Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On 03/03/2019 at 07:45, rodders0223 said:

I don't think we have a hope in hell of keeping him tbh. He is a PL player, you only need to watch him for 5 minutes to see that.

I've been perusing the Bournemouth forums for fantasy football purposes and they seem confident he'll be back playing with them next season

I seriously hope we don't loan a single player this summer. Such a waste of time. 

While we fail to go up, we have restarted snodgrass' career, put abraham in the shop window for prem teams and helped get bolassie and mings back to full fitness. 

And for what?

Terrible approach that needs to be moved on from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, loaning Abraham has been a complete waste of time.  That's right. 

Of course his goals have been great but I’m with @DCJonah 100%.

Taken as a whole the entire loan thing has been massively counter productive. Awful policy. Awful.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I seriously hope we don't loan a single player this summer. Such a waste of time. 

While we fail to go up, we have restarted snodgrass' career, put abraham in the shop window for prem teams and helped get bolassie and mings back to full fitness. 

And for what?

its a short term fix.....but we have a long term problem.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Taken as a whole the entire loan thing has been massively counter productive. Awful policy. Awful.

loaning in, is desperation.....not team building.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, terrytini said:

It hasn’t worked for us but it was good for Wolves. They had 4 or 5 players on loan that they signed once promoted.

I think one or two loans is ok if they improve the team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It hasn’t worked for us but it was good for Wolves. They had 4 or 5 players on loan that they signed once promoted.

I think one or two loans is ok if they improve the team. 

That's the key - promotion.

I could well see both Abraham and Mings being open to joining us on a perm basis if we got promoted, much the same as I could have seen Johnstone and Snodgrass joining us last year had we been promoted.

The loan system itself is not a/the problem.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

And for what?

We get a player who is way too good for us for a season.

Over reliance on loans is bad. But refusing to loan anyone is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Used in moderation, the loan system is great for teams like us looking to get up.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Over reliance on loans is bad. But refusing to loan anyone is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Used in moderation, the loan system is great for teams like us looking to get up.

I agree with this. We have had good loans but we seem to rely on it too much or never put an arranged transfer into it

I hope we have learned from this going forward

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, loaning Abraham has been a complete waste of time.  That's right. 

If we are still a championship club next year, then yes it has. 

It also leaves us trying to replace a key player but getting no money to do so. 

While i have enjoyed his goals, if we finish 8th, what has it accomplished?

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If we get promoted then there is no real issue, we have succeeded. But if we are trying to build something long term, it doesn't help. It leaves holes that need filling and as we've seen, its almost impossible to replace with similar quality. 

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It also leaves us trying to replace a key player but getting no money to do so. 

True but you’re not going to know that at the start of the season. I think you have to take the risk with one or two loan players if they are much better than what you have. 

Just not have a whole team of them. 

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Er well off the top of my head, we aren't going to finish 22nd which without our loans I would not have felt at all confident of avoiding. 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Er well off the top of my head, we aren't going to finish 22nd which without our loans I would not have felt at all confident of avoiding. 

Fair enough, if you genuinely felt we would be relegated, then it has achieved something. 

Not for me though.

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

And for what?

It really isn't - it's an absolutely fine approach to attract better talent that we could afford otherwise to have a shot at gaining promotion.

I'd far, far, far, rather sign Tammy Abraham on loan for a season than purchase Ross McCormack for £12m, for example.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It really isn't - it's an absolutely fine approach to attract better talent that we could afford otherwise to have a shot at gaining promotion.

I'd far, far, far, rather sign Tammy Abraham on loan for a season than purchase Ross McCormack for £12m, for example.

So would i but you've picked an extreme comparison. 

Both options lead to short term thinking and not really building anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Fair enough, if you genuinely felt we would be relegated, then it has achieved something. 

Not for me though.

Enjoyment? I've enjoyed watching the goals.

Â