Dean Smith

Demitri_C

You could see how excited he was about the prospect of taking the job in that interview a couple of days ago. Dean really wanted the job and that's a very good start.

He's one of our own and he has served his apprenticeship at Brentford and Walsall. Others may have been in the frame but he's our man and will have our 110% support. Good luck Dean it's a big job but you know that and you're up for it.

Oh Deno, Who-oh-oh Deno....:flag:

Edited by John
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I think some are just fearful without realising there is no basis for this mentality as there are no indicators to suggest what will happen just yet.

Conjuring up efforts to draw parallels between the two is an exercise in pessimism and ignores a myriad of difference between them and their circumstances, while focusing on the worst commonalities the two share, for the sake of confirming whatever doubts they have given birth to.

Based on absolutely nothing but the possibility that things don't go well.

Excellently put. I'm really excited by this appointment. Just watching how brentford tear us apart each year. If he has playing like that, I will be delighted.

Defensively though thats the area we are in trouble so hopefully between him and terry we can get that sorted out

Good appointment .......Wonder if Terry was given the assistant job before the manager was appointed. 

Anyway time to stop throwing away goals and games. Will take some time to get us playing to our potential and to get some new players in,  central defense. 

I have to admit that I was a bit worried about Smith before but somehow this feels like the right move. We have a good squad of professionals now and arguably our best player has a lot in common with the manager, with his style of play favouring him too. Exciting times ahead. 

• Like 1

I feel like the owners have scrapped promotion this season with this appointment. And I don't mean that in a negative way.

Having looked at it they've seen the monumental mistakes we've consistently made over the years due to a lack of a plan or philosophy, and have chosen to build something that may take a season or two to achieve. I applaud that. In a perfect world they would have been here from the moment we went down.

It feels really sensible. Not something we're familiar with. The added sprinkle of JT I think is a master stroke.

Let's see what he can do. Go on Deano.

I too went to bed early! I’m delighted with the appointments - it’s progressive yet effective for the championship and reflects that the board has been listening to the fans. 

It’ll give me goosebumps to sing ‘one of our own’ when he comes out at VP against Swansea. He’s living the dream AND he actually cares about the football his players play. I can’t **** wait. 

I’m  interested to see how the three men work together but, if they can click, god, we’re onto something here. 

Welcome home Dean. 

Reasonably happy about this, especially with Terry on-board (just having his presence in the dressing room will be huge, shame he at to go and retire... we need him in defence). I think a lot of the names being thrown around were maybe more exotic but we need to remember we're playing in the Championship, not exactly the Champions League. Anything as got to be an improvement over the way Bruce had the team playing so far this season. 

10 minutes ago, tinker said:

Good appointment .......Wonder if Terry was given the assistant job before the manager was appointed. 

Anyway time to stop throwing away goals and games. Will take some time to get us playing to our potential and to get some new players in,  central defense. 

Terry officially retiring a few days ago points in that direction I think...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Didn't realise lambert  was a villa fan and loves the club? I really don't get one some keep saying this.  Smith is nothing like lambert 

I think Wilder a better comparison than Lambert

• Like 1

Â