January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I see what you’re saying but the manager has the final say on signings

I agree, I said the same thing in my post. He has the final say so he gets the blame. But I don't think it's unfeasible that he and other players get signed without the manager seeing them play. I doubt bruce had seen much of Birkir Bjarnasson before we signed him

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I still think Hogan can come good for us

I'd love it if you're right. But I don't think you are. Hogan is absolute toilet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree, I said the same thing in my post. He has the final say so he gets the blame. But I don't think it's unfeasible that he and other players get signed without the manager seeing them play. I doubt bruce had seen much of Birkir Bjarnasson before we signed him

I'd love it if you're right. But I don't think you are. Hogan is absolute toilet.

Hogan's not a bad player, he just needs a team that plays to his strengths and that is not us. With the right set up for him he will scores goals, good luck to him

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Have a look on YouTube at Scott Hogan when he was at Brentford, he was outstanding for them, I think you’re right with the rest of your post

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

Hogan's not a bad player, he just needs a team that plays to his strengths and that is not us. With the right set up for him he will scores goals, good luck to him

I think that's based on nothing but blind faith.

How Hogan is still getting these excuses made for him is baffling. He absolutely is a bad player.

But that's for the hogan thread. I don't want to take this off topic.

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have a look on YouTube at Scott Hogan when he was at Brentford, he was outstanding for them, I think you’re right with the rest of your post

He was outstanding for 30 games. A very admirable purple patch.

He's been dog shit ever since and nothing remarkable before that.

We now have the same manager who got that purple patch out of him, and he still can't get near the team. He's crap.

but like I said, that's for the hogan thread. We can take up this debate in there if you like.

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you’re correct 

The old 'playing to his strengths' argument. Sigh.

The bloke can't even control the ball. He's slow, can't dribble, pass and he's crap in the air.
But you're right, a team should sign him and make sure all the other 10 players know everything they do is for Scott. Don't bother putting crosses in, that's not his game. Don't bother playing it into the channels, that's not super Scott's game. I could go on.

I don't know why you always get me to bite, SGC. You think literally every player that plays for us is world class and that all our youngsters are destined to play for Real Madrid. Has it not occurred to you that we're 10th in the Championship and we've only produced 3 decent young players in 20 years? 

I wish I shared your optimism/enthusiasm. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The old 'playing to his strengths' argument. Sigh.

The bloke can't even control the ball. He's slow, can't dribble, pass and he's crap in the air.
But you're right, a team should sign him and make sure all the other 10 players know everything they do is for Scott. Don't bother putting crosses in, that's not his game. Don't bother playing it into the channels, that's not super Scott's game. I could go on.

I don't know why you always get me to bite, SGC. You think literally every player that plays for us is world class and that all our youngsters are destined to play for Real Madrid. Has it not occurred to you that we're 10th in the Championship and we've only produced 3 decent young players in 20 years? 

I wish I shared your optimism/enthusiasm. 

He can finish, go on YouTube, type in Scott Hogan Brentford, it’s a great video, I try to be positive in any way that I can

Hogan is about movement, finishing and work rate IMO. Unfortunately his injuries and form here has knackered his confidence to the degree he doesn't even believe in himself anymore. No way he will make it here. In any way we can get him off the wage bill we should.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hogans a goal scorer and nothing else. Similar to Darren Bent. If he’s banging in the goals great, if not it’s like playing with 10 men. 

I'd argue that the Hogan I saw in the beginning had a work rate 10 fold a Darren Bent to be honest, he has harryong defenses and generally a nuisance.

I don't think he is a bad players either I think a combination of factors plus confidence most likely being shocked have aided to his demise sadly.

Has not worked out for him here, might do somewhere else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pintpotvilla said:

Perhaps you didn't watch him like I did when he did play. Good runs off the ball into goal scoring positions were ignored time after time by our midfielders. I felt sorry for him, loads of effort, plenty of vision, never any passes. You may see it differently but you may have to explain later when he's scoring shed loads for a new team, we'll see UTV

His movement is one of his worst assets.

His runs are bizarre. Don't confuse workrate with intelligent movement.

He runs around a lot. That's his only asset. If he made more intelligent runs he might get more chances.

And when he does get chances, he usually does nothing with them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce doesn’t join until February so he ain’t signing anybody from Villa! Plus I don’t think we should do business with him anyway after his sabotage!

Yes, he's currently in the West Indies watching the cricket or he might be offering some tactical advice to the test team. If so, that's not going too well...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Indigo said:

If certain fans had their way, we'd have a team every week that would contain Alan Hutton and Scott Hogan. 

A truly terrifying thought. 

I don't think there would be one fan on here that would have both of these players in their team every week.

Who do you think we will sign this window?