Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Then if we paid near 100 million for 4 Championship players and they flopped, people be moaning Suso couldnt find some cheaper European bargains like he did at Atletico

Well, yeah. Doesn't matter where he signs the players, if they flop he failed and he deserves the criticism. That said, cheap European bargains from some minor leagues are more likely to flop than established 20mil+ championship players who know the English game. Suso risked it anyway and he has arguably failed, therefore he deserves the criticism.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Suso also brought in Konsa who cant get a game here, as for the rest only Maupay has been sold and has been average at best. His goals record is not that better than Wesley who has been injured for nearly 3 months

Suso has helped oversee 2 teams to win La Liga titles that arent Real Madrid and Barcelona

Konsa cant get a game here? He has only recently been dropped. He has a played a lot of games for us.

Maupay has been better than wesley. Benrama is being quited at 20m and Watkins even more. Brentfird have one of the best models in the country.

If suso was so great at those two clubs why is he still now there? Your really over hyping him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Maupay has been shite. Had a decent start but been truly awful for months. 

The way people go on you would think he is on 20 goals this season and firing Brighton to safety.

Him and Wesley have same amount of league goals in 2020, Wesley has played about an hour of the year 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Maupay has been shite. Had a decent start but been truly awful for months. 

Even if brightin went down he wilm scire a significant amount of goals ti bring them up. I dont think wesley would. Samatta i do though 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Even if brightin went down he wilm scire a significant amount of goals ti bring them up. I dont think wesley would. Samatta i do though 

spacer.png

• Haha 4

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-news-suso-coronavirus-17935324

Aston Villa fans think the writing is on the wall for Jesus Garcia Pitarch after the club released a statement distancing themselves from comments made by the sporting director.

Pitarch - also known as Suso - conducted a rare interview with Spanish media this week about the potential impact the coronavirus could have on the Premier League.

In the interview, with newspaper Cope, he claimed there is a consensus among top-flight clubs that no sides will be relegated this season - and that the remaining fixtures are unlikely to be played.

He said: “If the peak of the coronavirus is to occur in May, no one thinks of a competition in which players, coaches, health personnel of the club will continue to appear every day, there are clubs that do not see an option that the competition possibly resumes on June 30.

"The most reasonable solution if the League has to be stopped is that there are no relegations. There is a certain unanimity that there should be no relegations."

Villa this evening released a short statement in response to Pitarch’s comments, distancing themselves from what he said.
It said: "The views attributed to Mr Garcia Pitarch in the Spanish media are not those of Aston Villa. Now is not the time to be speculating about future arrangements for Premier League football this season."

Pitarch's position at the club is thought to be at risk having been the man behind much of Villa's expensive recruitment across two windows this season.

On 15/03/2020 at 16:03, Zatman said:

Just don't see it with Maupay, he is an average Paul Dickov. Brighton go down I can't see any top flight team paying big money for him

He hasn’t really scored that many goals after a good start, so in that respect I’d agree. I just think Maupay would have brought energy to the frontline when it was lacking before January. Samatta has definitely improved us in that area. 

• Like 1

yeah id use samatta as a stick to beat him with not maupay, when you spout "we should have signed x instead of Wesley" then samatta looks as good as anyone else

that's an inner circle story that I would like to know, maybe we only spotted him in the CL

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Making comments on things so sensitive are never wise....it could put the clubs position at risk.In the current climate with his signings, saying nothing on this would have been the sensible option.

17 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Well, yeah. Doesn't matter where he signs the players, if they flop he failed and he deserves the criticism. That said, cheap European bargains from some minor leagues are more likely to flop than established 20mil+ championship players who know the English game. Suso risked it anyway and he has arguably failed, therefore he deserves the criticism.

I would suggest a flop is a flop but the likely hood is you pay double for a British flop. Either way it’s a £100m’s worth of flops. 

To be clear on my position, I don’t believe any of them are flops. Yet.

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Konsa cant get a game here? He has only recently been dropped. He has a played a lot of games for us.

Maupay has been better than wesley. Benrama is being quited at 20m and Watkins even more. Brentfird have one of the best models in the country.

If suso was so great at those two clubs why is he still now there? Your really over hyping him. 

That is bang on.

8 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

He hasn’t really scored that many goals after a good start, so in that respect I’d agree. I just think Maupay would have brought energy to the frontline when it was lacking before January. Samatta has definitely improved us in that area. 

Energy yes, aggression and intensity as well, a player like him would of seriously given some defenders a second to wonder if it's worth annoying him. We have lacked what Maupay could of brought with him, Wesley was a cuddly teddy bear compared to him, not to mention Maupay gets around alot and always shows he wants to win, he doesn't give up or back down.

You look at Brightons players now though, they do feed off his energy and they even join in with mocking the players and fans as Maupay does when he scores, he has had a positive effect despite not scoring so many.

• Like 1

Just now, Dave-R said:

Energy yes, aggression and intensity as well, a player like him would of seriously given some defenders a second to wonder if it's worth annoying him. We have lacked what Maupay could of brought with him, Wesley was a cuddly teddy bear compared to him, not to mention Maupay gets around alot and always shows he wants to win, he doesn't give up or back down.

You look at Brightons players now though, they do feed off his energy and they even join in with mocking the players and fans as Maupay does when he scores, he has had a positive effect despite not scoring so many.

He has scored 1 goal in 10 games and Brighton havent won since 2019. So his "positive" effect when he isnt scoring isnt really doing much

Â