Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, sne said:

Only that we can match any bids that come in for him (I think)

I really don’t get this clause.. surely it’s the same with any transfer with any club, you can always match a bid. 

The way Smith talked about loans and the due diligence we did to get him, I’d think we have a deal in place but just can’t announce it.

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

I really don’t get this clause.. surely it’s the same with any transfer with any club, you can always match a bid. 

The way Smith talked about loans and the due diligence we did to get him, I’d think we have a deal in place but just can’t announce it.

Agreed, it's both strange and pointless.

But if we have a deal why wouldn't we be able to announce it?

• Like 1

I don’t think the transfer fee or wages will be an issue, after all we were prepared to better the offer made to Mepham by Bournemouth.

The issue will be that Mings will have premier league offers if he continues to impress whilst with us.

Mings appears to be integrating himself to the club more than the other Loan signings.  For example out coaching the Kids the other day.

Maybe there is a deal in place and he thinks he is coming here permanently.  If you were looking to go elsewhere in the summer why waste energy.

I reckon it means we have first refusal at a pre determined price but if another club were too offer more for him than we would need to match that offer. 

So if no other club is in for him we will sign him. 

Complete speculation but I think he will be our player next season. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Mings appears to be integrating himself to the club more than the other Loan signings.  For example out coaching the Kids the other day.

Maybe there is a deal in place and he thinks he is coming here permanently.  If you were looking to go elsewhere in the summer why waste energy.

Exactly what i've been suggesting.

Either that or he is just an incredible guy!

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Exactly what i've been suggesting.

Either that or he is just an incredible guy!

I think that's the general consensus though isn't it? By all accounts, he's a legendarily nice bloke who goes out of his way to help people. I think everyone* who comes into contact with him sings his praises.

* apart from Olivera

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, choffer said:

I think that's the general consensus though isn't it? By all accounts, he's a legendarily nice bloke who goes out of his way to help people. I think everyone* who comes into contact with him sings his praises.

* apart from Olivera

Spent a good 5 minutes putting together a funny meme until I realised you covered it in the fine print.

• Haha 2

On 19/02/2019 at 19:30, mikeyp102 said:

From what I was reading this morning is that it's not what we were all thinking it was where one club bids and we can match the offer.

The way that it was put across is that it was as simple as matching the bid in which his club paid for Tyrone Mings, which if true bonus to us and it basically seals Tyrones value for what was it 8 million...

Edited by Dave-R

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

From what I was reading this morning is that it's not what we were all thinking it was where one club bids and we can match the offer.

The way that it was put across is that it was as simple as matching the bid in which his club paid for Tyrone Mings, which if true bonus to us and it basically seals Tyrones value for what was it 8 million...

Interesting. Definitely worth that providing he stays fit rest of the season. 

Â