Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

In these situations I often think, what does Gerrard stand to win in this situation. If Guilbert is as good and professional as people on here make him out to be, then what does Gerrard stand to win by isolating him? 

Not fan a of Gerrard, dont rate him, but he and everyone around him are not complete idiots

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

In these situations I often think, what does Gerrard stand to win in this situation. If Guilbert is as good and professional as people on here make him out to be, then what does Gerrard stand to win by isolating him? 

Not fan a of Gerrard, dont rate him, but he and everyone around him are not complete idiots

I agree to a large extent with this, but I find myself disagreeing with some of his decisions, and this is one of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I agree to a large extent with this, but I find myself disagreeing with some of his decisions, and this is one of them.

We’re not always privy to what goes on behind the scenes.

If there’s disruption or disrespect then I’m 💯 behind Gerrard.

if this is just nasty games to try to force a player to leave, then that’s a despicable practice that needs to be stopped at all clubs. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, penguin said:

(According to WhoScored, for players with more than 5 appearances)

Statistically the 3rd best RB in Ligue 1 in 20/21 and the 4th best RB in 21/22

I think it's disingenuous to suggest the confusion regarding his situation and wanting him to be given a chance is "Salifou syndrome" he is clearly a good player and there is data to back this up.

And yet no French team have wanted him 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, penguin said:

(According to WhoScored, for players with more than 5 appearances)

Statistically the 3rd best RB in Ligue 1 in 20/21 and the 4th best RB in 21/22

I think it's disingenuous to suggest the confusion regarding his situation and wanting him to be given a chance is "Salifou syndrome" he is clearly a good player and there is data to back this up.

In that case why aren’t clubs beating our door down for him?

We give the players contracts, decide almost whimsically to exclude them completely from the playing squad and still expect them to give up the wages that both parties agreed to? He's not going to kick a ball until January and we're still paying him so I don't get why the club doesn't just subsidize all or part of the wages for a loan abroad? Seems like clubs across the board don't really do that anymore. Only recent example I can think of are extortionate ones like Coutinho to us or Bale to Spurs.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

We give the players contracts, decide almost whimsically to exclude them completely from the playing squad and still expect them to give up the wages that both parties agreed to? He's not going to kick a ball until January and we're still paying him so I don't get why the club doesn't just subsidize all or part of the wages for a loan abroad? Seems like clubs across the board don't really do that anymore. Only recent example I can think of are extortionate ones like Coutinho to us or Bale to Spurs.

I’m guessing we must have done this the previous two seasons.  I have a feeling we will hear news of him becoming a free agent in the coming days . 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m guessing we must have done this the previous two seasons.  I have a feeling we will hear news of him becoming a free agent in the coming days . 

Which is what the club is forcing him to do I think. It's quite shit honestly. 

13 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

You can't say it's not common pattern through or isolated incident look at Sanson ,Traore and the Mings situation ridiculous.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

You can't say it's not common pattern through or isolated incident look at Sanson ,Traore and the Mings situation 

Wasnt mings just dropped for one game (where they even explained that he had a knock?)

Traore got a few opportunities and did nothing

With sanson and guilbert i suspect the situation is as simple as they arent good enough, been asked to find new clubs and told they wont feature but havent left because of their wages

Edited by Chicken Field

On 11/09/2022 at 13:44, Stevo985 said:

Said it in a different thread, but it’s Salifou Syndrome. Same is happening with Sanson. The longer they don’t play the better they become in fans’ minds. 

Guilbert wasn’t good enough. If he’s being treated badly then that’s a shame, but it doesn’t suddenly mean Ed good enough to be playing

Agree re Guilbert but completely disagree re Sanson. But anyway, even if Guilbert isn't good enough to be starting, it's strange how he's being treated.

Btw, not everyone who doesn't play isn't good enough, ya know. Managers make mistakes. And Steven has made a shed load.

13 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Wasnt mings just dropped for one game (where they even explained that he had a knock?)

Traore got a few opportunities and did nothing

With sanson and guilbert i suspect the situation is as simple as they arent good enough, been asked to find new clubs and told they wont feature but havent left because of their wages

Traore barely got any opportunities. He'd already shown exactly what he can do in the season before.

• Like 1

Â