Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

On 11/03/2020 at 08:25, Danny_Villaman84 said:

I think these possible Scenario;- 3 of these cause this happen.

Smith was original want Phillips and Heaton, Rico Henry, Konsa, Maupay. only get 2 of these to buy Konsa and Heaton. As Smith know these will fit to his system and his players will fit well.

Suso refuse these cos these no re-values cos no profits as they want go european player type as potential big values return that all ie Marvellous and Luiz, Wesley, Hassan, Engels.

Other part reason is club hold the court and rise price as they know they will buy them so they force to price out of their price range to get profit to buy better players for themselves as championship fund to buy players is diffcult and FFP is make they worst hard move to buy players.

That make Suso refuse suggest these player, Smith need good fund transfer after stay up is better approach player to move there and Christian back Suso and Smith will to try this method to make more money if we stay up, as group work together.

I was suspect that Targett was panic buy i think cos first choice J.Justin decide move to Leicester over us, second choice Rico injury for 3 - 6 months out (i think) and they force to buy Targett as he is potential good player in turn he is not ready, but make worst is his price head is high expectation on him.

if we go get Phillips he will help us stay up better that luis and marvellous as he is ball winner and very good passer will help build from start to finish. Phillips and McGinn, Grealish in Centre will strong as top 10.

Other reason we not good this season cos we not got enough winger, El Ghazi not good enough and Hassan is unknown. we should have go to Bowen and Reach, Lolley, and more players was list i cant remember all of these indeed they go for 2 right foot winger and unknow to english leagues.

Drinkwater is worst decide for me, when there was better optional that him.

About right all that, I have thought many times that suso screwed it all up and didn't bring in what was needed or what Smith wanted.

We just don't know though, but whoever F'd it up with the signings needs to be gone, especially if we survive.

I never understood us signing Wesley for 22 mill, all while Brentford asked for 20 mill for Maupay, Maupay had it all that we needed and he shows his intensity and aggression on the pitch in games which we still really lack.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

About right all that, I have thought many times that suso screwed it all up and didn't bring in what was needed or what Smith wanted.

We just don't know though, but whoever F'd it up with the signings needs to be gone, especially if we survive.

I never understood us signing Wesley for 22 mill, all while Brentford asked for 20 mill for Maupay, Maupay had it all that we needed and he shows his intensity and aggression on the pitch in games which we still really lack.

yeah I was huge expect Maupay move, Smith want him and Maupay want move, Smith happy with 20 millions as mutual support to Brentford. 

That somehow they (suso? christian?) refused buy Maupay that buy wesley which unknown more that Maupay and Wesley play for us and show not fit Smith system.

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

yeah I was huge expect Maupay move, Smith want him and Maupay want move, Smith happy with 20 millions as mutual support to Brentford to aid them fund better as mutual respect to his former club so he also want Konsa as he is was big future for Centre half, He was wanted second choice for Right Centre half after Axel, again Axel decide to stay man utd, therefore Smith is lost 1st choice so he thought Konsa could job,

I think Suso (and Smith as he go scout watch Engels) get Engels for replacement Axel be fair he is come brilliant partner with Mings that Smith mistake to drop him to play Hause and Konsa, Mings as 3 back when Engels injury which Hause and Konsa not ready for premiership in my opinions. I can see Hause and Konsa good partner as both made for each other as 2nd choice partner so easy swap and performance well - cup match is proves it is was right move until 3 back make both players is more worse that early cup partner which they was good form.

That somehow they (suso? christian?) refused buy Maupay that buy wesley which unknown more that Maupay and Wesley play for us and show not fit Smith system, he is not only one... Phillips (smith keen want him as he is seem like BIG fans as he liked see what he player and performance when he against villa, and he know he is his system) problem were expensive so they refuse so they move to Marvellous which same mistake as Wesley, so Maupay for Wesley plus Phillips for Marvellous.

That is what rise me suspect over this, Also Smith looking like he try not talk much about Maupay Solution, as he didn't give a clearly answer just say price is expensive and try get over it quick and move to other topic before he go on about this further, his body language seem like he is not happy with this as he seem like really want him play for smith again - All he is can say less to this. 

for me Suso should blame for this transfer deal as his job is D.O.F. not Smith transfer as Smith all is he say yes and no, if he say no but who Suso was other offered to him? Maybe Wesley is better optional through Video? Scout Report?

