January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

5 min video of his "talents", looks pretty interesting and exactly the type of player we want, however as we all know, "best of" vids can be deceiving.

looks like a right unit, which may be exactly what we need, assuming he's half as good as he looks in that vid.

A quick check of his who scored suggests he is in fact a unit, good in the air, likes to carry the ball out from the back but not fantastic passing the ball.

I'd say that goes together quite well with the clip to paint a decent picture.

Now the whoscored data is all before Nuno took over, and he hasn't really played for 18  months. Parts of his game may have developed or been strong/poor due to previous managers styles.

If he has the physical attributes though as it looks he does I'd be confident Smith can improve the on the ball side of his game.

After buying the Hause, we only need to sign the following players to have a right good squad:

Mark De Man - KHO Bierbeek

Danger Fourpence - Kiglon Bird FC

Bernt Haas - retired, maybe we could employ him as a coach?

and my personal favourite to sign:

Nortei Nortey - Dover Athletic FC (i would literally buy this guy for Villa just to hear "Nortei Nortey missed that chance", or "oh my what a miss Nortei Nortey")

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that would leave us exposed defensively, in my opinion, we need a midfield powerhouse to play instead of Hourihane, God knows who

I think John and his magic arse would fill that defensive role well.

Whelan, McGinn and Grealish as a midfield three is strong enough to get to the play-offs I think. Plenty of issues elsewhere though.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

I think John and his magic arse would fill that defensive role well.

Whelan, McGinn and Grealish as a midfield three is strong enough to get to the play-offs I think. Plenty of issues elsewhere though.

Whelan won’t be able to play week in week out until the end of the season, we need a general

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Is it just me or has that bloke's account just disappeared today? I know his account is locked, but I was following it before he did that.

Since sending that tweet, it does appear to have gone.