Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

37 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Ridiculous that he was dropped as Captain, clearly Gerrard bought in Carlos to replace him. Yet I always thought Carlos and Ming's would be our best pairing. 

I think Carlos was bought in to play with mings 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I still maintain that there aren’t many better English CB’s right now and we’re quite fortunate to have him. 

The world cup isn’t that far away and when you look at our other CB options (Stones, White, Tomori, Maguire, Mitchell, Coady, etc), Mings belongs in that group for sure.  

If Maguire isn’t playing for Man Utd, Ty should start on that left side for sure 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I don’t think McGinn should be captain the rational of taking it off Mings was so he can concentrate on his game. So far he has played very well with no errors. So surely it’s a good move so far ?

I agree actually. I think Martinez was the smart pick for captain. Mings will always be a leader whether he wears the armband or not, and it does seem to have got better performances out of him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I agree actually. I think Martinez was the smart pick for captain. Mings will always be a leader whether he wears the armband or not, and it does seem to have got better performances out of him.

It wasn’t long ago I saw many Villa fans saying he wasn’t good enough for Villa let alone to be captain.  Now he’s playing much better they are angry he is isn’t captain!

I don’t like the way the whole captain thing was dealt with but Mings doesn’t seem to be complaining and he is playing the best he has in ages.  So what’s the problem?

Agree with anyone that things giving the captaincy to McGinn was a odd move though. It should have been Martinez.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

It wasn’t long ago I saw many Villa fans saying he wasn’t good enough for Villa let alone to be captain.  Now he’s playing much better they are angry he is isn’t captain!

I don’t like the way the whole captain thing was dealt with but Mings doesn’t seem to be complaining and he is playing the best he has in ages.  So what’s the problem?

Agree with anyone that things giving the captaincy to McGinn was a odd move though. It should have been Martinez.

As ever, I think it’s often different fans, rather than fans changing their minds. Mings has always had a lot of support on here, as well as plenty of critics. You just hear one side more vocally at different times, depending on how he’s playing.

• Like 4

Mings looks to be the same player he has been since our move to the PL. That is a solid CB who will occasionally have a poor moment. He's still chewing gum, pointing and shouting but for some reason it doesn't seem to bother people anymore. All that hate and ire is now solidly in the McGinn thread. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He won't be complaining but I guarantee it will have hurt him. However, he seems to thrive on proving people wrong, and there's no doubt he will have felt doubted by Gerrard. Not saying he's ever lacked motivation but maybe at the moment he has more than ever.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

As ever, I think it’s often different fans, rather than fans changing their minds. Mings has always had a lot of support on here, as well as plenty of critics. You just hear one side more vocally at different times, depending on how he’s playing.

This^

The posters who are usual critical of him aren’t posting right now because he’s had a great performance.

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I don’t think McGinn should be captain the rational of taking it off Mings was so he can concentrate on his game. So far he has played very well with no errors. So surely it’s a good move so far ?

I'm not sure I buy this.

Granted, I don't know the dynamics, this is just my take on it and I could be completely wrong.

But to me Tyrone looks like the kind of bloke who will do what captains do regardless of weather he wears the armband or not.

He will still bark orders, put in heroic blocks, miss the target nearly every time when we have a corner and have his occasional blunder. Just like he did when Grealish was captain.

And for where we are right now, I'll definitely take it!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I'm not sure I buy this.

Granted, I don't know the dynamics, this is just my take on it and I could be completely wrong.

But to me Tyrone looks like the kind of bloke who will do what captains do regardless of weather he wears the armband or not.

He will still bark orders, put in heroic blocks, miss the target nearly every time when we have a corner and have his occasional blunder. Just like he did when Grealish was captain.

And for where we are right now, I'll definitely take it!

He is - imo - our only outfield leader. You can give the armband to whoever you want. Vocal on pitch leaders will do the same things regardless. 

It's a shame about Carlos injury because I think the two of them have the right mix to make a great partnership. Both very physical players. Both very quick too. Carlos taking on the majority of the playing from the back responsibility. 

I didn’t see the whole game on Saturday but I heard he was using the dark art of defending by winding Haaland up al game. Bit of ear flicking.  Maybe this is the kind of stuff you can’t really do as captain?

I think him not being captain will really help his game. The only problem is it’s destroyed McGinns in the process!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I didn’t see the whole game on Saturday but I heard he was using the dark art of defending by winding Haaland up al game. Bit of ear flicking.  Maybe this is the kind of stuff you can’t really do as captain?

Eh? Why not?

Â