Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Some of the bed wetting shite posted on here today. ( with absolutely no justification )Just like a match thread when we concede. The power of a rumour and people willing to embellish it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Risso said:

He's only 3 months into an expected 9 months rehabilitation period anyway, as if they'd know it was career ending this early. 

Well depending on the injury you could know within hours or days that a career is over. 

Anyway, happy that it’s not that 😀

7 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I'm happy to embrace the fact that such is my admiration for Ty (and what I think he symbolises) that my mind ran immediately to the worst option and I shat myself.

There's a special brand of arrogance for people not involved in a panic. Especially after it's over. Not to say that everyone should assume the worst at everything, that people shouldn't be more critical or that jumping to conclusions isn't stupid, but have a think why people are panicking before passing judgement 😘 

Yup. And let’s be real, Ty himself is really only doing this to drum up likes and social media attention, which is what he has received. It was always going to cause this reaction. 

• Like 2

When you look at the stuff they've got him doing in that video, like the underwater bicycles with weights on his ankles, it is pretty mental isn't it? 

My mates dad played for Coventry in the 80s, done his knee and retired instantly, it's like it's no big thing anymore 

Retirement was never happening, I'm still obviously apprehensive that he'll come back as great as he was but if he doesn't it won't be through his or the clubs fault, looks like they're putting the work in to get him back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I'm happy to embrace the fact that such is my admiration for Ty (and what I think he symbolises) that my mind ran immediately to the worst option and I shat myself.

There's a special brand of arrogance for people not involved in a panic. Especially after it's over. Not to say that everyone should assume the worst at everything, that people shouldn't be more critical or that jumping to conclusions isn't stupid, but have a think why people are panicking before passing judgement 😘 

Any pics you can share via PM 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

When you look at the stuff they've got him doing in that video, like the underwater bicycles with weights on his ankles, it is pretty mental isn't it? 

My mates dad played for Coventry in the 80s, done his knee and retired instantly, it's like it's no big thing anymore 

Retirement was never happening, I'm still obviously apprehensive that he'll come back as great as he was but if he doesn't it won't be through his or the clubs fault, looks like they're putting the work in to get him back 

Got the best recovery science going for him I think. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8165856/

This makes for some interesting ready for Ty and Buendia. This study is from 2021 so who knows how fast sports science has evolved since then, but suggests he won't be in top form until he's close to 33. I think that's what's so difficult for Ty - is the timing of it. Last year of contract, aged 30 and then a crushing injury. Buendia is a few years younger so has more time but who knows what could have been for Ty had he not got injured. Can fully understand why his approach was different than Buendia's post-injury.

Â