Kortney Hause

Sam3773

7 hours ago, Thug said:

Based on..?

Our wages were £119m for the financial year ended May 2022 not including social security costs, the same amount as the previous year, but 27% above the prior year. There has been significant wage growth since the Championship days.

Back to that £119m. Allowing £15m for admin staff and youth players, that leaves £2m a week for the first team players.

I haven’t seen Kortney’s wage slip but I would very very surprised if a senior player who had a contract extension was getting less than 1% of the wage bill. That would be £20,000 a week.

Football Manager, for what it’s worth, puts his wages at £35,000 a week. That seems about right when the total wage divided by 25 players is an average of £80,000. No way is he on £8k imho.

3 hours ago, Enda said:

Our wages were £119m for the financial year ended May 2022 not including social security costs, the same amount as the previous year, but 27% above the prior year. There has been significant wage growth since the Championship days.

Back to that £119m. Allowing £15m for admin staff and youth players, that leaves £2m a week for the first team players.

I haven’t seen Kortney’s wage slip but I would very very surprised if a senior player who had a contract extension was getting less than 1% of the wage bill. That would be £20,000 a week.

Football Manager, for what it’s worth, puts his wages at £35,000 a week. That seems about right when the total wage divided by 25 players is an average of £80,000. No way is he on £8k imho.

Look I don’t know any better than you, and I’m not going to say you’re wrong.

What I will say though I’m more likely to believe a source whose sole objective is to aggregate this information than a ‘hunch’ from a villatalker whose only supporting evidence is Football Manager.  

Coutinho is valued at £43m in football manager

And they have Digne on £125k per week - and we all KNOW he’s on at least quadruple that. 😜

9 hours ago, Thug said:

What I will say though I’m more likely to believe a source whose sole objective is to aggregate this information than a ‘hunch’ from a villatalker whose only supporting evidence is Football Manager.  

I literally quoted lines from our financial accounts 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enda said:

I literally quoted lines from our financial accounts 🤷‍♂️

What line did you quote?

You quoted our overall wage bill which tells us nothing about Hause’s wages.

You may as well have said ‘the overall wage bill was £119m, so dividing that by 45, multiplied by 8, take away the number you first thought of, now look at football manager to find out that the tea lady is getting £12.50 an hour.’

Anyway, all that is moot.

£8k, £20k, is not the issue.

Calling someone a wasteman (I know it wasn’t you) for signing a contract that was offered to him.  Calling said contract ‘big’ whilst not actually knowing what that contract is.  Criticising the contract when you have no clue with regards to the terms of the contract.. is odd.

MAYBE we got a loan fee of £500k.  MAYBE they paid all his wages.  MAYBE he cost is literally nothing, or MAYBE we even made a profit.  MAYBE we made a small loss, but had a recall option which made the loss worthwhile?

Who knows?  But I doubt we looked at the situation and thought ‘you know, we don’t need you, but what heck, here’s £1m/yr for jokes.  Enjoy.’

Edited by Thug

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

No idea where he is even, is he injured? Is he training with u23s? Nobody has ever asked about him, not seen a thing about him.

I think his new album is coming out soon. Called 'Hause Music' followed by a uk wide tour..... ..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, villan95 said:

That was his plan all along, hope everyone forgets he exists until the window closes 😉

Reminds me of this story

Man Skipped Work For 6 Years And No One Noticed Until He Won An Award

"I wondered whether he was still working there, had he retired, had he died? But the payroll showed he was still receiving a salary."

For six years, a building supervisor in Spain quietly collected a $41,500 salary from his local government without showing up for work.

And he would have gotten away with it too if it wasn’t for him getting an award for his 20 years of loyal service.

“I called him up and asked him, ‘What did you do yesterday? The month before, the month before that?’ He didn’t know what to say,”

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/man-skipped-work-for-6-years_n_56c1d32ae4b0b40245c72512

• Haha 3

Bit harsh.

He played his part in 19/20. Can't remember what he did the next season but he then suddenly came back into the team a few games into 2021 season and scored the famous goal at Old Trafford so that was worth the 3m alone.

Then got dropped and injuries after which massively disrupted his Watford loan.

I'm surprised someone like Sheffield United haven't been in touch given his experience at prem level and their low budget. Probably one of those you'll randomly see go on loan at 22.59 on Friday.

• Like 1

He got a bad injury at Watford and then Watford wanted him sent back to villa for rehab. Villa disputed this saying he is loaned for the year so his rehab should happen at Watford. The players union got involved and then I think he did return the Villa in the end. Doesn’t seem like behaviour that would happen for a player we wanted to stay so I guess he will be sold, loaned or cut loose when possible.

He put something on his Instagram recently about it all being a facade (his life) and he just wants to be back on the pitch playing football.

Does all seem a bit odd.

I remember his debut, might have been Brentford away or something like that and I thought he looked like a raffle winner, poor technique, no pace. But he got much, much better and to be honest, he never really let us down when playing. Now he’s got next to no chance of getting into an Unai team because his technique and passing is probably his weakest point but he’s still a solid CB, lower premier / upper championship I’d say.

I hope it gets better for him.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He put something on his Instagram recently about it all being a facade (his life) and he just wants to be back on the pitch playing football.

Does all seem a bit odd.

I remember his debut, might have been Brentford away or something like that and I thought he looked like a raffle winner, poor technique, no pace. But he got much, much better and to be honest, he never really let us down when playing. Now he’s got next to no chance of getting into an Unai team because his technique and passing is probably his weakest point but he’s still a solid CB, lower premier / upper championship I’d say.

I hope it gets better for him.

IIRC it was a 3-0 loss at Wigan with Lovre Kalinic in goal. Bad times.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2023 at 13:29, villan95 said:

IIRC it was a 3-0 loss at Wigan with Lovre Kalinic in goal. Bad times.

I could have sworn it was Brentford as well. He was awful and his touch was appalling. Next game he was the complete opposite, played quality and showed great footwork at LB.

Â