Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

some challenge...as I rate Bellingham very highly, as I do our JJ.

not all games require 2 holding players....thats where the managers tactics v the opposition come in.

31 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The issue is Southgates rigid 433 wirh 2 holding midfielders. So in effect he is challenging Bellingham for a spot. 

Exactly why I said it's good that it's at the end of his reign.

In Southgates system there's no room for both. But in Emery's (for example) both would flourish. Or generally any manager who's got the slightest level of ability.

Ramsey is going to be a mainstay of the England midfield alongside Bellingham, probably for the next 3 world cups.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

some challenge...as I rate Bellingham very highly, as I do our JJ.

not all games require 2 holding players....thats where the managers tactics v the opposition come in.

I genuinely think Bellingham can become the best CM in the world.

Him and JJ are different types of player imo.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree. JJ is very good, but the Bellingham comparisons are slightly optimistic, given he is a once-in-a-generation talent who is only 20yrs and absolutely running things at Real Madrid. 

• Like 4

Just now, Made In Aston said:

I agree. JJ is very good, but the Bellingham comparisons are slightly optimistic, given he is a once-in-a-generation talent who is only 20yrs and absolutely running things at Real Madrid. 

I think the comparisons are more about them being midlands boys as opposed to playing style etc. I think they should be playing for England together 

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think Bellingham can play anywhere in an outfield position.

but mainly 6 -8 or 10

His goal scoring exploits of late, favour him playing in an offensive position.

Reminds me of Grealish, used to play CM and LM, but ended up as a proper left winger. The best of Ramsey can come when he’s more advanced and not worried about what’s happening behind (well as much as Ollie and Diaby. 
He gets limited once he’s playing CM. Finding spaces and taking it forward is his best attribute. 

I remember JJs 1st season he looked really average 

The amount his game has improved over the years has been incredible 

If you think luiz JJ kamara mcginn and tielsmann cost less than 20m in transfer fees its absolutely astonishing 

19 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Injured again. We are cursed 

No we are not

These are highly tuned athletes. Once you miss a few games like Ramsey has this season, it can upset the rhythm the body has. It’ll take a few weeks to be back up there and it all to be working fully, and along the way there are often a few niggling injuries. It’s better JJ misses this game in Europe than long term being out.

• Like 1

I wouldn't put too much stock into the availability of players for a European game. Giving them a rest and missing training might be what's required. I'll worry if they're unavailable for the Wolves game.

• Like 1

Â