Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You can see in the slow mo something snaps in his knee and pings down his calf.

Might mean it's a tendon rather than a ligament but either way he's ****

Twitter docs were saying that’s the ACL but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t also another ligament like the LCL considering that runs along side the knee where it popped.

It could be his LCL that has snapped / torn. I had a similar incjury playing back in my school years. It connects above your knee to the higher end of your calf. So gutted for him. He’s going to be out until October time next year would be my guess 

Just now, grobs said:

It could be his LCL that has snapped / torn. I had a similar incjury playing back in my school years. It connects above your knee to the higher end of your calf. So gutted for him. He’s going to be out until October time next year would be my guess 

Seeing how his calf reacts this sounds likely. That's why I speculated it might be a tendon but if the LCL connects to the calf then that could be it.

I'm a complete layman though. LIterally just guessing from that video

Great. Unfortunately this is was what we were all dreading. Is this is the same injury as he got at Bournemouth?  He has been largely injury free for over 4 years and then this. He must be so disappointed. This is the 3rd time in about 10 years that one of centre backs gets a season-ending injury in the first couple of mings- Carlos last year, and Okore a few years back. That seems way above the average- just bad luck?

Awful news and can only wish the big man all the healing in the world. Villa will miss both his leadership qualities and talent on the pitch.

Words like significant, and lengthy rehabilitation are awful to hear and he's probably out for a year.

Mings is another Captain of Villa.

I honestly think they need to take some budget from next season and go big on another CB. Laporte please? It pains me to say it but we must move on quickly...

Carlos also has his own injuries to overcome, Torres is new to the league and Konsa can't seem to play without Mings.

Seems like another transitional season...aren't they all?

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Twitter docs were saying that’s the ACL but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t also another ligament like the LCL considering that runs along side the knee where it popped.

Agree. LCL is the more unusual injury to sustain. Connects to fibula and prevents lateral movement of knee. Looks like it has snapped. Get well soon Ty miss you already!! 😔 

Ok… maybe this is a bit of a stretch…

I have been really distressed by this and long admired Ty…

But.. trying to find the positive in such a dire situation…

Maybe now… once again, we are forced to stop relying on an individual player so heavily? I mean, Ty has basically been our defence, at least led and organised it more than anyone else, for so long now. In the past, we have fallen apart when he’s not been there.

Similarly to how JG was pretty much our attack…. 

Now… we have to become even more of a team… Unai has had us playing as a more compete team and not relying on an individual or figurehead too heavily in our build up and attack…

Maybe the same sort of thing happens in defence now…

Let’s get that Pau and Diego partnership firing… the hope is that this recruitment has lessened our reliance on Ty anyway.. and we wouldn’t have been so negatively affected when he had to sit out a game or two…

It’s still really sad though 😔 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

I've had enough of this season already, feels like it's YET another write off. Can't we just have one normal season with the same manager or without serious injuries? 

I can take a bad result, but these injuries are just horrible. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ok… maybe this is a bit of a stretch…

I have been really distressed by this and long admired Ty…

But.. trying to find the positive in such a dire situation…

Maybe now… once again, we are forced to stop relying on an individual player so heavily? I mean, Ty has basically been our defence, at least led and organised it more than anyone else, for so long now. In the past, we have fallen apart when he’s not been there.

Similarly to how JG was pretty much our attack…. 

Now… we have to become even more of a team… Unai has had us playing as a more compete team and not relying on an individual or figurehead too heavily in our build up and attack…

Maybe the same sort of thing happens in defence now…

Let’s get that Pau and Diego partnership firing… the hope is that this recruitment has lessened our reliance on Ty anyway.. and we wouldn’t have been so negatively affected when he had to sit out a game or two…

It’s still really sad though 😔 

My other thought is that, we were eventually going to need to phase Tyrone into more of a squad player, whilst still a stalwart and leader at some point, due to age and playing style development.

As shite as that is, maybe ( If we have the money ) this allows us to accelerate that process.

I'm not in anyway suggesting that being without him is a positive thing, however, sometimes short term pain/long term gain scenarios happen like this.

Similar to with Emi, this may accelerate us getting another player with different dynamics.

Hopefully if/when those two come back, they will be just welcome, strong boosts to an already strong squad.

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I've had enough of this season already, feels like it's YET another write off.

Don't be over dramatic. Buendia has been inconsistent and not a regular starter during his time here. We have two very good replacements at CB. Injuries happen, that's football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are being told how long he's expected to be out. I'd like to know what ligaments. Are we talking he can play again this season or he's out for 15/16 months as he's done other ligaments too.

So gutted for him. Wish we were told more though than we are. 

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I've had enough of this season already, feels like it's YET another write off. Can't we just have one normal season with the same manager or without serious injuries? 

I can take a bad result, but these injuries are just horrible. 

I've accepted we've had our serious bad luck with the two serious knee injuries. It will impact our season but we still have a season to play.

My new target is 8th to 10th in the League and hope we can go on a run in ECL

If we are to qualify next season we could get ECL from 8th of we can sneak it. Also EL if we can win the ECL

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My other thought is that, we were eventually going to need to phase Tyrone into more of a squad player, whilst still a stalwart and leader at some point, due to age and playing style development.

As shite as that is, maybe ( If we have the money ) this allows us to accelerate that process.

I'm not in anyway suggesting that being without him is a positive thing, however, sometimes short term pain/long term gain scenarios happen like this.

Similar to with Emi, this may accelerate us getting another player with different dynamics.

Hopefully if/when those two come back, they will be just welcome, strong boosts to an already strong squad.

Yeah, it’s all fair. and we have to kind of make the most out of a “bad situation” now… look for solutions, not dwell on problems…

But I don’t feel the need to go after another CB… Pau is and should be our main man going forwards (far too many doubts on him, under appreciated and under rated but will need some time). Our defence will be built around him going forwards. Let’s stop shifting him out to hybrid LB position now and let him focus on his favoured/best position - that’s how we see the best of him too. He’s is Unai’s main man…

As long as Diego is fit and ready for the long season ahead… he could possibly be the Ty replacement in terms of leadership and physicality…

Konsa is great but needs proper support and leadership alongside him… can learn a lot from the other two who have competed and succeeded at the highest levels of the game…

• Like 1

Â