Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Admitted I did, but after beating Everton and Man U, I thought he may carry on from where we left off and increased my expectations, which I am entitled to do. Beating man U was a game changer, although I thought, then in typical Smith style he brings us back down to earth with 3 straight defeats after 2 great wins standard.

Everyone is entitled to change their expectations. But to change them based on just 2 wins, to the point it now makes you angry, seems odd to me. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I see a midtable team with ups and downs. A team that with 55 pts would usually have easily finished top half. I see a team trying to change the way they've played and are waiting for their big money summer signings to get up to speed or actually be able to play a game.

I see a team that gives the ball away top easily and still makes too many defensive errors at the back. 

Overall I see a club on the up and with or without Dean, a club with solid foundations to continue to build upon.

Fair Play.

I'll help you get  " Grand Master" status, if it kills me.😀

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I see a midtable team with ups and downs. A team that with 55 pts would usually have easily finished top half. I see a team trying to change the way they've played and are waiting for their big money summer signings to get up to speed or actually be able to play a game.

I see a team that gives the ball away top easily and still makes too many defensive errors at the back. 

Overall I see a club on the up and with or without Dean, a club with solid foundations to continue to build upon.

Actually agree with you here!

But the rest points to a undisciplined squad making the same errors since the day Smith came in.

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Admitted I did, but after beating Everton and Man U, I thought he may carry on from where we left off and increased my expectations, which I am entitled to do. Beating man U was a game changer, although I thought, then in typical Smith style he brings us back down to earth with 3 straight defeats after 2 great wins standard.

Certainly entitled to do but flawed.  In the cold light of day, assessing it you thought midtable but then emotion got hold of you following those wins.  When it came back to midtable as you had assessed you were disappointed.  Isn’t that on you than Smith?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Certainly entitled to do but flawed.  In the cold light of day, assessing it you thought midtable but then emotion got hold of you following those wins.  When it came back to midtable as you had assessed you were disappointed.  Isn’t that on you than Smith?

I've said the same since the day we played our first prem match. The unrealistic expectations of a small selection of fans is not Dean Smith's issue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I've said the same since the day we played our first prem match. The unrealistic expectations of a small selection of fans is not Dean Smith's issue. 

It’s just hard to reconcile for me when a lot on here predicted midtable for this season but they are now disappointed our expectations aren’t higher and are complaining our team/squad has traits of midtable teams and why isn’t Smith doing better…it’s bonkers.  

Smith has had three bad loses, he needs to fix it, it’s his responsibility…nothing more.  Some fans high expectations are on them and not Smiths issue.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Jesus some of you could play in our midfield, I'd have no worries about you running flat out for 90 minutes, you lads are showing some serious stamina to keep this debate up for as long as you are. 

This made me laugh,  you can come and go for a few hours and the same debate continues !!

20 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Jesus some of you could play in our midfield, I'd have no worries about you running flat out for 90 minutes, you lads are showing some serious stamina to keep this debate up for as long as you are. 

lol its good to watch though. Dean will show an halloween horror show on sunday and win 3-0 remember that.

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

If he isn't feeling pressure he isn't the right man for the job.

To elaborate....The greatest pressure should come from within. Pressure from upstairs is secondary if you have high standards.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, nick76 said:

but right now, we are 4 points short of midtable?...maybe when we get back to midtable a few jets will be calmed.

Those back to back wins are naturally going to raise hopes.....but 3 sets of back to back wins since the run of 4 last season, brings us back down to earth.

so what do we want now?.....exactly what you said, for Dean and his players to turn it around.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ashley Preece reporting that 6 villa players all dishing out rollickings to each other, during the Arsenal defeat.....Dean needs to get on top of that.

Where is that Tro? I had a look on his Twitter feed but couldn’t see anything. I’ve probably scrolled past it! 🤦🏻‍♂️

As far as Dean getting on top of it, it’s a difficult subject and depends on the context as well as the dynamic of the group I think. Some managers/coaches like players to do this, some don’t. If this is not the sort of thing Dean encourages then I agree it needs to be quashed, but I know he has said in interviews before that he likes his coaching staff and his players to challenge him, so he seems all about empowering people. It’s always difficult to properly assess when we only know snippets of information . I will wait to read before I give my opinion properly on it…..

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ashley Preece reporting that 6 villa players all dishing out rollickings to each other, during the Arsenal defeat.....Dean needs to get on top of that.

He also reported that Grealish was staying 

• Haha 1

Â