Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Does he do any **** work on what do do without the ball??

Opposition players pick the ball up their own half and run forward about 40 yards every **** time, we just stand their watching and admiring 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Failure to win at Sheffield and questions will have to start to be raised. 

There's lots of work to do. At the end of the day I started the season thinking that 17th is the goal and we're on course for that. But I'm genuinely not confident we will stay up and that's because the spine of the team is weak from central defence to centre forward, it's just really weak.

A pt at Sheffield would be fine. 

Showing his inexperience to me, yes Leicester are a better team, but that second half showed he had no idea how to change a game. Not sure what the thinking of giving him a  4 year contract was, but although I like him as a person and Villa man, not sure he is gonna make it. Will Edens and co be happy for us to sit in the relegation places after 150 million of there money spent, not so sure.

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think it’s a combination of issues which has lead to us to this position. The failure to address us bottling leads is a major one. We also look like we are light years away in terms of fitness with some of the teams we have come up against. 

Is anyone really surprised by that, though? 

We're newly promoted, shed loads of new players, lacking attacking options... 

We've got a lot of work to do to get where our fans think we should be. Patience and understanding is required. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Failure to win at Sheffield and questions will have to start to be raised. 

There's lots of work to do. At the end of the day I started the season thinking that 17th is the goal and we're on course for that. But I'm genuinely not confident we will stay up and that's because the spine of the team is weak from central defence to centre forward, it's just really weak.

We will get trounced at Bramall lane

We cant even track midfield runners, when the Sheffield centre halves come bombing forward (lets face they won't need to mark Wesley) we are going to be all over the shop

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I hope a lot of groundwork is being done for a striker in January. We DESPERATELY need more options up top if we’re going to survive.

Would you trust pitarch to deliver a top striker, after this mess  ?

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Showing his inexperience to me, yes Leicester are a better team, but that second half showed he had no idea how to change a game. Not sure what the thinking of giving him a  4 year contract was, but although I like him as a person and Villa man, not sure he is gonna make it. Will Edens and co be happy for us to sit in the relegation places after 150 million of there money spent, not so sure.

How does he change it with the players at his disposal?

Just now, lexicon said:

Is anyone really surprised by that, though? 

We're newly promoted, shed loads of new players, lacking attacking options... 

We've got a lot of work to do to get where our fans think we should be. Patience and understanding is required. 

I think it’s a case of it’s not really improving either which is the problem. It’s ok identifying the fault but nothing different is being tried. 

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Gonna keep it simple this time.

Simply not convinced that Smith is tactically a good enough manager at this league. I'm fine with his scouting, but that's pretty much the only aspect of his game I'm happy with.

Who did he scout that you are happy with ?

Let's face it we got dicked by a team that's won 8 in a row and have already stuffed a team 9-0 away from home.  Did we cover ourselves in glory?  No, and we lost our heads, our shape was all over the place when Dean made the kind of sub that people have been crying out for this season.  Ultimately I think we will stay up if we play like we did against Newcastle against that kind of opposition.  I don't see any reason not to believe that.  We haven't actually played that many 'poorer' teams at home and we have a good record against them.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

Does he do any **** work on what do do without the ball??

Opposition players pick the ball up their own half and run forward about 40 yards every **** time, we just stand their watching and admiring 

This is the most glaring weakness in the coaching set up. We are abysmal off the ball, we look slow and brainless. Leicester look super fit and hunt in packs. We have to improve this side of our game.

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

How does he change it with the players at his disposal?

What part did he play in the recruitment ? Wasn't he suppose to change it then. If he's sitting back and having his belly tickled by Pitarch and Purslow then what's the point.

Â