Dean Smith

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, without Grealish we have zero penetration and are so predictable.

Hourihane is damn terrible, i really dislike that guy.

El Ghazi/Adomah and friends just......no idea what to say tbh.

Tammy missed a sitter again?

Horihane isn't terrible. He is the only one that delivers a good ball .

The problem is down the sides. Hutton Taylor Adomah and El Ghazi are awful 

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Horihane isn't terrible. He is the only one that delivers a good ball .

The problem is down the sides. Hutton Taylor Adomah and El Ghazi are awful 

delivering a "good ball" and going missing for the other 89 minutes and 55 seconds, does not make a good player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

This is how manager's play when they are feeling the pressure. See Bruce. Lambert, Mcleish.

That the worry.

He brings on Jedinak when we desperately need the win, drawing is useless at this stage.

He's actually scared to lose to Reading. Too much of a coward to go for it throwing Kodjia and Davies up there together with Abraham

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Isn't that precisely what the guy at Leeds did ?- I wasn't aware they had a big turnover of players in the summer......

Maybe he had a pre season to work with them and a lot of good young players? Leeds game is all about energy. We couldnt play that way with the players we have no matter how much we try.  You reckon Bielsa could get these players playing like Leeds?

Anyway Im not defending Smith. I’m just saying he should be given more time before being written off. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The kids on here will continue to moan until then I’m afraid. 

That he hasn’t had a preseason or summer window doesn’t make him immune to all criticism.

Comes across as “better fan” nonsense.

• Like 2

No good saying he needs a preseason. Next season there will be no Grealish, Abraham or Mcginn. He needs to be going for it now, or there might even be no Smith.

He was brought is as an attacking coach, where has the football gone, playing safe mi thinks.

• Like 1

From what I’ve seen of Smith, he’s an idealist not a pragmatist. He shapes his squad to his ideal rather than shaping his tatics to the squad. The evidence was there prior to signing him. Therefore you back him over a summer and a preseason, which is what I think the club will do. 

We’ll see a large turnover of players in the summer, he’ll work on his ideal, work on the conditioning, drill the system. Then we’ll see whether he can make the step up from a club like Brentford, like he did from Walsall before them. We’re hoping he can follow the trajectory. He may well fall short. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
Typo
  • Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe he had a pre season to work with them and a lot of good young players? Leeds game is all about energy. We couldnt play that way with the players we have no matter how much we try.  You reckon Bielsa could get these players playing like Leeds?

Anyway Im not defending Smith. I’m just saying he should be given more time before being written off. 

I don't know enough about the leeds players - it was more the general approach of bringing in a top manager.

Smith most likley will get more time and start next season. I can't say I am hopeful though - as I have said before though, dont forget those who choose the manager had Henry in the frame - so the grass isn't always greener.

Honestly, and in a genuine way, i would just love to sit down with Smith and ask him whats going on, would love to know his true thoughts.

Obviously he must see what we see, but also he must see whats going on within the club, that we also dont see.

Whether his logic is correct or flawed, there must be reasons he is picking who he is picking,, and reasons we are playing like we are currently.

I mean i have my own opinions, but as i say, would love to discuss it with DS, and try to understand his thought processes.

I get the feeling two of the bigger issues might be 1) Grealish is critical to our style of play, and 2) some players just arent trying as the know they are out at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Honestly, and i I n a genuine way, i would just love to sit down with Smith and ask him whats going on, would love to know his true thoughts.

Obviously he must see what we see, but also he must see whats going on within the club, that we also dont see.

Whether his logic is correct or flawed, there must be reasons he is picking who he is picking,, and reasons we are playing like we are currently.

I mean i have my own opinions, but as i say, would love to discuss it with DS, and try to understand his thought processes.

I get the feeling two of the bigger issues might be 1) Grealish is critical to our style of play, and 2) some players just arent trying as the know they are out at the end of the season.

sometimes you can get to close to something that you miss the obvious - not just in football - but anything. 

personally I wonder if the whole set up is ok - Susso, Terry, Purslow ....

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i know injuries have played a huge part, but he has barely ever tried to replaced Grealish with another similar style of player, in fact he has persisted with Thor or Whelan. Appreciate Lansbury has been injured, too soon for Callum and Green got a cameo and then his legs broke like sugar candy. 

I just thing he has focused on sorting the defence and to that end at least today was an improvement although i am sure better teams will murder us.

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

i know injuries have played a huge part, but he has barely ever tried to replaced Grealish with another similar style of player, in fact he has persisted with Thor or Whelan. Appreciate Lansbury has been injured, too soon for Callum and Green got a cameo and then his legs broke like sugar candy. 

I just thing he has focused on sorting the defence and to that end at least today was an improvement although i am sure better teams will murder us.

he did - last week v ipswich he played Mcginn in the "no 10 role"

38 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Pathetic subs once again.

Smith, drawing is useless. Just take a risk and throw kodjia, Davies and Abraham forward and just go for it. The reward is huge but today you were a coward.

Yeah, you idiot smith. Throw all the forwards on. This always worked when lambert and bruce were desperate enough to do it. 

God i hate him

• Like 2

Â