Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Dean looks like he's just snorted a pound of cocaine. He will love being back in the Premier League. I hope he keeps them up.

Edited by maqroll

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Thought first fixture for him, basically a free hit this one.

He learnt starting Vardy is basically pointless at this stage at least.

Leicester miles better second half so if they take that onto Wolves they might win that.

• Like 1

I could have told him Vardy was finished from watching his last couple of starts. Leicester managers need to just play Iheanacho; I know he's frustrating and he does miss chances but he's the only striker who's fit and in any kind of form so just concentrate on getting him going in the remaining games. They're absolute garbage as a team but they do have some winnable games left, and if he can get 3 wins and a draw they'll at least be in with a chance. 

• Like 1

I can imagine them persevering with Vardy, Shakespeare has a good relationship with him from his previous spell there and Smith was reluctant to keep Pukki out of the team at Norwich when he's clearly past his best.

On 15/04/2023 at 10:41, Tomaszk said:

Ha, Deano made you look a right mug.

Sorry you didn't think he'd be a success and he was a preposterous success.

Not at all. I'm a nobody on an internet forum in the grand scheme of it. 🤣 I was delighted with all the good Smith did with us and the moments he created. I'm an Aston Villa supporter - I express my opinions which contain praise and criticism, I try to be balanced - not malicious or bitter. And If I'm proven wrong (which I have been) I'm delighted if it benefits the club.

12 hours ago, djdabush said:

I can imagine them persevering with Vardy, Shakespeare has a good relationship with him from his previous spell there and Smith was reluctant to keep Pukki out of the team at Norwich when he's clearly past his best.

It would be a huge mistake if he did. Great player he was but he is not that player season. 

They really should finish above Everton and Forest with the resources they have 

12 hours ago, djdabush said:

Pure and simple they go down if they do that.

Iheanacho will be upfront v Wolves.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, maqroll said:

Dean looks like he's just snorted a pound of cocaine. He will love being back in the Premier League. I hope he keeps them up.

How long can they keep hold of him though? Would he be tempted if the likes of Manchester City come calling???

• Confused 2

On 15/04/2023 at 18:38, maqroll said:

I'd have advised Dean to wait until Monday to take over.

That's it though isn't it, do you go straight in for the Man City match and risk losing that fabled "new manager bounce" in your toughest possible first game but get more time with the squad and perhaps learn a few things, or do you do what another former manager of ours would've done and say "sorry I've already got tickets for the Aintree festival, see you next week lads."

Deano isn't one to shy away from a challenge.

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think he’s probably overwhelmingly surprised at how quickly the players have picked up on his direction and how well that’s translating out on to the pitch. I mean I’m sure he backed himself to come in and be successful but I doubt even he thought he could turn it around this much, this soon.

I really hope he falls in love with us, imagine if we still have him as Manager in a decades time and what could be achieved.

I think it reflects very well on Dean Smith and the kinds of players he brought in. Eight of our starters on Saturday were Smith signings, and one of the others was McGinn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayEm said:

I think it reflects very well on Dean Smith and the kinds of players he brought in. Eight of our starters on Saturday were Smith signings, and one of the others was McGinn.

Seems mad when you think about it.

So happy for Deano today. I think the experience of his Villa reign may just give him an edge in helping Leicester to avoid the drop. Norwich just never felt like the right fit, but if he manages to achieve the objective of saving Leicester's season, then hopefully they reciprocate by giving him the opportunity to prove he has what it takes to be a Premier league manager. What Aston Villa fan wouldn't be happy to see that?

Edited by sheepyvillian

On 21/04/2023 at 18:34, jayEm said:

If you listen to a lot of Brentford fans they still hold him in high esteem for the foundations he helped cement in making Brentford the team they are today. 

He was actually the man who interviewed Thomas Frank for the Brentford B team job and gave the green light to appoint him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

So happy for Deano today. I think the experience of his Villa reign may just give him an edge in helping Leicester to avoid the drop. Norwich just never felt like the right fit, but if he manages to achieve the objective of saving Leicester's season, then hopefully they reciprocate by giving him the opportunity to prove he has what it takes to be a Premier league manager. What Aston Villa fan wouldn't be happy to see that?

Think they'll go all in for Potter.

As I said last week there's still plenty to play for DS. He wins another 3 games and keeps Leicester up and suddenly that would be 4 in 8 games so he should then be a viable option for someone like Crystal Palace, that would actually be a decent fit imo given the crop of young players they have and style they wanted to implement under Vieria. 

• Like 1

Â