Dean Smith

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

everyone I know is saying the same thing. we should of got brendan rogers

if we don't beat sheffield next week the fans will turn.

and watch them lose 10k off the gate at the same time.

well done wes edens and silent egyptian. great businessmen you are. I'll be seeing you both down the launderette.

Dean Smith has been left with some very poor players and I will only start to judge him when he has had a pre-season and a chance to get rid of the dead wood like Whelan, Hutton and Jedinak.  He has also lost two of his best players in Axel and Jack,  As for everyone wanting Brendan Rogers, there is a reason that Liverpool sacked him.. Yes he has done well at Celtic, but if Scott Sinclair can rip the league apart it says something about the quality of opposition.

• Like 2

For the avoidance of any strawmen: I like Smith and I don’t want him sacked.

However this doesn’t make him immune to criticism. I have been very disappointed with him lately 2 wins in 10 is really not good enough regardless of whether he’s had a preseason or summer transfer window, whatever you think of our players they are better than that. Also seems to be repeating the same tactics and lineups and, shock, getting the same results.

Today was poor against a very poor side. Perhaps he made a rod for his own back with the excellent performances, largely, from Bolton to West Brom but we seem to have regressed at a startling rate. Yes we are missing Jack but if this is all down to the absence of one player next season isn’t going to be much fun.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fazilla said:

Dean Smith has been left with some very poor players and I will only start to judge him when he has had a pre-season and a chance to get rid of the dead wood like Whelan, Hutton and Jedinak.  He has also lost two of his best players in Axel and Jack,  As for everyone wanting Brendan Rogers, there is a reason that Liverpool sacked him.. Yes he has done well at Celtic, but if Scott Sinclair can rip the league apart it says something about the quality of opposition.

Very poor players for HIS style of football. 

Remember, most of these players comfortably finished top six last season and, without bottling tactics, would have had a good chance of getting us up. 

We need to give Smith time but, he also needs to address issues on the field. Leaving Kodjia out for a way out of form Adomah makes no sense at all. Waiting until the 74th minute to make changes against a shit team that's made all their changes also makes no sense. 

Smith needs time but he also needs to make sense! 

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I see the trolls are out in force tonight ... I swear some of our supposed supporters are only happy when they are tearing into other fans or the team and with a high level of passive aggressive sarcasm .... Some posters on here obviously know better than the paid professionals but have chosen to enlighten us with their vast and superior football knowledge on forums rather than work in the game . We should feel blessed they care to share this insight with the rest of us .... 

This is the classic, happy clapper stock response.

Please think of something else to write when you disagree. You’re boring, mate. 

• Haha 1

Considering we have no good wingers, dreadful fullbacks, and not much in central midfield (without Grealish) I think Smith is doing about as well as he can right now. I think we’ll be a completely different team next season when Smith has had a summer transfer window.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I think the players are shit. I think smith has been shit at managing the shit players. I would like to believe that smith will be able to manage his choice of player better. Which is why I think he needs the summer. 

Does that make me a happy clapper?

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the players are shit. I think smith has been shit at managing the shit players. I would like to believe that smith will be able to manage his choice of player better. Which is why I think he needs the summer. 

Does that make me a happy clapper?

That's all well and good as long as he can manage replacing Grealish, Abraham and - hopefully not - McGinn. 

He needs virtually a whole first eleven to get us as challengers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

That's all well and good as long as he can manage replacing Grealish, Abraham and - hopefully not - McGinn. 

He needs virtually a whole first eleven to get us as challengers. 

It’s a tough ask to be fair.  We’ll need to reinvest all of the money from the Grealish sale. McGinn I think we’ll hold on too.

Could take a couple of seasons. 

37 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I see the trolls are out in force tonight ... I swear some of our supposed supporters are only happy when they are tearing into other fans or the team and with a high level of passive aggressive sarcasm .... Some posters on here obviously know better than the paid professionals but have chosen to enlighten us with their vast and superior football knowledge on forums rather than work in the game . We should feel blessed they care to share this insight with the rest of us .... 

So... Many... Full stops... 

Difference of opinion doesn't turn someone into a troll. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

So... Many... Full stops... 

Difference of opinion doesn't turn someone into a troll. 

Sorry bad habit of mine ....... difference if opinion is fine .... spouting blatant crap for effect will be called out . 

Edited by thabucks

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a tough ask to be fair.  We’ll need to reinvest all of the money from the Grealish sale. McGinn I think we’ll hold on too.

Could take a couple of seasons. 

Don’t agree, I think the in the Championship, you don’t need to build on the squad season by season as you would attempting to win the Premier League. I think with clever purchases to build a balanced squad, a intense preseason and with a positive start you can gain promotion. Furthermore, I don’t think financial clout is the determinate factor here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I bow to your surpreme football knowledge which I cannot compete with . I won’t bore you anymore .

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Smith may turn out to be a shit manager. But how can we judge him from managing this shit. Let him at least bring in his own shit first.

Most of the squad made it into the playoff final last season.

Calling them "shit" 1 season after i find ridicilous.

Under the right system and tactics this squad work very well in this league.

23 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Don’t agree, I think the in the Championship, you don’t need to build on the squad season by season as you would attempting to win the Premier League. I think with clever purchases to build a balanced squad, a intense preseason and with a positive start you can gain promotion. Furthermore, I don’t think financial clout is the determinate factor here. 

Exactly, Cardiff went up with a tiny budget having not spent much. They weren’t pretty,  but they played well as a team and tried to win every game - the amount of late goals they scored testament to their determination.  

Â