Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I cannot help but sense racist and misogynist whenever I like that Souness. I hope Mings keeps his cool and doesn't entertain his bullshit. 

I am not saying he is a racist but he does have a select list of players he has had a go at in the media Pogba, Mings, Adebayor, Moise Kean

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am not saying he is a racist but he does have a select list of players he has had a go at in the media Pogba, Mings, Adebayor, Moise Kean

A couple of those seem to be universal pricks beyond race to be fair 🤣

Adebayor and Pogba.

Add Mbappe and Neymar to that list now as well.

I get what you're saying though.

I think he's more just an old school miserable bastard than anything else.

Alot of younger black players tend to have that " Swag " that doesn't align with this dinosaur mentality. Lol

Personality and beyond the box expression must wind him up 🤦🏿‍♂️

" Just shut up and play your football " 🙄

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Adebayor and Pogba.

Alot of younger black players tend to have that " Swag " that doesn't align with this dinosaur mentality. Lol

He is just a strange man Souness in general with a lot of contradictions so am not accusing him of it. Signed the first Catholic for Rangers, then removed all the Irish players from Liverpool but has an Irish wife. He is a nutter

For me I can think of other players he could have a go at but needs an easy target. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is just a strange man Souness in general with a lot of contradictions so am not accusing him of it. Signed the first Catholic for Rangers, then removed all the Irish players from Liverpool but has an Irish wife. He is a nutter

For me I can think of other players he could have a go at but needs an easy target. 

Ming's is a good bloke who aside from outside of people maybe questioning his " Football ability " seems to be universally respected and liked.

So Souness might have made a terrible judgement call here by going at him the way he has. He'll get backlash.

Especially as it's unprovoked in the context.

• Like 1

Souness clutching at straws trying to remain relevant in the football world so resorts to digging out players for no good reason other than his bigoted, outdated and unwanted beliefs (sadly these will be lapped up by the white van, talksport worshippers!) 

The man is a dinosaur and needs putting out to pasture

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Adebayor and Pogba.

Moise Kean was particularly shameful because he was a teenager getting racially abused at the time.

There are plenty of pricks that he conspicuously has nothing to say about, some of them even work with him. In those cases of course it'd be "they have a bit of grit, and personality. I like that, it's a *sultry look* man's game".

Edited by Keyblade

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Souness clutching at straws trying to remain relevant in the football world so resorts to digging out players for no good reason other than his bigoted, outdated and unwanted beliefs (sadly these will be lapped up by the white van, talksport worshippers!) 

The man is a dinosaur and needs putting out to pasture

I can’t disagree with a word you say here - I just find it very sad that a player who in todays market at his prime would be a £100 million man, drops to these levels, he should be held in the highest esteem, unfortunately he will go down as a bitter and miserable ex - pro 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ming's is a good bloke who aside from outside of people maybe questioning his " Football ability " seems to be universally respected and liked.

So Souness might have made a terrible judgement call here by going at him the way he has. He'll get backlash.

Especially as it's unprovoked in the context.

Backlash from reasonable humans… the racists and culture warriors will love it though. He’s on Talksport and writing in the Daily Mail, sadly he knows exactly what he’s doing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Backlash from reasonable humans… the racists and culture warriors will love it though. He’s on Talksport and writing in the Daily Mail, sadly he knows exactly what he’s doing. 

He certainly knows his audience and seems to be actively marketing to them now.

Lot of talk here about Souness.

Doesn't matter if you agree with him or not - he's done exactly what he is paid to do: Provoke controversy to get clicks/eyes/numbers and justify his job.

Thankfully, our former captain is above all that.

Souness is an oxygen thief scraping a gutter press living with controversial outbursts but I do agree that Mings does talk too much, often on matters outside of football. Wish he would concentrate on his game rather than trying to become a poor man's Rashford and risk what has happened to Rashford.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Souness is an oxygen thief scraping a gutter press living with controversial outbursts but I do agree that Mings does talk too much, often on matters outside of football. Wish he would concentrate on his game rather than trying to become a poor man's Rashford and risk what has happened to Rashford.  

Out of interest do you think Rashford talks too much? (he made a huge impact) And if you don't why don't you feel the same about Mings?

I really don't think Mings's form has suffered at all throughout—which can't necessarily be said about Rashford. Mings has been one of our most consistent players all through his time here.

Edited by Rolta

Â