So Smith might go ahead as we just lost to Abraham as he decide sign contract with Chelsea as Smith was expect him move to Aston Villa that second choice Maupay (they Suso and Christian might see he is not value return or somehow they say not to him) he don't idea who else he want after 2 strikers who was his player to fit his system. Smith seem like clueless when to buy who are unknown player to him, I notice that he like players who he see and against, and system style he will know better. Ie Phillips and Konsa, Maupay and Jota (Jota is his worse player his sign but get brilliant deal, I think Jota should play Centre - But Attack Roles rather box to box roles rather right winger - he is good right winger but problem is slow and premiership is too fast for him play in winger)

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
accident press post early - edit to refinish this

On 11/03/2020 at 09:25, Danny_Villaman84 said:

I think these possible Scenario;- 3 of these cause this happen.

Smith was original want Phillips and Heaton, Rico Henry, Konsa, Maupay. only get 2 of these to buy Konsa and Heaton. As Smith know these will fit to his system and his players will fit well.

Suso refuse these cos these no re-values cos no profits as they want go european player type as potential big values return that all ie Marvellous and Luiz, Wesley, Hassan, Engels.

Other part reason is club hold the court and rise price as they know they will buy them so they force to price out of their price range to get profit to buy better players for themselves as championship fund to buy players is diffcult and FFP is make they worst hard move to buy players.

That make Suso refuse suggest these player, Smith need good fund transfer after stay up is better approach player to move there and Christian back Suso and Smith will to try this method to make more money if we stay up, as group work together.

I was suspect that Targett was panic buy i think cos first choice J.Justin decide move to Leicester over us, second choice Rico injury for 3 - 6 months out (i think) and they force to buy Targett as he is potential good player in turn he is not ready, but make worst is his price head is high expectation on him.

if we go get Phillips he will help us stay up better that luis and marvellous as he is ball winner and very good passer will help build from start to finish. Phillips and McGinn, Grealish in Centre will strong as top 10.

Other reason we not good this season cos we not got enough winger, El Ghazi not good enough and Hassan is unknown. we should have go to Bowen and Reach, Lolley, and more players was list i cant remember all of these indeed they go for 2 right foot winger and unknow to english leagues.

Drinkwater is worst decide for me, when there was better optional that him.

I struggle to see how Heaton would fit his system when Smith wants to play out from the back.

The problem is transfer windows are such scrum it’s difficult to know exactly what happens, there are so many complications.

One thing I will say about Suso, he had to plan for Championship and Premier League. As the 3rd place promotion team we were the last to know our status and also the least attractive prospect to potential targets. We had the most amount of business to do due to ageing squad/loans/ends of contract in an inflated market. He got 90% of our business done very early, much earlier than most, so we had a decent preseason, and I think the prices we paid even now seem good value in a rising market.

In January, he also did more business than any other PL team, and I think he did ok.

Now not every transfer works, so his odds on failure will be more notable due to sheer volume of players. And for players to prosper they need the correct coaching, introduction and integration, no of which is down to him. Dean signed off every player, they didn’t close any deal without his blessing.

Hindsight is great, but I genuinely think that no one is a dud, Jota looks just short PL ability but again he’s hardly had a chance in a pretty changeable set up. And I know Wesley is marmite, but his goal return, in a team that doesn’t really feed our forwards, is good, certainly good for a 22 y.o. and better than other teams big money summer striker targets. But successfully integrating 12 young players into a super competitive league where even the manager hadn’t experienced before, is a challenge for everyone.

Just remember Suso’s brief in the biggest, most competitive market of all: 12 players minimum, average of £10m and low wages, under 25y.o. and ability to add value, must have “the right personality” I.e. Dean and Purslow has to meet them and ensure they were not disruptive. I think he did ok.

Final word on Maupay: I think this was a deal that was meant to happen but agents inflated the price/wages. I think we held out for ages but also had another option which failed to materialise on deadline day. Yes in hindsight perhaps we should have paid the money but the cost of a player is the transfer fee plus agents fee, plus wages amortised over the length of the deal. I have read wages (high) and agents fee (I have read £6-8m) was the sticking point. Brighton needed him more and didn’t need as many players, they swallowed hard and paid the money (same with Bowen to West Ham, another mad deal).

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Sorry but maupay is a far better and effective player than wesley.

Wesley just reminds me of a weak heskey.  Maupay has alot good attributes. Also he scores a lot if goals championship level so had we ginw down with him j think he woukd have scored loads

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I struggle to see how Heaton would fit his system when Smith wants to play out from the back.

