Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

On 28/03/2023 at 19:46, pete101 said:

Represents the club so we'll, even just watching him lead England u21s out and talking to mascot who is young blind girl, just gives you the impression that he is pure class on and off the pitch 

Friend of mine (who happens to be a nose) knows his dad through boxing and said to me ages ago that JJ and his brothers have been brought up properly. If he can keep developing and maintains a first team place with us then I can see him captaining the team at some point 

• Like 3

He has to affect games more consistently. That’s my only gripe. He can go missing in matches and the ball just doesn’t seem to get to him.

The talent is there and he’s still so young. Really hope he kicks on and becomes a massive player for us. 

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't you dare blaspheme in here!

This is my man, this is my restaurant, and you two are just gonna walk right out that door without your dry white toast, without your four fried chickens, and without Matt "Guitar" Murphy!

• Haha 3

He's like a gazelle when driving forward with the ball. We need to tie him down and keep developing him. There's room for improvement but he's a gifted young player and a joy to watch when he's in good form.

• Like 2

Moved from his favoured position as was mccginn to accommodate Bailey coming in.

We should be swapping like for like rather than rejigging players to fit another in.

Not a great game for that reason,  still got involved but loses his drive coming from the right which is one of his key attributes.

39 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

According to Paul McGrath podcast he had 20 something touches of the ball tonight compared to Douglas Luiz who had over 100 and McGinn close to 70.

I think he lets the game pass by him at times. More confidence = asserting yourself more in games on a more consistent basis. Hopefully he gets that confidence.

Predictably a tough game for him. Still has to learn how to play in those half spaces and when the game gets bogged down. Very similar output to the west ham game when the hammers wouldn’t leave their own half. 

Give him space to carry and drive and he will excel but in tight areas and with not a lot of room, he still has a lot of room for growth. Look at how quickly Buendia played that pass to Watkins. Should try to learn as much as he can from the Argentine to improve that side of his game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Predictably a tough game for him. Still has to learn how to play in those half spaces and when the game gets bogged down. Very similar output to the west ham game when the hammers wouldn’t leave their own half. 

Give him space to carry and drive and he will excel but in tight areas and with not a lot of room, he still has a lot of room for growth. Look at how quickly Buendia played that pass to Watkins. Should try to learn as much as he can from the Argentine to improve that side of his game. 

Spot on. Tight spaces - he has to improve.

The question with Ramsey is whether we continue starting him, let him grow and accept that some days will be better than others in the process, or get a finished article first teamer in now who'll be a more consistent option. 

I'd be leaning towards the former. 

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Spot on. Tight spaces - he has to improve.

I think that's why we've been linked to mostly La Liga players.  Spanish players very good playing in tight spaces with quick tiki taka like passes, it's how they're trained in Spain.  And it's players like that we need to break the low block.  The better we get, the more teams will sit back against us, we need those kinds of players.  Think we'll see Unai mainly target that league to try and poach players, that and the fact he knows the league inside out.

• Like 1

Â