Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

It seems like Bolleaux travels fast.... when some desperado's want it too.

Some antagonists will stop at nothing to try to derail the juggernaut.

Lies will run round the world before the truth has a chance to lace up it's boots

• Like 1

Some of my favourite posts from today were posts I saw on Villa Twitter and Facebook from Villa fans with " ITK " information:

Confidently posting " I'm hearing from my sources that he is set to announce his retirement "

Some people really are absolute clearings in the woods.

Guessing if that's what it actually turned out to be they would falsely claim ITK for the foreseeable future 🤦🏿‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I'm happy to embrace the fact that such is my admiration for Ty (and what I think he symbolises) that my mind ran immediately to the worst option and I shat myself.

There's a special brand of arrogance for people not involved in a panic. Especially after it's over. Not to say that everyone should assume the worst at everything, that people shouldn't be more critical or that jumping to conclusions isn't stupid, but have a think why people are panicking before passing judgement 😘 

So why were people panicking?  I mean, even if the totally groundless conclusions some leaped to were true, it's hardly a life or death situation is it?  

5 hours ago, El Segundo said:

So why were people panicking?  I mean, even if the totally groundless conclusions some leaped to were true, it's hardly a life or death situation is it?  

Are you saying 'why did people have a strong emotional response to one of our longest serving players possibly retiring early from an injury'?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, El Segundo said:

There’s a strong emotional bond between Mings and a large proportion of the fan base. Granted, he wasn’t dying, but I think the panicked reaction was a result of fans’ empathy for a man (character/symbol) they care about on some level. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some of my favourite posts from today were posts I saw on Villa Twitter and Facebook from Villa fans with " ITK " information:

Confidently posting " I'm hearing from my sources that he is set to announce his retirement "

Some people really are absolute clearings in the woods.

Guessing if that's what it actually turned out to be they would falsely claim ITK for the foreseeable future 🤦🏿‍♂️

it's why i've taken myself out of the facebook fan groups. it's taken over twitter in cesspit levels. the occasional nugget of useful info isn't worth it

18 hours ago, TRO said:

I have had a call today, telling me there is a rumour of some bad news.....I too hope its false.

This call you received - were they claiming some kind of ITK status or were they honest enough to state they'd simply noticed Tyrone's social media update?

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

it's why i've taken myself out of the facebook fan groups. it's taken over twitter in cesspit levels. the occasional nugget of useful info isn't worth it

And even then its bad news only. Just injury rumours that turn out to be right. Never transfers..

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

people are allowed to have a reaction to a sombre looking photo posted by their (for many of us) favourite player. it doesn't make them bed wetters, wet lettuces, or any of the other entitiled insults thrown around

you didn't have the same reaction. good for you. well done.

Indeed and others are allowed to say they think it's an overreaction to one photo and the news of an upcoming update - not an announcement, an update.  You're right though, it is very good for me I didn't have the same reaction, I'd be very worried about my outlook on life if I had.     

1 hour ago, El Segundo said:

Indeed and others are allowed to say they think it's an overreaction to one photo and the news of an upcoming update - not an announcement, an update.  You're right though, it is very good for me I didn't have the same reaction, I'd be very worried about my outlook on life if I had.     

quite an assumption that people that fear the worst about a player having one of the most serious injuries that's possible for a sportsperson to have will automatically have a glass half empty approach to all outlooks on life

• Like 1

No, nothing wrong with that. I just think the whole thought of he might be retiring in the first place was very extreme.

Medical science is amazing these days. Even if he doesn't return to the level he was at, retirement age 30 would still be very extreme.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

quite an assumption that people that fear the worst about a player having one of the most serious injuries that's possible for a sportsperson to have will automatically have a glass half empty approach to all outlooks on life

It's not so much about having that fear, which is natural. It's about how you get from a simple photo with a promise of an update to somehow concluding that your fearing the worst must have come true.  That's quite the assumption.     

Â