Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

56 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The third was definate imo. the 2nd bordeline. 

The 3rd is not a mings mistake 🤦‍♂️

yes mings should do better but he's had a ball headed down at him on to his weaker foot from 4 yards away from a guy getting a free header, it's bad anticipation but its not a mistake leading to a goal 

If anyone should get a stat for that goal it's cash, horrible marking 

This is a big part of the problem with Mings, everything that's even slightly poor is labelled as a mistake or an error and has all the context removed because people only want to look at mings 

Edited by villa4europe

59 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The third was definate imo. the 2nd bordeline. 

Again the 2nd...

Ignore the 4 villa players taken out by a backheel and focus on mings

Its a weak jump and he should do better but its not a mistake and that goal is not solely on mings

One photo showed 10 villa players in our box for that goal, only 3 of them actually **** move, mings, coutinho and Buendia, the others just stand and watch

But yeah definitely mings again 

Am I Mings biggest fan, no. Is he to blame for the catalogue of errors this season in defence, definitely not. I think the bottom line is, several players were all culpable for the goals on Wed. Whether through poor positioning, not cutting out crosses, not tracking runners...You could easily find several things wrong with the passage of plays leading up to each goal. Is Mings error prone, yes. Is every player error prone, yes of course they are. It's soft to pick out anyone player in the team and apportion all the blame in their direction when collectively we were poor around the pitch.

We have been on a rollercoaster this year with most the squad being below par imo. From the start of the season under Smith to now. Even though there have been team improvements, we have yet to really see this team kick on from last year. It's frustrating when you now look at the squad quality but happens all the time at every club. Things can take time to adjust and settle properly.  I for one don't think the defence are a whole lot worse than last season. I think the added expectation and change in system is as much to blame as the players for the errors that have occurred and personally I just find it hard to slate and write off a unit that for the most part have been excellent the last couple of years and not our weakest area. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Again the 2nd...

Ignore the 4 villa players taken out by a backheel and focus on mings

Its a weak jump and he should do better but its not a mistake and that goal is not solely on mings

One photo showed 10 villa players in our box for that goal, only 3 of them actually **** move, mings, coutinho and Buendia, the others just stand and watch

But yeah definitely mings again 

Just to take that analysis a bit further Mings successfully bullied James off of the chance at the header but then Buendia comes barreling in pushing James into the flight of the ball. James is clueless to all of it. One second he is being pushed out of the play the next second he's being sent at light speed right into the ball flight. 

If anything you blame Buendia for the reckless challenge in an open goal but that would be beyond harsh.  To prevent that goal you prevent the cross. As many on here have mentioned, the right side of our defense did nothing to stop the cross. They hung Mings out to dry, only those with an agenda will say otherwise. 

• Like 1

Regarding Leeds second goal....

As soon as it went in I watched James looked at the linesman I felt that he expected it to be flagged for a foul (by James) and he reacted more with relief than anything else that the flag stayed down...

Regards

Del

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I do think since his injury that Nakamba has been elevated to incredible heights. He played well in a few games and I do like him for his role but I think people will be expecting Makelele when he returns 😂

No? Just that he was playing well under Gerrard's first few games and we've looked considerably less solid since he got injured.

• Like 1

Just thinking…..

Mings as a temporary dcm!?

I know it sounds a bit outlandish but he can read the game, play a ball and as all pro footballers has the fitness. He looks best when driving forward. Maybe less costly “mistakes” and a great leader.

hause/chambers to fill the void? 

Edited by Essexvillian

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Pushing Buendia after the goal was poor form, instinctive reaction I know.

He apologised immediately as he though it was a Newcastle player blocking him. poor form?

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

He’d be a decent player for stoke back in their day. So rancid to watch just smashes it up the pitch every time he gets it. It never used to piss me off about him chewing gum but now the more people mention it it’s doing my head in 

1 minute ago, grobs said:

He’d be a decent player for stoke back in their day. So rancid to watch just smashes it up the pitch every time he gets it. It never used to piss me off about him chewing gum but now the more people mention it it’s doing my head in 

Yay… the chewing gum is back. *eye roll*

• Like 1

I noticed in the first few minutes of the game he was pushing well into the opposition half and progressing play around their box.

Then it dawned on me: He'd only be doing that early if he's been instructed to. Given our midfield, that is a recipe for disaster.

Â