Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

44 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Rumour has it Mings is "only" on 14k a week.

When you compare what we're getting for that compared to Micah Richards non performances it is a joke!

It's been the way at Villa for quite some time now that generally, a first team player's wage is inversely proportional to his ability. I mean, go through our highest earners in the last 3 seasons and Terry aside, you're mostly looking at absolute wasters like Richards, Gabby and McCormack.

Although I imagine in Mings' case that Bournemouth are picking up a fair bit of his wage.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

When you compare what we're getting for that compared to Micah Richards non performances it is a joke!

Look where he’s come from, he was playing non-league football 7 years ago, it’s a great story

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Don’t you remember Micah’s Santa?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Dunne was shite the majority of the time. Mings is our best centre half since Laursen imo

He is the only Villa defender to make PFA Team of the year since 1996. Southgate, Mellberg, Laursen etc never achieved that 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we could have got him for 8m had we not signed kalinic in January. Now Bournemouth will want double that. 

Mings has been brilliant but would have been uproar among Villa fans to pay 8 million for a player with such a patchy fitness record

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we could have got him for 8m had we not signed kalinic in January. Now Bournemouth will want double that. 

On what basis do you think we could have signed Mings for £8m in January?

7 hours ago, brommy said:

On what basis do you think we could have signed Mings for £8m in January?

Didn’t play much for Bournemouth and as a championship club we couldn’t really pay more. I can understand the reasons why though as zatman says but now we will have to pay a bigger fee to secure him.

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm conflicted about him.

On one hand, I really like boobies and vaginas.

But on the other hand, Mings doesn't have those... but, he IS Mings... 

😫 

Why does life have to be so hard?! 

From your above thoughts I don’t think it’s only life that is hard :P

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Didn’t play much for Bournemouth and as a championship club we couldn’t really pay more. I can understand the reasons why though as zatman says but now we will have to pay a bigger fee to secure him.

The terms of the loan and any potential signing fee appear unknown but in any case, any club would have been mad to have paid millions on a player who, at the commencement of the loan, had such an inconsistent playing record. It is only with hindsight that we think Mings is worth a permanent signing. I’m sure Villa will have asked for the fee to be set back in January but that would have been in Bournemouth’s control.

Â