Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

36 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Thought it was by far his poorest game for us today. He was just way too casual at times.

He has been fantastic for us since he arrived though and now needs to get back to his best over hopefully two more games.

I think you are correct as per, it was his worst performance for us but we won 2-1 against a very good WBA side. I think it speaks volumes at how good he’s been for us 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Today worried me. As good as he has been Gayle ran him ragged. 

Gayle is too good for this league and not quite good enough for The Prem in my opinion. Gayle was good today, they’re a good outfit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Gayle is too good for this league and not quite good enough for The Prem in my opinion. Gayle was good today, they’re a good outfit

Which is what has concerned me moving forward should we get promoted. As you said, Gayle is not quite good enough for the PL, should we get there he will be up against blokes much better than Gayle. 

I think Mings is more than happy against your stereotypical "old fashioned striker" when its practically a flight, but maybe struggles against guys with good movement. 

36 minutes ago, av1 said:

Which is what has concerned me moving forward should we get promoted. As you said, Gayle is not quite good enough for the PL, should we get there he will be up against blokes much better than Gayle. 

I think Mings is more than happy against your stereotypical "old fashioned striker" when its practically a flight, but maybe struggles against guys with good movement. 

Mings is no slouch though and he’s well built, don’t get me wrong, he’s been nothing short of outstanding since he came in. The effect he and Hause have had on the defence is great, I hope we sign both whatever league we’re in next season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Appeared to tweak his hamstring towards the end, will have to be careful with him for Tuesday, dont want him out a potential final. 

Think it was cramp.

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Thought it was by far his poorest game for us today. He was just way too casual at times.

He has been fantastic for us since he arrived though and now needs to get back to his best over hopefully two more games.

Was thinking the same.

I actually don't think it's him purposely dossing about.

Think he took "Calm and composed" a bit too far in his head. lol

As in "don't panic". Needs to find the balance.

I think ALL of them will hit better stride come next game.

• Like 2

On 26/04/2019 at 18:48, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think he’s good enough to be attracting attention Fromm utd or Arsenal

I quite seriously would take Mings over Phil Jones every day of the week....

• Like 2

Agree was his poorest game today, but like someone said above, even playing poorly he restricted their opportunities.

defensively he was still pretty sound, just uncharacteristically sloppy in possession and clearances - as were the rest of our back 4. Very unusual to be honest.

pretty much all of the handful of their attacks started from a poor defensive pass or clearance.

There’s nothing of concern here.

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was thinking the same.

Agree with this, it was as if  Mings was trying too hard to stay composed but with Gayle on your heels constantly from the off it seemed to jade Mings a bit. So his over composure was probably a result of trying to over compensate for the fact he actually wasn’t comfortable atall. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was thinking the same.

Balance needs to be found, but him being calm will bring us closer to balance as a team. There will be many shitting themselves.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Gayle, for me, is a Premier League striker. Mings is a Premier League defender. Every now and then the two will clash and he will lose, as he did on Saturday. 

It's no big deal IMO. 

Never looked like one when at that level, he's one of those who are too good for this level but not really good enough for the level above, could have a good career in another top flight European league though, e.g. in France.

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Never looked like one when at that level, he's one of those who are too good for this level but not really good enough for the level above, could have a good career in another top flight European league though, e.g. in France.

He struggled a bit last season, the system Newcastle played didn't really suit him, hence the swap for Rondon.

He looked much better when there for Palace, but alas he got Pardewed. I think he has been a bit unlucky. 99 appearances at that level mind you.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

13 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Gayle, for me, is a Premier League striker. Mings is a Premier League defender. Every now and then the two will clash and he will lose, as he did on Saturday. 

It's no big deal IMO. 

I never understood why he seems to always play in the Championship. Whenever he played he seemed to score. I remember him scoring a cracker against us in the top flight. 

Maybe he just prefers playing down here and gets a Premier League wage to go with it.

As for Mings he looks like a Premier League defender. Hopefully we find out next season with him as our player.

Â