Who else available goalkeeper can play sweeper and play out from the back? there not a lots really. I think he, Smith was original want Neil Etheridge - again same problem as Phillips and Maupay, Cardiff hold him for more money, in end so Villa move to who very good goalkeeper who "can" trained pass and first touch as it is more easy trained so Heaton is brought as he is 2/3rd choice after Pope as he want first choice and want play regular Burnley happy to let him go with fair reasonable price, and respect his wish.

There a go Long post; what I Remember, who Smith was really want, and they take too long move or players want stay parent club (loan)

• Goalkeeper; Matt Etheridge 

(Cardiff) - they hold him to 12-15 millions, Even Etheridge want left to rejoin Smith, Smith want him join.

Result: Go Heaton Indeed - Due price expensive due they hold the court, so Heaton is cheap and he is being very good performance for us and did well smith system, in time he will become very good goalkeeper for us until he got injury against his old club.

Counter Result: we go buy Reina after his injury.

• Defender; - Centre - Mings

(Bournemouth) - they hold him very high Ransom price when he is not regular and prefer him left back he is should around 10-15 millions in end we pay 20 millions plus for him, Smith like him as his loan was great success. Mings want come there, Fan want him come there, Smith want him come there, Christian want him come.

Results: We "Force" to buy him with Ransom.

• Defender; - Centre - Axel

(Man Utd) Axel decide to stay man utd to try first choice, and Ole persuade him to stay, in turn Axel should join us for reasonable price - 15 to 20 millions

Result: Go buy Engels, as latest he is cheap to replace Axel as Axel wanted Stay Man Utd, so Engels is did brilliant for us until his injury and got not fair to drop after he back to injury. he is fit Smith system, in matter fact he is far better that Konsa and Hause, maybe mings his pass is very good and keep simple, but not good whiles he play back 3.

• Defender; - Centre - Konsa

(Brentford) Sold him reasonable, Smith want him for back up Axel as he is big future centre half, he is good all-round yet not ready for Premiership and he will become very good when his peak come, Smith know him, Brentford happy sell him reasonable as he is not first choice. Smith know he can operate as Right Back if need (3rd choice RB)

Result: Reasonable Price to buy him - Good price be fair on this

• Defender; - Centre Hause 

(Wolves) Smith reward him after good performance while on loan, and he is good left foot centre half, Smith see him 2nd choice after Mings and partner Konsa in cup as both is good potential so set both early so will become potential very good centre half pair after Axel and Mings. Smith know he can operate as Left Back if need (3rd Choice LB)

Result: We got him after loan again very good reasonable as wolves not play him first choice so happy let him go for good price - or they accept cheap cos loan-to-buy fee.

• Defender; - Left - J.Justin & Rico Henry 

(Luton) J.Justin was set up move to Aston Villa but in end he want move to Liecester even play as 2nd choice, seem like he become ready replacement for Chidwell as he is future star, and Chidwell will left leicester for big club with big money move so Justin is prefect cheap and good replacement be fair on Leicester. 

(Brentford) Rico Henry we was in him, Smith know him and fit the system and Smith wanted him and find problem is his injury which out of 3-6 months so Smith and Christian was want find player who want play right now as we were got no left back.

Result: - Panic buy Targett as he is potential good player but we don't got left back and it is right late buy, that why we accept him with ransom price as he is not first choice southampton, we got no choice force to go head. 

• Defender; Right - ??? Possible F.Gulibert 

I Think he was Smith original plan playing for us last season, I think 2 clubs mutual agreement let him cheap if they play him french league until end of season, Smith happy with this deal as we got Hutton and Elmo.

Result: move to us with reasonable price and he perform very good on his good day and got few bad day - due lack of experience which understandable when he speed up to used this level he will become very good player, i can see PSG will come for him in few years.

I Think we will come in other right back to replacement Elmo also find first choice right back with Gulibert fight for first place XI.

• Centre Midfield - K.Phillips

(Leeds) Smith was huge fan of him and Leeds want keep him, Phillips got hard choice, like it is their "Grealish to us" as he support Leeds, he wanted stay and yet he happy to move to help fund leeds as leeds still struggle to buy. Leeds want him for 25 millions which i think very reasonable as he is big potential and i think he is BEST English defensive midfield with good offensive skill in current and I would happy him play for England even he is Championship Smith want him as all cost, even i would get him regard the price.

Result: we negotiate with them too long and we not got make move to good offer or we don't accept leeds deal 25 millions demands.

In end as last day we panic to buy Marvellous with Cheap or they was go for Luiz for replacement Phillips? or both?

I think it is wrong call to drop Phillips for Marvellous but Luiz is not bad players as we got buy back clause is very good profit if he did well so technical money save and worth to risk even Luiz is early day - i can see this logical move for Luiz but not Marvellous as he is unknown.

