Match Thread: Villa v QPR

limpid

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not really done much wrong there, great goal out of nothing, we can be better but we were good value for a lead. 

It was a great strike, but the player was allowed to run too far before anyone got near him. We do seem to let teams run at us lately.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

what were we fuming about after their goal?

I thought it looked as if we wanted to take kick off quickly as QPR were all back in their own half celebrating (like Blues tried to do to us but Jedinak wouldn't move) but the ref said they couldn't and had to wait for the whistle. Good reffing I think there, it may not be in the rules but we can't be that unsporting just to get an advantage over QPR ffs, it's not the bloody playoff final 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We have had one soft shit on target

mcginn hits the bar

Stool softeners at half time then.

• Haha 2

Re Tammy, I’d rather have Benteke on loan than Tammy. I would be happy with Maupay too. It’s not the end of the world. He has shone here because of the service he gets, he failed at Swansea in the PL. He has a lot of craft to develop yet

• Like 2

Can't help but feel this is going to be one of those matches where it'll be a slog right until the end.

We need a win. The fellas are going to have to dig deep and tough this one out. There's no room for complacency.

Failure to be in each and every contest and fight for every possession and interception will mean we invite QPR to have a go at the 3 points.

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

We look leggy and tired again.

First few games under Smith we were up in people's faces and moving the ball quickly.

McGinn in particular looks like his legs are made of lead, whereas they were previously made in Scotland from girders.

spot on....

our midfield are not very mobile and are giving the ball away too easily....its all becoming laboured and predictable stuff.

to win this we need to score the next goal, concede and our heads will drop and we will find it hard.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, weedman said:

I thought it looked as if we wanted to take kick off quickly as QPR were all back in their own half celebrating (like Blues tried to do to us but Jedinak wouldn't move) but the ref said they couldn't and had to wait for the whistle. Good reffing I think there, it may not be in the rules but we can't be that unsporting just to get an advantage over QPR ffs, it's not the bloody playoff final 

It's the ref's job to enforce the written rules, not make it up as he goes along like this word removed did. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Smith has to b doing better. The recent results have been very poor

Mainly due to the shit defence and GK he has been left with, he needs at least 2 windows before he can be judged

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 1