Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Christ, watching Hitzlsperger’s goals again. They are hit so hard they could be used as weapons of war. 
‘Der Hammer’. Spot on.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Christ, watching Hitzlsperger’s goals again. They are hit so hard they could be used as weapons of war. 
‘Der Hammer’. Spot on.

8 goals in 99 games and got disposessed often. One of the biggest overhyped Villa players in memory

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

Also some people have been saying we need a big name manager if we want to advance to the next level yet Carlo has walked out of Everton and Jose has been let go at Spurs.  All while our little Deano continues to progress, already signed Buendia and Young with more targets in mind.  Other clubs can have their big name, I'll keep Dean if it was my choice.

Deano has put good people around him and has continued to develop as a PL manager. We may get to the day where a change is required, but wouldn’t underestimate him.

• Like 3

Seeing the managerial scramble, desperation appointments etc, actually make me happy we are settled.

I think this genuinely gives us an opportunity to leapfrog a couple this season.

Obviously early days, but I feel Everton and Tottenham at least, will be there for the taking.

Do Wolves have a manager yet btw?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

8 goals in 99 games and got disposessed often. One of the biggest overhyped Villa players in memory

He was a central midfielder not a striker... 

McGinn is currently 12 in 105, Barry was 41 in 365 and he took penalties 

He was a youngster for most of his games with us too, he was a decent player and consider a fan favourite rather than a world beater 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He left Villa at 23 and was the main man in a Stuttgart team that won the league and won over 50 caps for Germany and played in the Euro 2008 final

We replaced him with Eirik Bakke

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

He definitely only scored 8 in 99 and was overhyped. What part is wrong?

I was being slightly facetious given my name....

However, being overhyped. I mean, he wasn't our greatest ever player but I don't remember people being so down on him. He was a young footballer who scored important goals. Not forgetting the edge of the area rocket against the scum. 

3 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I was being slightly facetious given my name....

However, being overhyped. I mean, he wasn't our greatest ever player but I don't remember people being so down on him. He was a young footballer who scored important goals. Not forgetting the edge of the area rocket against the scum. 

There's a big difference between fans liking him and fans hyping him 

Shouting shoot as he took a corner wasn't because we thought he was world class

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

There's a big difference between fans liking him and fans hyping him 

Shouting shoot as he took a corner wasn't because we thought he was world class

Eggzakly. He was a decent little German sort who gave me some nice memories. 

I met him also outside VP one day with Jack Woodward. My GF at the time was working for Villa radio so we got introduced that way. He had all the time in the world for me. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Half Brummie half German accent was weird and possibly a crime against humanity. That said I've had a few German girlfriends

I've got a German wife who said "yeah sound mate" the other day so I'm not one to talk 

Â