Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Who is the guy in claret? Doesn’t look like Young or Hause… maybe the vids too blurry to tell.

Definitely Ashley young. You can tell because he's hanging around with kids the same age as him

Dont let all this EURO 2020 bollox distract you from the fact we are going top 6 this season. 

This is the season to judge Smith because he's getting the players to play the system he wants. There's a clear pattern in the players we are signing or looking to sign (Smith Rowe) and it all is aimed at supporting Watkins with a high press that make us like Liverpool on steroids. 

The thing is these players aren’t just workhorses, they are top quality technical players who can outrun and outwork the majority of premier league sides – basically as rare as rocking horse shit. Usually at 20+ mill or so you get one or the other i.e. Traore...there just aren’t that many players with that skillset but it seems the analytics team ae trying to pick them up wherever they may be.

I got to say if they manage somehow to get ESR from Arsenal we will be frightening next season.

Quotes:

Buendia (From premier league season)

“But most underrated about the Argentinian is his defensive contribution and pressing of the ball. Buendia is absolutely relentless when it comes to pressing the ball, both high up the pitch and in his own half when in support of right-back Max Aarons. Buendia is pressing the ball on average nearly 30 TIMES A GAME, which is unheard of for a player with such creativity and dribbling ability. Of those near on 30 pressures a game, he is regaining the ball over 4.5 times a game which is the most for any attacking midfielder in the league”

Sanson (standing out in a team renowned playing a high press "team of dogs")

Pressing is another strength of Sanson’s. He effected 29.8 pressures per 90 with a success rate 0f 27.8 percent. To provide some context, this is more than his midfield teammates Valentin Rongier, Maxime Lopez, Boubacar Kamara 

Smith Rowe (last season example – but dig out any game and its the same).

The work rate that Mikel Arteta picked up on has also been exceptional. At the time he was substituted against West Brom Smith Rowe had covered more distance (10.1km) than any other Arsenal player, as per Premier League tracking data. The 20-year-old had also made the most high-intensity sprints (13) and managed the highest average speed (7.71km/h) in the match.

Watkins (obvious but digging out a quote anyway).

As far as Premier League forwards go only Sadio Mane has won more duels than Watkins this season, and there's no waiting around for the ball to drop - he has covered more distance and made more sprints than any Villa player.

As i say, all my hopes are on Smith Rowe as a final piece. I'd doubt Arsenal would be stupid enough to sell, but its Arsenal so you never know.

• Like 4

Has Smith given some of the lads extra time off? There seems to be a lot of players missing from the pics who weren't on international duty.

Wesley, Hourihane, Traore, Trezeguet, Sanson from what I can see? I'm expecting Trezeguet is out injured and Hourihane might be off but you'd still think he'd be training and I can't think of a reason for the other lads not being there.

Also only Ramsey, Chuk and Sinisalo from the academy seems odd, I was hoping more of the youngsters would be there for pre season 

16 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Has Smith given some of the lads extra time off? There seems to be a lot of players missing from the pics who weren't on international duty.

Wesley, Hourihane, Traore, Trezeguet, Sanson from what I can see? I'm expecting Trezeguet is out injured and Hourihane might be off but you'd still think he'd be training and I can't think of a reason for the other lads not being there.

Also only Ramsey, Chuk and Sinisalo from the academy seems odd, I was hoping more of the youngsters would be there for pre season 

It's worth considering that they just haven't got around to posting pictures of everyone yet.

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

traore, trez, and sanson are all injured/recovering from operations

conor played some internationals i believe after the season ended so probably had another week or so off?

wesley, unsure...

maybe they want to focus their attentions on smaller groups than get the whole rabble in doing bleep tests

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Trezeguet is definitely recovering from his injury and nowhere near a return to training.

Traore has just had a small op and Sanson was injured towards the end of the season so maybe given a little extra time to come back.

Surprised by Hourihane though, unless he’s finalising a move somewhere soon? 

Just a guess about Wesley is that he may be self isolating if returning from Brazil. 

22 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Definitely Ashley young. You can tell because he's hanging around with kids the same age as him

I think he's trying to get on the bosses good side, like Darryl Strawberry was with Mr Burns.

4 hours ago, skarroki said:

Wesley, Trez, Sanson and Traore all have probably been given extra time off as I imagine they had to do a lot of extra work in their rehab processes. Although I suspect Traore can't do much training for another week or so. 

Not sure about Hourihane. But we haven't had that many photos released I don't think 

To think we have 4 players in the squads of the teams in the final of the copa America and Euros (emi, Luiz, mings, grealish)

Who would have put any money on that when deano first joined us 1000 days ago!?!

• Like 2

Â