January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

James Justin is 20 and already has 73 first team appearances for Luton.  That's a ton of experience for such a young player.

Sorry...  Got that wrong.  73 League appearances and 97 overall caps for Luton.  Even more insane.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

James Justin - Can he be any worse than Neil Taylor? I am not sure that is possible.

Read in another thread we have apparently had a bid for Charlie Austin accepted. :mellow:

Hopefully, that Austin link is fake news. 

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

James Justin - Can he be any worse than Neil Taylor? I am not sure that is possible.

Read in another thread we have apparently had a bid for Charlie Austin accepted. :mellow:

You’d be suprised what the pressure of playing for Villa can do to you. 

• Haha 1

I wouldnt be moving Abraham an inch and can only assume the Austin link is bullshit. 

The only way it would work is if we played attacking full backs and no wingers. With 2 strikers and Grealish behind them. That would require a shit hot CDM that can drop into a back 3 organically. Plus the attacking full backs we dont have yet.

I like it, but cant see it this season.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I wouldnt be moving Abraham an inch and can only assume the Austin link is bullshit. 

The only way it would work is if we played attacking full backs and no wingers. With 2 strikers and Grealish behind them. That would require a shit hot CDM that can drop into a back 3 organically. Plus the attacking full backs we dont have yet.

I like it, but cant see it this season.

Even though Tammy scores a lot of goals quite a few are from set pieces.  He covers a lot of the pitch and doesn’t like to stay up top. Apparently he also prefers playing on the wing where if done correctly is also an area you can score a lot of goals from. (Think Adomah). 

I would prefer Abraham up front but having Abraham and Austin in the team would mean one less shit winger on the pitch. 

Fair enough. I think Abraham is a striker that like to drift wide. It could be lethal having another genuine goal threat to fill the space he vacates. I think that means a winger that cuts in or a clever attacking mid rather than Austin, who would just stick to the box. That said, might still be more effective.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The only reason I see for Austin is preparing for next season.

Signing a striker who isn't exactly mobile and will be 30 before the start of next season would be a shockingly bad way to prepare IMO. We need to be signing young players who's career trajectory is on the way up rather then down. It's about time we learned that lesson after the last few years.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Preparing in what way?, in your opinion?

Simply giving us options for next year (presuming this isn't a loan).

Not saying he's the striker id go for  though.