Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Respect the honesty

Yeah, fair play to him for admitting he shouldn’t have been messing about with it, he’s a good character. It’s just frustrating because it happens too regularly. Rio Ferdinand is spot on, you can argue about the rule all day but there was a sure fire way to make it a non issue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Yeah, fair play to him for admitting he shouldn’t have been messing about with it, he’s a good character. It’s just frustrating because it happens too regularly. Rio Ferdinand is spot on, you can argue about the rule all day but there was a sure fire way to make it a non issue.

Two ways ( assuming you mean he should of put his foot through it ) Linesman should of put the flag up the minute the city lad headed it. Would of slowed it up but we wouldn't be here.

"A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.

"As the Law deems that Rodri has not gained an advantage, he has not committed an offside offence and play should be allowed to continue. Rodri legitimately took possession of the ball from Mings, starting the attack which resulted in the goal."

Rodri gained an advantage from the situation taking the ball from Mings from behind. How can the initial part of the rule state they have not gained an advantage. It's so backwards. Who writes this shit? 

Time and time again, players in offside positions don't get involved because they know they were offside. 

It's basically saying you can goal hang and get involved once a defender controls it. Dumb as.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

It's basically saying you can goal hang and get involved once a defender controls it. Dumb as.

It doesn't.

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

"A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball,

At which point did Rodri receive the ball from Mings? They can't even get the interpretation of the rules right in their statement stating the decision was right 🤡

• Like 2

2 hours ago, penguin said:

I’m certainly not in any rush to get rid of him, I can’t believe people would genuinely want that,  he’s excellent for the level we are.
But there’s a massive difference and line between being able to play and taking huge risks every game, which he does and seems to get caught far too often. Even ignoring the offside decision, in which he should have taken no chances, he also almost dropped Konsa in it earlier in the game.

He clearly can play but I’d like like a bit less swagger and a bit more safety first on the scale personally.

We shouldn't sell him but I don't like that he has an uncontested starting spot. I think he might try to stay switched on more if there was someone pushing for his place.

9 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t agree with that at all. Clearing that is basically conceding posession to them and inviting pressure. He does the right thing by trying to control, and the law doesn’t allow an offside player to tackle him as he does. The ridiculous interpretations of the law wheeled out in defence of Jon Moss tonight are made up fiction without precedent. 

Offside offence
A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
• challenging an opponent for the ball or
• clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
• making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Two points on this:

1) Rodri pivots his body whilst in an offside position as he notices Mings chests the ball

2) He was still in an offside position to challenge Mings who was not in control of the ball

He's active twice and nothing is given for offside. It's a joke.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We're a side that plays out from the back - it's quite clearly a thing we do which is why we have comfortable, technically proficient passers all across the back line.  We're under the cosh by a very strong side.  The thing that leads to this whole incident is a poor kick from Martinez.  Mings is bringing the ball down in defence to retain possession with a player miles offside behind him.  There's literally no danger.

Hoofing it under no pressure and giving the ball straight back to Man City is exactly what we wouldn't have wanted to happen there.

(I say 'exactly' what we wouldn't have wanted...)

Its amazing that the solution to this from all of the pundits and ex refs is that Mings should just hoof it away, and lose possession. As if it's his fault someones offside behind him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Its amazing that the solution to this from all of the pundits and ex refs is that Mings should just hoof it away, and lose possession. As if it's his fault someones offside behind him.

It's amazing how they overlook the fact that Rodri used his offside position to clearly influence the ability of Mings to control to ball by tackling him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Offside offence
A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
• challenging an opponent for the ball or
• clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
• making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Two points on this:

1) Rodri pivots his body whilst in an offside position as he notices Mings chests the ball

2) He was still in an offside position to challenge Mings who was not in control of the ball

He's active twice and nothing is given for offside. It's a joke.

Ding ding ding! ...is the correct answer

Never a goal. Cheated again!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

No. Mings had a good game otherwise as I stated, but gave the ball away at the wrong moment. 

He didn't give the ball away. Rodri stole it from him when he had no right to go for the ball. It's there in the FA rules that The_Steve posted. 

The PL are just arse covering, you could find a hundred examples of offside being given in that exact same kind of situation from this season alone I’d wager.

In fact I hope Smith does look for them and then present it in a Bielsa style PowerPoint to the media

• Like 1

Â