Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Absolutely. But dreaming is one thing. The owners demanding it and sacking him if he doesn't achieve it is very different. 

I don't think it'll be that harsh , I think we have a longterm goal of competing every season for honours and euro places and next years target will be set. I don't think Deano will get the chop if we are near but I'd think they would seriously consider it if we stagnate or God forbid go backwards.

I am a realist normally DC but I just have this gut feeling about us, I think we are on the cusp of a great period in our history

• Like 1

Smith will have a real challenge, he’ll need to use he’s trying to build properly. We might hopefully get ESR, Sarr and Alvares (plus a defender). How will he use them? How will he rotate? When will he sub? He’ll need to manage them properly and not losing the dressing room. It’s not like dealing with Elmo or Taylor. Nor even Davis or Engels.

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

OMG imagine what Deano would have done to that German team today, complete obliteration. 

On a serious note it would have been ugly for Germany if England played with Dean Smith's pre covid outbreak at Villa tactics.

Edited by Sulberto21

33 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

On a serious note it would have been ugly for Germany if England played with Dean Smith's pre covid outbreak at Villa tactics.

If Deano was manager, we could have had seven Villa starters for England today.

Jack

Watkins

the back four

and

Ross Barkley

troll GIF

• Haha 1

Imagine if Grealish wins euros and Emi wins the Copa (beating Brazil in final with Doug on the bench).

Brilliant for our status and attracting more quality players but little bit more pressure on Dean then as clubs with key players for best international teams in world football aren't usually found scrambling around 10th or 11th in league tables, usually fighting for top 4 and in cup finals.

Looking forward to the next two years for us. Going to be fun.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Imagine if Grealish wins euros and Emi wins the Copa (beating Brazil in final with Doug on the bench).

This has been my dream… I’d be fine with Doug winning the Copa as well though. 

Dean Smith has now been at Villa for 2.5 years, making him the 6th longest serving Premier League manager.

Dyche - 8.5 yrs

Klopp - 5.5 yrs

Guardiola - 5 yrs

Farke (Norwich) - 4 yrs

Bielsa - 3 yrs

Dean Smith - 2.5 yrs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Dean Smith has now been at Villa for 2.5 years, making him the 6th longest serving Premier League manager.

Dyche - 8.5 yrs

Klopp - 5.5 yrs

Guardiola - 5 yrs

Farke (Norwich) - 4 yrs

Bielsa - 3 yrs

Dean Smith - 2.5 yrs

And Farke and Bielsa have both spent time out of the PL more recently. Quickly become one of the experienced old heads ol' Deano

2 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

And Farke and Bielsa have both spent time out of the PL more recently. Quickly become one of the experienced old heads ol' Deano

Also some people have been saying we need a big name manager if we want to advance to the next level yet Carlo has walked out of Everton and Jose has been let go at Spurs.  All while our little Deano continues to progress, already signed Buendia and Young with more targets in mind.  Other clubs can have their big name, I'll keep Dean if it was my choice.

• Like 4

Â