The VT 2018 Christmas Thread

Xela

On 22/12/2018 at 14:47, villa4europe said:

Much to my surprise the Xmas market in bonn is much better than Brum...cologne market tonight

How did you find cologne? We were there a few weeks ago, stunning location especially at night, but really busy and felt cramped.

We also did Dusseldorf which I preferred as it was more spread out into 7 smaller markets so nicer to eat and drink in, with some entertainment put on. Did Essen in the day which was nice but reminded me of Brum as it's right down their high street. 

Brum isn't a touch on any of them though. Always love a trip to Germany but first time doing the markets was a great experience. 

Off to buy ingredients for a cheesecake and collect a couple of last minute presents, then national lampoon's Christmas vacation tonight! 

Edited by This Could Be Rotterdam

Just completed my Christmas shopping and having an annual McDonalds in this shopping mall which, thank God, is almost desolate.

Bulgarians put emphasis on tonight rather than tomorrow so it'll be round to my MILs for some weird bean concoction and then the pub afterwards. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Heading up to Newcastle (Maine) tonight for X-Mas eve revelry at my sister's. She always has a very informal party that is well attended. Lots of kids and plenty of booze and snack food. I'll crash on the sofa and we'll open presents on Tuesday morning followed by an early dinner. We decided to skip the traditional turkey and make cheese fondue instead. Can't wait. 

Merry Christmas VillaTalkers

Sounds great. Have a good one, Mike. 

• Like 1

On 22/12/2018 at 14:47, villa4europe said:

Much to my surprise the Xmas market in bonn is much better than Brum...cologne market tonight

The Antwerp one was shit

Baden Baden's was good though

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â