Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Somehow I don't think he'll be leaving on his own accord chap!

Yeah I’m not disagreeing there’s going to be a time that we outgrow Dean but I find it hard to believe it would be this summer 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Villa fans aren't fickle eh? The lads from brum don't whine more than others?

From midtable championship, to promotion, to league cup final, to survival, to midtable PL in THREE years. While doing a complete rebuild and playing proper good free flowing football.

But no. A few losses and talk of sacking. And that's why this club never gets to where it should be.

Mate, it's just a handful on here. Most aren't that delusional. There were some brilliant posts on here not long back, both getting massive amount of likes. 

It's just the same crowd shout loud whenever we lose a game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

No, I think it's fair to criticise. It's the calls about him maybe needing to be replaced. 

Why?

It's AVFC not Smith FC.

Fans are entitled to be Smith out if that's how they feel. Who are you to judge? 

We support the club not one individual. 

I'm not one who want to sack for the sake of it. The right manager needs to be available, and to be honest i can't see a clear candidate to take over at this point.

Maybe someone like Pochettino will become available in the future but as of now i don't see a reason to get rid of the man, but at the same time i won't judge any fans opinion, however different they are to mine.

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Outside of the Manchester sides this year, every team in the PL is inconsistent for patches of the season. The league’s far too competitive for a fm/fifa type season from every team (especially for a non big 6 team) 

not to say that Dean’s above criticism, like after the game today but no team in any league has the right to not be inconsistent.  

That’s just not true. The only 2 teams who have been as inconsistent as us in the second half of the season will be enjoying the championship next season. 

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

You can't keep going on about the last decade, it's getting boring now. 

Leeds spent 16 years out the Prem including dropping off to League 1 for a couple of seasons, similarly with Wolves and Leicester. Hasn't stopped them achieving great things at this level.

What “great things” have Wolves and Leeds achieved?

• Thanks 1

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Leeds spent 16 years out the Prem including dropping off to League 1 for a couple of seasons, similarly with Wolves and Leicester. Hasn't stopped them achieving great things at this level.

I can actually. It's how you keep perspective. 

Leeds have achieved great things? What the 10th place trophy?

So play who in midfield MM, Sansom injured, Marvellous and Barkley i would suggest have had enough chances.

As i said, if we still have the same options in midfield next season then i think we have reasons to complain, in Oli and Jack we have 2/3rds of the attack sorted, we need better balance , more speed, more aggression, better quality in CM

Just now, villalad21 said:

Why?

It's AVFC not Smith FC.

Fans are entitled to be Smith out if that's how they feel. Who are you to judge? 

We support the club not one individual. 

I'm not one who want to sack for the sake of it. The right manager needs to be available, and to be honest i can't see a clear candidate to take over at this point.

Maybe someone like Pochettino will become available in the future but as of now i don't see a reason to get rid of the man, but at the same time i won't judge any fans opinion, however different they are to mine.

People can say what they want and I can respond how I choose. 

I think it's laughable to talk about replacing him. I mean you wanted him gone 2 months into the job. And you've been proved wrong about literally everything ever since. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

From almost being wound up by HMRC as an institution to Premier League security in under 3 years. 

Amazing what short-term memory some have. 

Again, nobody is saying you cannot criticise, as we all do, the hyperbole is just trite. 

So true. Once again there are valid criticisms.

Ramsay playing that long. The way we stepped off after going ahead twice. Absolutely valid. 

But the same handful of posters just go crazy and can't control their emotions. They've been so against the man, the state of where we've come from just gets ignored.

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wolves are 3 points behind us.

Its embarrassing that wolves could even finish above us now as we were so far ahead of them at one point 

But yeah nunos shit 

This isn’t even true. Wolves are 4 points below us unless you were counting a game as a draw which was 10 minutes old.

They need to turn this game around otherwise they’re going to have to beat both Everton and United to finish above us.

Wolves finished 24 points ahead of us last season.

It does feel like O’Leary knew what he was talking about with a lot of Villa fans. 

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Agreed, but be wary, some will struggle with this and assume you mean you think he SHOULD be the England manager.

Yeah but definitely no one wants him gone. Definitely not.

Haha, yep. Never gets said on here. 

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yep and we won't have that excuse much longer either. Pretty sure Purslow said by end of 3rd season in prem we can be very competitive on wages we offer with lower top half teams so eventually the expectation is we'll need to be mimimum top 8 team with what the ownership has pumped in last two years and will continue this summer given by DS comments in the week.

• Like 1

Just now, tom_avfc said:

This isn’t even true. Wolves are 4 points below us unless you were counting a game as a draw which was 10 minutes old.

They need to turn this game around otherwise they’re going to have to beat both Everton and United to finish above us.

Wolves finished 24 points ahead of us last season.

It does feel like O’Leary knew what he was talking about with a lot of Villa fans. 

Bingo.

How many points did arsenal and Everton have on us last year?

We're catching them. But because there are dips along the way, some have to lose their shit.

I said it in the Barry thread, there's just no patience at the moment. It's crazy.

I don't care about Nuno. Think he is an overrated coach and play a horrible brand of football.

Owners need to be smart about this.

Wait till someone like Pochettino becomes available and do not wait with approaching him.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Yep and we won't have that excuse much longer either. Pretty sure Purslow said by end of 3rd season in prem we can be very competitive on wages we offer with lower top half teams so eventually the expectation is we'll need to be mimimum top 8 team with what the ownership has pumped in last two years and will continue this summer given by DS comments in the week.

And so it should. No one is saying we should accept midtable for ever. But to start saying we should be fed up with it right now is just embarrassing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

What “great things” have Wolves and Leeds achieved?

Two top 7 finishes in a row and europa league QF (losing to eventual winners Sevilla) isn't too bad and they should've played in FA cup final in 2019 aswell but for messing us last 20 minutes v Watford.

Clear regression from them this season so time will tell if they've learnt the lessons, already a leak they'll be targeting more British players in the summer so could be likely they'll go after same targets as us like Dwight McNeil.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Mate, it's just a handful on here. Most aren't that delusional. There were some brilliant posts on here not long back, both getting massive amount of likes

It's just the same crowd shout loud whenever we lose a game. 

Probably when we were on that winning streak you can't keep going on about. We are losing now, opinions change, like they did with Ranieri. That winning stat from January someone quoted is shocking to say the least!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Probably not. Grealish looks miles from being fit. Fair play to Dean for giving him a chance to showcase before the Euros but he is probably not going to be the answer for our remaining fixtures. 

I agree Grealish is miles off being match fit and he is being played in the vain hope that somehow he will make the difference. I doubt we will get any more points this season and I would much rather Smith tried something different for the last couple of games namely different tactics and formations. We seem to have a Plan A and nothing else.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Probably when we were on that winning streak you can't keep going on about. We are losing now, opinions change, like they did with Ranieri. That winning stat from January someone quoted is shocking to say the least!!

Haha it was a couple of weeks ago, don't try and convince yourself differently. Because most fans have some perspective and don't stamp their feet like spoilt kids. 

Â