Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Kalvin Phillips's performances at the Euros are another good vindication of Dean Smith's eye for talent. Shame we didn't manage to get that deal over the line. Smith has an impressive hit rate on English talent - I'm guessing Targett, Konsa, Watkins, Cash were all his picks.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2021 at 23:57, HKP90 said:

Christ, watching Hitzlsperger’s goals again. They are hit so hard they could be used as weapons of war. 
‘Der Hammer’. Spot on.

I feel kind of bad watching his goals. He was one of my favourite players. Coming over as young as he was I was rooting for him, but knowing now he didn’t feel being open about his sexual orientation was really an option... it's just saddening. Not surprised at all, as footy has a way to go on that bit, but still feels shite.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I feel kind of bad watching his goals. He was one of my favourite players. Coming over as young as he was I was rooting for him, but knowing now he didn’t feel being open about his sexual orientation was really an option... it's just saddening. Not surprised at all, as footy has a way to go on that bit, but still feels shite.

I know what you mean - it is sad. When he first came over his girlfriend was studying over at Birmingham Uni, so I wonder if she knowingly was a beard and just a great friend of his or was also a bit of victim in all of this. 

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Its interesting that the bookies have him as favourite to be the next England manager. Only slight favourite. But I wonder where that comes from.

Hatred of Villa…

17 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Its interesting that the bookies have him as favourite to be the next England manager. Only slight favourite. But I wonder where that comes from.

Probably becuase he's the best performing English manager at the moment.

On 02/07/2021 at 03:46, turvontour said:

It's not the bookies ... it is the punters!

Bookies don't care, so long as you are placing the bets.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

Â