Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I thought he was quite brilliant today. Fast powerful and superb in the air. I like him a lot. Havi g him and axel at cb would be amazing. 

Or Mings Chester tuanzebe Hutton/elmo

That back four looks good barring rb

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought he was quite brilliant today. Fast powerful and superb in the air. I like him a lot. Havi g him and axel at cb would be amazing. 

Or Mings Chester tuanzebe Hutton/elmo

That back four looks good barring rb

I still can't get my head around the guilbert situation to be honest. I don't buy this " we could only get him if they could keep him for the rest of the season " lark. I mean c'mon. You want him now, you go out and do your job and get him. His loyalty and wanting to see it through and help the Caen cause whilst it's admirable, i couldn't care less. We've been soft in negotiations for years though really. 

56 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I still can't get my head around the guilbert situation to be honest. I don't buy this " we could only get him if they could keep him for the rest of the season " lark. I mean c'mon. You want him now, you go out and do your job and get him. His loyalty and wanting to see it through and help the Caen cause whilst it's admirable, i couldn't care less. We've been soft in negotiations for years though really. 

it was  a stipulation by Caen, they basically said "buy him now and loan him back", or "wait till summer and you can challenge anyone else for his signature who wants him".

AV said ok, which tbh im fine with if it means we got in b4 other teams, and hes actually decent.

• Like 1

i would almost keep Mings at CB, even though i would also like to see him at LB, dunno.

I suppose until season end, when Tuanzebe returns, i agree Mings, Chester, Tuanzebe and Hutton as a back 4 is good (Hutton aside).

Elphick/Chester can challenge each other for the CB spot.

Next season if we can buy Mings, i do kinda see him as a key CB for us, hes a unit and perfect for what we need in the left CB role imo.

Next season i can see it being -

New LB - Mings - Chester - Guilbert

Will be pretty happy with that tbh. (unless we offer Elphick a contract extension as backup, however im unsure he would accept even if we did offer - a 1 year extension might be a good idea if he does decent, saves wasting money on a bench warmer CB)

i mean damn, if Hause actually proves himself, could be a Mings/Hause CB pairing? (Big IF as i get the impression DS doesnt rate him or he isnt fit or something, otherwise why hasnt he had a run out already - Chester obviously needed that rest even before Mings came in, and DS for whatever reason didnt trust Hause to give it him)

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

To be clear, I've watched it a few times and totally believe it was accidental. This is the result though. 😳

IMG_20190202_220920.jpg

Yeah, i dunno, watching the clip i cant decide, it kinda looks like an accident, and kinda looks not.....

Will have to give the benefit of the doubt as you cant rly prove it wasnt unintentional.

4 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

I've heard Mings done this to Zlatan to?

The Zlatan one was very different, it was deliberate and Zlatan had thrown him to the floor and elbowed him in the face in the ten minutes leading up to it. That was a nasty incident. I've seen this one and for me it looks accidental; accidental and very, very painful.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Jesus, imagine if it was an inch either side, it could've blinded him and end his career. 

I've heard Mings done this to Zlatan to?

Yeah he got a 5/6 game ban for that one. He looked at Zlat before in that one. Today's was far from that. 

Problem is once you tread on someone's head once, you get a reputation as a head-treader and it goes against you when you accidentally tread on someone else's head.  A promising debut though  it'll be interesting to see how we set up when everyone is fit and available.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

Yeah he got a 5/6 game ban for that one. He looked at Zlat before in that one. Today's was far from that. 

Yeah this one is clearly a lot worse, looks premeditated, and even if it wasn't, it was reckless and dangerous to be jumping over his head like that.

Today's...it still looks bad...He'd probably get the benefit of the doubt if it wasn't for the above.

Edited by Davkaus

It didn't look at all deliberate to me, and as soon as he did it he spun round and got the ref to stop the game would indicate it was an accident too. I remember the Zlatan one as well and I remember not thinking that was deliberate at the time as well, in that one he jumps to go over him and as he does it Rooney gets up which completely throws him off balance because he has to hurdle him and his foot hits Zlatan. That one was definately an unpopular opinion though! 

He's either really clumsy or really dirty, either way, accident or not you can't keep stamping on people's heads, needs to be more careful 

A good performance overall though, he looks a player 

Â