Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

I think both things can be true that he's been desperately unlucky as well as underperformed. I kind of roll my eyes whenever I see someone say "don't tell me about injuries/covid" as if they haven't genuinely hampered us quite significantly, they aren't even excuses just important context.

Regardless, terribly sad to say but I feel like the writing is on the wall a bit for Deano. Love him and all he's done for the club but it really does feel like things are plummeting quickly here and in that case at any club it's normally the manager that pays for it first.

Next Friday’s game against Soton is now very important. Could be the end of the road for Deano but who do we get in?

• Like 1

Let’s think about this logically:

1) We lost our best player for the last 20 years

2) £100m doesn’t touch the sides when it comes to replacing a player like Grealish

3) The PL is rigged in favour of the media’s preferred clubs and as much as we bitch and moan, we aren’t one of those clubs and never will be - we aren’t in London or the North West.

4) Who can we attract that is better than Dean - no-one.

The best shot we have is to stick with Dean, bring through the kids and accept that we are a mid table premiership team and the game is rigged so we have to stay there.

Unfortunately the closest teams like us are allowed to get to the big time is being proud that we developed the players that go on to win the CL with Man City, Chelsea and Newcastle next. 

Modern football is f**ked!

• Like 1

Be very surprised if he's still in charge by Wednesday, can't see the owners being to impressed with the start this season. The players look divided to. Massive shame, Deano took us from mid table in the championship to the prem and kept us here and really comes across as a bloody great bloke. 

Very sad that the road we've travelled seems to be coming to an end. Best manager we've had in decades. More for the club than MON (who set us back years). 

Thanks mate. Might be best to part ways. 

Think the loss of O'Kelly was huge. 

Just now, alex7783 said:

2) £100m doesn’t touch the sides when it comes to replacing a player like Grealish

3) The PL is rigged in favour of the media’s preferred clubs and as much as we bitch and moan, we aren’t one of those clubs and never will be - we aren’t in London or the North West.

The best shot we have is to stick with Dean, bring through the kids and accept that we are a mid table premiership team and the game is rigged so we have to stay there.

Unfortunately the closest teams like us are allowed to get to the big time is being proud that we developed the players that go on to win the CL with Man City, Chelsea and Newcastle next. 

I think you’re downplaying us as a club. We could get a pretty big name to the club IMO. Not saying that’s the answer but there’s a lot going for us. 

Just now, alex7783 said:

There's a difference though between what we did last season, top half for majority and then slipped back to 11th but still lots of hope and just stuck in bottom 6 all season as we're creeping into now.

16th certainly isn't mid table however it's spun and we will be lower if we lose on Friday going into middle of November.

I could live with inconsistant results if we were 11th or 12th and not far off 7th-8th but that is rapidly becoming a pipe dream with every defeat.

Last 10 minutes of Wolves game ended DS time here I'm afraid. If we'd just played out the 2-0 then he'd have probably seen out this season no problem.

Modern football is decided on those margins. Let's not forget he'd have probably been sacked but for covid which was a once in a lifetime event.

• Like 2

Â