sir_gary_cahill

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or

- Qualify for Champions League

- Attain further lucrative sponsorships

- Get fees ( even if minimal ) for deadwood

- Remove millions from wage bill via deadwood

And have to do NONE of that?

Again, was/is this Ramsey sale need info ITK? Who confirmed this was the " plan "?

I think the selling which was mentioned would be needed for big transfers. I don’t think we need to buy bigger names, continue being shrewd. As we saw this season, it’s a squad game. We could go buy 40-60m player, if he’s injured then that’s it. 
I think we’ll but some younger players with huge potential. Such as Rogers, but from abroad. 
Zaniolo and Lenglet will be back to their clubs, then we’ll have to see Ramsey, Buendia and Mings. How well are they doing. Kamara as well. According do that I think we’ll act. 
I assume our main focus to begin with will be a DM. 

• Like 3

It might be some sort of insider trading thing but if this toe screw thing is something that might be a problem for the rest of his career and need constant managing we should sell him. Ideally to some oil bastards for maximum profit

Gutted for him and us. 

Fit and firing he would be one of the first 3 or 4 names on the team sheet for me. He is our best ball carrier and we have really missed him down that left hand side. We have also seen that Moreno looks nothing like the same player without Ramsey to combine with. 

Hopefully he'll be back as good as ever come the start of next season.

• Like 3

Really sorry for the lad.

we were all hoping this would be the year  when he built on the progress from last season and was pushing for a place in the England squad for the Euros.

Here’s wishing a speedy and successful recovery in time for our Champions League season 24/25.

A big shame as he was getting back to his best. Rogers is the most natural replacement but I think we will see Tielemans play there till the end of the season 

18 minutes ago, omariqy said:

A big shame as he was getting back to his best. Rogers is the most natural replacement but I think we will see Tielemans play there till the end of the season 

Not sure we can move Tielemans there as he's been covering in the middle

4 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

And then he rubbed his arse in your face and pretended he never played for the club.

You mean in 1990 at Luton Airport when the England team came home (Gazza with the plastic breasts before Raoul Moat period) I climbed up the side of the bus and got DP’s autograph on my Villa shirt that was all wasted.

1 hour ago, beasley14 said:

Not sure we can move Tielemans there as he's been covering in the middle

Now McGinn is back. Expect him and luiz in the middle. Tielemans Diaby on either side. 

• Like 1

Did the screw thing happen in the initial op he had last summer? That's a long old time to be having discomfort, explains his numerous setbacks in his comeback matches.

Get it sorted once and for all and hopefully he's back at 100% in August.

5 hours ago, useless said:

Selling Ramsey has never been part of the plan, that idea is just fans presuming based on Jacob Tanswell tweet saying Newcastle were interested because we needed to sell before we buy, before that there was no talk whatsoever of him being sold for FFP reasons, and the dumb thing is if you'd have read the article that that tweet linked to even that said that we didn't want to sell him and have other ways of making the money, all the article really amounted to was that Newcastle were interested in him, but even that turned out to be not true, as Howe came out and said so publicly, because they have FFP issues of their own, and Emery himself has also stated several times since that Ramsey isn't for sale and is a big part of his plans

I think many are too fixated on this idea of selling youngsters or players that came through our academy just because we did it several times last summer, but they weren't first team players, so it's completey different to Ramsey, Ramsey isn't comparable to them, he's one of our best players and one of the first names on the teamsheet when fit, he's also one of the players least likely to want to leave

Tanswell was on the Athletic podcast last night, and repeated that Newcastle were interested in buying him in January. He also named Ramsey as one of the players we might sell because we need to raise £50m before June 30th. 

Of course he could be wrong, but it's not just old information, he repeated this stuff yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Tanswell was on the Athletic podcast last night, and repeated that Newcastle were interested in buying him in January. He also named Ramsey as one of the players we might sell because we need to raise £50m before June 30th. 

Of course he could be wrong, but it's not just old information, he repeated this stuff yesterday. 

he could just be a massive bullshitting clearing in the woods.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Bit of a lost season for him.  I would say he is probably the only player in our squad who looked better under Gerrard than Emery so far. Must be disappointing for the lad.

That’s not actually true, the last 10 games of last season he was immense and was close to an England call up. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, omariqy said:

Now McGinn is back. Expect him and luiz in the middle. Tielemans Diaby on either side. 

Yeh potentially, have we been playing the same system since we lost Kamara? Its been less obvious I think, especially with Konsa at Rb as he's more defensive.  Either way we have enough to win today if we play well.

McGinn     Luiz

Tielemans 

Baily             Diaby 

This is pretty good too.

11 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

he could just be a massive bullshitting clearing in the woods.  

Sure, that's possible. He doesn't seem like a bullshitter to me, but I don't know the bloke and I could definitely be wrong. I'm not his hype man or publicist, I have nothing invested in his reputation. I'm just pointing out that these claims were not just made in articles and tweets in January, but were repeated on Thursday. 

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sure, that's possible. He doesn't seem like a bullshitter to me, but I don't know the bloke and I could definitely be wrong. I'm not his hype man or publicist, I have nothing invested in his reputation. I'm just pointing out that these claims were not just made in articles and tweets in January, but were repeated on Thursday. 

Since January we have signed a (reputedly significant) shirt deal with Adidas and have trebled the value of our front of shirt sponsor (both of which I believe come into effect before the end of June - part of the reason for changing our accounting period to tie in better with our contract periods).  Not to mention the fact that we're also due to make a significant improvement in earnings from our PL finish, extra matches in Europe, prize money from Europe, etc.  Yet he's still banging on about the same value "FFP hole" required to stop us being docked points next season.  Like everyone else he's primarily interested in sensationalist claims that will make people read his **** rather than actually any journalistic integrity - it's why his post is full of "might", "if", "other options", etc.  Basically if you put enough caveats in the article if / when Villa don't sell Ramsey then his get out of jail free card is that "I never said that they would sell him just that they might have to if they were short of funds".  Of course it would be almost impossible to prove that we never even thought about it (even if Emery, Monchi and NSWE all come out and deny it - he'll just mutter about "well they would say that just to make the player feel better") so he's in a no-lose position really.

• Like 3

Â