Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Best defender we have had regardless of level since Dunne. Terry was good last season but could tell at times he was nearing the end

Less own goals than Dunne too, which is a positive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think Mings and Axel would be an excellent prem defensive partnership. 

If we do go up, we need to get them both signed up. 

Agree with this, if we can afford them both, then get it done, we’d be set for years at centre back. They’re a great partnership, too good for this level 

• Like 1

Bournemouth will have witnessed that Mings is a decent defender playing for us in the Championship but it’s a huge step up to play in the Premier League and I don’t think they should risk Mings’ return. Bournemouth should look to recoup their initial investment of £8m and move on. Bournemouth are no mugs and they know common sense will return them their £8m.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If we get promoted he will sign. He probably isn't on the rader of the top 6 and if promoted we are the biggest club in the league (outside that top 6/7). 

Just now, av1 said:

If we get promoted he will sign. He probably isn't on the rader of the top 6 and if promoted we are the biggest club in the league (outside that top 6/7). 

If he carries on his form for us in the Premier League, then I see no reason why a top 6 club wouldn’t be interested.  I think he’s that good based on his performances for us so far

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If he carries on his form for us in the Premier League, then I see no reason why a top 6 club wouldn’t be interested.  I think he’s that good based on his performances for us so far

His form for Ipswich in this division is what got him a move to the PL in first place. The top 6 will probably be more concerned with why Bournemouth let him go rather than how he is performing in the championship. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

His form for Ipswich in this division is what got him a move to the PL in first place. The top 6 will probably be more concerned with why Bournemouth let him go rather than how he is performing in the championship. 

Maybe Bournemouth will want to keep him after his performances here, great find by Smith. Hopefully, he can find a few more like him this Summer

Kept his head tremendously against Leeds and was the best player on the pitch in an environment many may have assumed he'd lose his cool.

With today's game and how he conducted himself at the sty, the signs are good. :flag:

Image result for tyrone mings

Plus, as I've said before, he has great hair.

Edited by 8pints
He's here, he's there, he's every 'flibbing' where...
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Maybe Bournemouth will want to keep him after his performances here, great find by Smith. Hopefully, he can find a few more like him this Summer

To be honest mate i think we'll sign him anyway if we get promoted. 

Mings hasn't had the happiest times at Bournemouth (admittedly due to injury), conversely he is loved here and should we win a playoff final that affinity will grow even further. Throw in the fact we are a much bigger club than Bournemouth i think that even if they decided they wanted to keep him that he would push through a move. 

I've got absolutely no doubt that Mings will be a Villa player if we go up. 

Â