Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

He looks like a good, solid defender, but then he has cost three of our last four goals. His job as a defender is to not do that. Go and have a look at the goals if you don’t believe me.

Elphick was much poorer yesterday of the two.

Mings wins so many headers and is very calm when in possession unlike Tommy. Very much like what I've seen and if it's true Axel is returning next month I think those two will do well for us and we'll regret we didn't have that sort of combination in August.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Between 5 and 8 million and i'd sign him.  Anything more and i think there is better value available

I think we’ll have quite a lot of competition for him, I think he could play in the Premier League based on what I’ve seen from him so far for Villa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Risso said:

He looks like a good, solid defender, but then he has cost three of our last four goals. His job as a defender is to not do that. Go and have a look at the goals if you don’t believe me.

We have to defend better as a team in my opinion, the attacking players don’t do enough defensively, cough El Ghazi cough. I’d struggle to name a better centre back that we could attain other than Mings

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think we’ll have quite a lot of competition for him, I think he could play in the Premier League based on what I’ve seen from him so far for Villa

100% Agree.  But, my sources tell me the loan had a future fee clause of 7m.

If true, it would mean that we effectively can offer him a contract now, and seal his signature, should we so wish.

I think, given his injury record, this would be ill-advised until he has 0layed more than 10 games without an issue, which he has not done for 4 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

If true, it would mean that we effectively can offer him a contract now, and seal his signature, should we so wish.

I think, given his injury record, this would be ill-advised until he has 0layed more than 10 games without an issue, which he has not done for 4 years.

If I was manager, I’d sign him permanently and give him the armband, he shows passion and fight for the cause. As for the injury problems, we managed Martin Laursen fairly well when he was here. Mings doesn’t play like he’s injury prone, he’s a blood and guts style defender, my type of defender

3 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

I dont think we can afford him, or any player costing 7m. We are out of parachute money next season. If we get good money for Jack we might be able to hang onto most of our other senior players but the loanees are all going to have to go back. We just wont be financially able to re loan them or buy them. Its going to be Championship players or our youth going forward.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

I hope we keep him. I am assuming DS will want to sign him permanently but I’m not assuming that we have or haven’t got the finance, or assuming that Tyrone will or won’t choose us over his other option(s). Simply hoping.

5 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Hope we can sign him - unlikely I fear 

If he likes working with Dean and wants to be a part of a defense built around him, he'll sign with us over other Championship teams.  If a Premier League team comes in for him, though?  Who knows...

On 24/02/2019 at 21:04, ciggiesnbeer said:

I dont think we can afford him, or any player costing 7m. We are out of parachute money next season. If we get good money for Jack we might be able to hang onto most of our other senior players but the loanees are all going to have to go back. We just wont be financially able to re loan them or buy them. Its going to be Championship players or our youth going forward.

The transfer fee won't be the problem. The wages or the fact a premier league club may be interested, would be.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Can't remember the last time I was so excited about a new player, huge potential and character, I think he can become a legend here. But if he doesn't want to be here after the summer, bye bye and *** off. 

Where has this possibility come from?

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Can't remember the last time I was so excited about a new player, huge potential and character, I think he can become a legend here. But if he doesn't want to be here after the summer, bye bye and *** off. 

I think him and hause are really showing potential.

(Obviously hause had a bit of a mare first couple of games, bit he looks pretty good also now, seems he has settled a bit and is more comfortable in the team)

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The transfer fee won't be the problem. The wages or the fact a premier league club may be interested, would be.

Would be nice of we could get him. But .. and I hate to say it as you know I really despise it.. but if we are going to be "FFP" compliant then I think Mings maybe out of our reach. Sadly. Hopefully I am wrong.

The two players we have already bought would indicate that money will not necessarily be a problem.

Mings certainly stands out in a poorly performing side. Is he Premier League quality? Not sure about that. The same applies to Abrahams.

Both, I think, would be possible signings for next season in the Championship.

Â