Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Very interesting if that is true. New manager must be all but done if that's the case as Shakespeare would be obvious caretaker for Brighton game.

Given some of the rubbish they've got us playing I'd want McPhee and Danks nowhere near caretaker capacity tbh if it has to come to that.

They were 70% of the problem, which is they they are gone. But your right, new manager and coaches probably about sorted. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

We've sacked Dean Smith. 

Sorry to stray off-off-topic, but that 'we' doesn't sit right with me anymore. NSWE have just shifted into 'they' territory. Disgusting decision. 

• Like 2

I think this a bad decision. I'm.sure he'd have turned it around. I'm mostly sad though because through Dean we had a connection to our grand old club. He was one of us. The connection between fans and their clubs is growing further apart, due to the growth of the game, and the last 3 years have been the inverse of that for us. Hopefully we'll get a very good replacement.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Randy, Xia, NSWE, there's no comparision

I have faith, an Purslow being a footballing man too.

Oh christ yes, not making comparisons with the other clowns we've had in charge.

Deanos Villa was the best atmosphere around the club I've seen in years, gonna be a tough job to keep that going

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KB_Villan said:

Gutted, not that I don't think he didn't have his faults, but pre season really screwed Dean over, Jack leaving, COVID issues, friendlies being cancelled, how many players missed out on proper pre season and are only now just starting to look fit. Bailey/Buendia still haven't completed 90 mins.

Midfield also needed a revamp in the summer. That can't just be on Smith. 

We would have been desperate to be where we are right now when Bruce was in charge.

Good luck Dean, you lived the dream. thanks for everything!

International duty too.. Yeah I think Dean got screwed over a bit with everything that has happened. He wasn’t without his own faults but I still think Dean should’ve been given more time considering what you mentioned but there is no patience in sports unfortunately and Dean suffered as a result of a lot of bad luck. 

I wish him the best in whatever the future holds from him.

Very disappointed with this one of our own and all that but we’ve been weak this calendar year. For me the most concerning was the passing. Against Chelsea we played brilliantly although we lost and that’s how we should have been playing in most games. 

Thanks for the memories Dean especially the improvements to Jack, The wins against the big 6 the ten in a row.

all the best in the future gaffer. 

Â