Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

They moved it between themselves, waiting for movement from our static midfield for half of the game.

I thought they looked good, and so did most others here it seems.

And mings got the assist.

I'm not worried what everybody else thinks I thought they were both poor and too often took too long moving the ball forward. There were many times when Cash or Digne were open and still they went side to side to each other or backwards. Great that Mings got an assist in what was a poor team performance. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

They moved it between themselves, waiting for movement from our static midfield for half of the game.

I thought they looked good, and so did most others here it seems.

And mings got the assist.

That's the thing, the movement in front of them is so poor that no one shows for the pass

That's why they're slow in possession or go long, non existwnr midfield

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's the thing, the movement in front of them is so poor that no one shows for the pass

That's why they're slow in possession or go long, non existwnr midfield

Not all the time it wasn't, although movement was dire for the most part. From the Holte End you could see several occasions when there was an outball wide and both CBs decided to check back and slow the tempo. Mings played a stupid ball inside in the first half to Luiz I think when there was a better option out to Digne. Giving possession needlessly away. 

Everyone see's things differently, I thought last night that Mings often slowed down the play but I now wonder if it was more to do with Digne. It was clear early on that the Wolves midfield 3 were going to block anything through the middle of the pitch to Luiz and Kamara. This meant Mings often had to go to Digne who just kept giving him the ball back. 

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

That pass for Ings was sublime. There's attacking mid players that would be struggling to make that pass, let alone big centre backs. 

God ... it was a Hollywood pass. And I thought Ings was slow, he was nowhere near being offside. </Sarcasm>

Mings has been excellent under Emery and for this season overall. If we see a new LB and when Carlos is fit and hopefully playing well. I think Mings will hit another level. 

He's surely going to win player of the season at this rate?

All the stick he gets.

Last 10 minutes is when he's a huge miss.

It's o.k wanting better footballers in the backline (not that we had any in there today) but you need guys who can communicate aswell.

At least fitness permitting him and Martinez will start every game left this season now rather than messing around putting reserves in.

Â