Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Hunter.....Smith......Harris.

He would be comfortable in that company.......Meeeeeeeeaaaaaaaannnnnnnn.

Love his approach to a game, He alone is worth the entrance money for me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

You do know that players don't usually handle their own twitter accounts, right?

I would be very surprised if he doesn’t run his own account judging by the tweets and replies he gives. 

• Like 1

Backline was up and down throughout. Hause and Ax would drop deep to give themselves alone some insurance playing people onside.

I want big Tyrone leading everyone throughout. Especially from those Brunt set-pieces.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

You do know that players don't usually handle their own twitter accounts, right?

I feel so guilty for wanting lescott gone now. 

Justice for Lescott. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, lexicon said:

How so?

For instance: 

There are many more examples of these seemingly personal responses. Not your normal once a week generic promotional tweets carried out by external PR dept. 

If you’re really interested take a look through his twitter account and judge for yourself. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
Could also be a combination of external PR person and Tyrone himself

Could be a blend - from what I understand, players are often asked to tweet certain things by the PR department. They're also supposed to sound personal and not bland/generic TBF - it is their job after all. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Could be a blend - from what I understand, players are often asked to tweet certain things by the PR department. They're also supposed to sound personal and not bland/generic TBF - it is their job after all. 

Some do, some don't. I know people who manage Twitter accounts for big players, I also know many players who manage their own. Depends on the player, and sometimes demands from the club.

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I reckon J Lo manages his own

To be fair anyone with a degree in media studies would know that to be true. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I would be fairly confident having listened to him speak on several occasions that Tyrone Mings is in total control of every aspect of his life. Including his Twitter account.

I agree 

Bournemouth manager wants to sit down with Tyrone at the end of the season and discuss things.

This is where the manager says we want you to stay and Tyrone goes you had your chance now I want Villa, well we can only hope.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tyrone-mings-aston-villa-bournemouth-16241711

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Bournemouth manager wants to sit down with Tyrone at the end of the season and discuss things.

This is where the manager says we want you to stay and Tyrone goes you had your chance now I want Villa, well we can only hope.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tyrone-mings-aston-villa-bournemouth-16241711

If it's a choice between being the main man at the heart of Villa's defence and going back to Bournemouth who signed Mepham in January to replace him rather than giving him a shot, I'm confident he would choose correctly.

What they might ask for him is another matter. £15-20m I expect. I think he is worth it.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

This is the problem with loans, they play excellent and they go back to their club a success or the price is hiked 500%.

I know we needed it this year to get us where we are, but I hope next season regardless of division, we don't loan in half a team again unless we have a specific purchase clause.

Will be gutted if we don't or can't afford to buy Mings.

Edited by MaVilla

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If it's a choice between being the main man at the heart of Villa's defence and going back to Bournemouth who signed Mepham in January to replace him rather than giving him a shot, I'm confident he would choose correctly.

What they might ask for him is another matter. £15-20m I expect. I think he is worth it.

Wonder if we got a clause in there to set a price?

That's a lot of money. He has been great though!

I think the fans will play a big part in this and the size of the club.

Think about it -

Go back and play in front of 10-11,000 who are not that into you

OR

Play in front of 40,000 + Fans chanting your name and cheering your every move

Seeing Mings interaction with the fans etc I think he has been caught up with the possibilities that being at Villa can provide.  Hoping we keep him as he has become one of my favourite players

• Like 1

On 08/05/2019 at 21:05, Tomaszk said:

Wonder if we got a clause in there to set a price?

That's a lot of money. He has been great though!

Our clause was to allow us to match what anyone else bid (probably taking in to account loan fee), so they can set the price at whatever they want really.

Â