Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some appalling purchases 

Yep. Dean changed the formation and brought Jack into the middle and we were still dire. Recruitment has been absolute crap, especially in the midfield. Trez, although give his best, wouldn’t make it into the top 6 in the championship. I’ll get crucified for saying this but Jack needs to go for his own career. We get £60-£80 mil, sack Jesus, and bring in someone that has a clue about English football. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

Jack needs to go for his own career. We get £60-£80 mil, sack Jesus, and bring in someone that has a clue about English football. 

If we go down, our bargaining position is massively weaker. He'll be taken off our hands for much less. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

If we go down, our bargaining position is massively weaker. He'll be taken off our hands for much less. 

Potentially, yes. But if Southgate takes his head out of the sand it may not matter what league we’re in. 

I said this in another thread but the model should have been to bring in at least two established PL players and not those who might work coming from overseas.

We should have moved heaven and earth to sign two players like Milner and Cahill.

Waiting a season for the likes of Trezeguet, Wesley and Luiz to come good was foolish and looks like costing us. It's actually farcical.

• Like 2

Ultimately DOF is only guided by what the owners want to do.

If they want majority of signings to be under 25 players with potentially decent sell on fees that's ultimately the type we'll scout and sign.

If they insisted we sign 3-4 experienced top level players we'd have signed them.

I personally don't think Suso should just be getting all the stick.

• Like 1

Done a great job for other teams. All well and good having players with potential, but if they are not able to help you in the here and now yet what's the point. We go down, and then they will all be off and no doubt doing well at other teams. Exactly the same as last time we were in the Prem with Gana, Veretout, Adama etc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, andym said:

Done a great job for other teams. All well and good having players with potential, but if they are not able to help you in the here and now yet what's the point. We go down, and then they will all be off and no doubt doing well at other teams. Exactly the same as last time we were in the Prem with Gana, Veretout, Adama etc

Yep, very similar mistakes. 

He gets a thumbs up from me for Targett, Mings and Samatta. The others clearly need time. The only signing I'd call out as a true dud is Trezeguet. How realistic is it to expect 6-8 signings who all land on their feet whilst having enough quality?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AV82 said:

He gets a thumbs up from me for Targett, Mings and Samatta. The others clearly need time. The only signing I'd call out as a true dud is Trezeguet. How realistic is it to expect 6-8 signings who all land on their feet whilst having enough quality?

Targett was diobolical yesterday and at his best has been bang average.

Trezeguet really is bad though.  Has no pace whatsoever and yesterday tried that schoolboy tactic of knocking the ball one way round a little kid and running the other side. 

He's so far out of his depth it's painful to watch. 

17 hours ago, Xela said:

Some appalling purchases 

It could be a cunning plan to make the £22m million spent on Wesley not look as bad. in the context of £15m for Luiz and £8.75m for Hassan Wesley doesn't look so over priced.

17 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Why did we bring this guy in? Did he do a good job elsewhere because he appears to be shite 

He did well at Atletico, but it hardly took a genius with an exceptional and in-depth knowledge of European football to go around the rest of Spain knicking the best players from other teams. 

It’d be like us going out and signing players like McNeil, Lundstram, Dubravka, and so on. 

17 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Said it in the other thread but not a single real hit from £150 million spent. It's really poor stuff. 

Agreed.

18 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Why did we bring this guy in? Did he do a good job elsewhere because he appears to be shite 

He practically built the Atletico team that won LaLiga and got to 2 Champions League finals. A La Liga with Valencia too

Them teams didn't call for his head after a year in charge 🙄

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He practically built the Atletico team that won LaLiga and got to 2 Champions League finals. A La Liga with Valencia too

Them teams didn't call for his head after a year in charge 🙄

The drama is for me the players we are bringing in do not fit the style of play the manager is "attempting" to play. Major disconnection between the boardroom and coaching staff!  

Â