Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was confident he would be with us next season but the more I watch him the more I realise it’s going to be hard to keep hold of him in this league. Top defender. Almost like the Van Dyke of the championship. Seems to win everything! 

I wouldn't worry too much. His move to Bournemouth didn't work out really and he is probably just happy to play football consistently again. He will probably value playing week in/week out as opposed to going to another PL club at this stage of his career again. (Just a hunch)

Way too good for this league and i think he knows himself he's way too good for this league.

That's why it's so vital for us to go up, to keep quality players like this. There is no chance a player of this calibre stays another season in this pub league. 

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Way too good for this league and i think he knows himself he's way too good for this league.

That's why it's so vital for us to go up, to keep quality players like this. There is no chance a player of this calibre stays another season in this pub league. 

Shame on Smith for bringing him here!

• Haha 3

I think this might be why Cowans left the club. 

Cowans was a very charismatic player and Mings likes to take those kind of players down. 

We just couldn't have Flash Gordon about the place, Mings would be merciless. 

• Haha 3

Had my doubts when we first played Mings at CB given he's played majority of his career as a left back.

What a pleasant surprise. He has been superb. Brilliant in the air, calm in possession and also got leadership inside of him. Really can't ask for much more than that.

If we can sign him full time do it. I also think when Chester gets back he'll look back as he plays much better next to aerially dominant CBs (Baker and Terry) so should look much more solid.

If we'd had someone like Mings from August we'd be safely in the top 6.

• Like 1

I’ve said for a while he’ll be here next season, having the armband handed to him today confirmed that today. 

Abother class performance, I’d never seen him before he came here, but every game he has been class. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve said for a while he’ll be here next season, having the armband handed to him today confirmed that today. 

Abother class performance, I’d never seen him before he came here, but every game he has been class. 

Hope you are right mate

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Did it?

I think there is a very strong case we want to keep him though, absolutely.

He has been solid in this division with us so far but I wouldn't expect anything less.

We’re a squad littered with very average players but we have Mings, Grealish, McGinn and Abraham. So that kind of helps..

Mings is an absolute beast at this level. I’ve no doubt he is a premier league player so I’d be surprised if we manage to keep him next year. 

We should be doing everything we can within the laws of FFP (or not, f*** it) to keep Mings and Grealish next season. This guy is worth two defenders.

I know we needed a keeper but i wish we signed him permanently with the little money we have instead of kalinic. i think we could have snapped him up for as little as 4-5m  now he will be double the price 

Â