• Left Winger - Jota

We bought him of birmingham with cheap deal, Smith play him as Centre Attack Midfield and Smith know he can play Right Winger - Inside forward - he was brilliant player but slow... yet problem was not know to us was hernia injury he play through with this and affect the performance take a time. it is Smith player.

Result: brought him very reasonable yet very low price which could be best deal of season but in end nothing product only great understand with Gulibert but occassion he hold for himself when should pass to him overlap this Gulibert and Jota was Gulibert best play open right side to attack even he is very slow player. 

• Right Winger - El Ghazi

(Ajax) Smith reward him to move Aston Villa;he is Ideal for back up Left winger as Grealish would ideal for play Left Winger as first choice problem he is also choice centre attack midfield, we should go buy first choice. so El Ghazi is become first choice Left winger without back up (that hassan come in for) both is not good enough for premiership

Result: we bought him for Reasonable price as Loan-to-Buy.

• Forward - Abraham

(Chelsea) Smith want him, Pre-Lampard Chelsea was happy to sell him until Lampard come want him stay and play as first choice after he see him perform for us in championship, Smith would happy buy him as 20 millions as he is future English Striker, in matter he is best striker after Kane. 

Result: we move to other striker optional

• Forward - Maupay

(Brentford) I been explained about him, I Think smith possible want him 2nd choice after Abraham that in turn he won't move to Villa, he is also is 2nd choice become first front-line striker as smith system.

Result: We go Wesley 22 millions and he is not fit system I think he is panic buy after we try get hassle cheap for Maupay and in end refused so go Wesley as 3rd choice, and Wesley is poor player and not fit Smith system.

Counter Result: Samatta come in for Wesley as Wesley injury - he is did well and better that wesley in fit smith system problem is we don't sort winger problem last jan window transfer - that reason Samatta not got much goal, he will come good than wesley. Samatta is more time scout and research that wesley.

Our Winger optional is not great, that why we got lack creative in width, I wish we go bowen and good right foot winger who can finisher and feed forward.

add section about Samatta.
  • Like 4

I think we were always buying two forwards but only got one across the line. I think Wesley was always coming and wasn’t a panic buy. We did get him early in the window?

I think Wesley will come good, I am glad we have him.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I think we were always buying two forwards but only got one across the line. I think Wesley was always coming and wasn’t a panic buy. We did get him early in the window?

possible your right, as i didn't know full information background at villa, just that what way i see. 

your likely right was we go in for 2 forward, i was thought it was Maupay and Abraham in end we have wesley he is very unknown.

hope so wesley come be good for us in few year times as need time for play premiership but samatta possible take pole position as first choice striker so wesley can play behind samatta as ACM roles (shadow striker)

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Yep and as saw in January its not easy to acquire a striker. Wesley probably has a better goals to game ratio compared to other big money strikers like Haller, Maupay, Joelinton, Cutrone, Che Adams, Kean and McBurnie. 

• Like 1

I think Maupay would have had a significant positive effect on us as a team. We generally lack aggression and energy which he has in abundance. I don’t think him and Wesley were an either or and am hopeful that Wesley will eventually come good. 

As I say, we are very much a soft touch as a team, a player like Maupay would have solved that up front and Philips in the middle of the pitch the same. Loosing SJM has added to our problems. When and if the season restarts we should at least have a fit McGinn and hopefully he can come back to his best form quickly and kick some of the others up the rear end enough for us to stagger over the line. Then the inquest into the season and a proper look into all of the personnel involved can begin. 

• Like 1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-set-make-suso-17924521

Jesus Garcia Pitarch is set to leave Aston Villa, regardless of whether they escape relegation, according to reports.

The Villa sporting director has been with the club since 2018, when Dean Smith was appointed as Steve Bruce’s replacement.

He is the man behind much of Villa’s recruitment, which has been ramped up since their promotion last season.

In January, Suso helped bring in another four players, - with Pepe Reina, Danny Drinkwater, Mbwana Samatta and Borja Baston all signing.

Reports in the national press have suggested that Villa’s recent run, which has seen them lose five games in a row in all competitions, has put Smith and Suso’s position under threat.

It was claimed that a heavy defeat vs Chelsea, could have seen Smith’s job come under increased scrutiny.

It means Villa’s next game is scheduled to be vs Wolves on April 4 – although there are fears the suspension could go well into the summer.

The Athletic report that the break could act as a reprieve for Smith, but irrespective of whether Villa beat the drop, a change in the sporting director position could be made.

• Like 2

Â