lol: 

What is it about her that would make him think this was racially motivated 🤔

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It could be that it was dwarfed by the Covid situation but if you compare to the coverage of Rhys Jones, Sarah Payne, Maddie McCann, James Bulger etc I’m surprised this passed so many people by. 
There has been several other big stories that have captured peoples attentions alongside the pandemic over the past few months.

There's something like 50 under-16 year olds murdered every year in the UK. It's an exception when these become national news.

3 hours ago, Awol said:

Whataboutism how? That racist crime isn’t a one-way Street? I think Rotherham et al collapsed that argument.

They should shut up for the sake of diversity

Naz Shaz MP liked this

• Like 1

I was speaking to one of my black friends earlier who was at the march last week (And yes I did bollock him for attending for covid reasons as his old fella is not at well) his view is that the BLM movement should distance themselves as far away as possible from Antifa, he said they were stirring up hatred to create a white black divide that does not exist and also induce violence on the March, His point is why are they there, he asked one and apparently he said to stop racism mate and he replied what on earth do you know about racism or have to do with BLM and did not get a response

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

Got to be honest, I don't think I've ever learned anything from a statue. I usually look at them and think "heh, statue of some old word removed over there", rather than observing the plaque and doing some research. I'm not the most cultured, admittedly, don't even eat yoghurt. 

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Got to be honest, I don't think I've ever learned anything from a statue. I usually look at them and think "heh, statue of some old word removed over there", rather than observing the plaque and doing some research. I'm not the most cultured, admittedly, don't even eat yoghurt. 

Oh I definitely do, last one I remember looking up was Hugh Stowell Brown

Hugh Stowell Brown was a preacher, pastor and social reformer in Liverpool in the nineteenth century. His public lectures and work among the poor brought him great renown. On his death a statue was raised to him, one of only three Liverpool clergymen to receive that honour. His brother was the Manx poet Thomas Edward Brown.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Indeed.  I probably walked past that Colston statue before and didn't bat an eyelid.

It's only in the toppling of that statue that I've learned anything about him.  And what a horrible turd he was.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is his statue safe or is there more to his story?

Fairly safe I imagine. I looked it up because it kinda appeared overnight one day but it turns out it was relocated after renovation to as close to its original position as possible, It had been elsewhere and vandalised over time (just vandalism by bored youths not of any political nature). It seems he did a lot for the poor so the city wanted to restore the statue and put it back where it was originally

• Like 1

I’ve actually spent a fair bit of time on and around some impressive statues and sculptures during lockdown. I do quite like them and I will do a bit of research around a few of the interesting ones.

It’s one of those pieces of work you can kind of do singlehanded so you could work ‘safely’ over the last few months.

Sister Dora in Walsall was a new one on me recently (I didn’t work on that one!).

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It was a joke at first, but how come no one ever mentions "White Chicks". Is racism not applicable to white people, i'm not sure. If there was a film depicting 2 dumb Black women, i'm sure there would be a riot.

Complaining about little Britain too, what about "Big Momma's House".  I mean is that ok, maybe because it's played by a black man??

I've missed a few pages but this post shows such a huge misunderstanding of the issue it's not even funny.

Shit like this is a massive part of the problem, imo.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

In what way?

Because the poster is displaying a complete misunderstanding of WHY blackface is offensive, and rather than assuming that there is a legitimate reason, dismissing it because nobody ever says the same thing about "white chicks".

The reaction should be "People are offended by this, I'll find out why", not "That's not offensive! Why was nobody offended when something similar but actually completely different happened to me?!"

We don't have the right to tell black people what is and isn't offensive.

• Thanks 1

Â