Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

"its so darn simple"......yeah!!!

I said it in jest but you only have to look at the interviews he's given in last few months to see he very much approves of what we're doing with transfers so dare I say he's driving the strategy and appointing people to simply implement things.

My main concern is if we do a great escape we'll continue along the same lines even if we lose Grealish and will still be in a relegation battle next season aswell.

I think in his interview he referenced Liverpool's transfer success as something we want to emulate. That's all well and good but he needs to remember Liverpool have had some awful transfer windows signing such greats as Fabio Borini, Lazer Markovic and Alberto Moreno from their under 25 young and hungry policy.

Since Klopp has come in the strategy seems to have changed a bit in getting players who've had a few years in premier league like Van Dijk, Mane, Wjanaldjum and Shaqiri. Salah and Alisson had great seasons at Roma so again experienced at top level. With that majority of signings you can then add a Joe Gomez from Charlton and slowly integrate him into the team.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I said it in jest but you only have to look at the interviews he's given in last few months to see he very much approves of what we're doing with transfers so dare I say he's driving the strategy and appointing people to simply implement things.

My main concern is if we do a great escape we'll continue along the same lines even if we lose Grealish and will still be in a relegation battle next season aswell.

I think in his interview he referenced Liverpool's transfer success as something we want to emulate. That's all well and good but he needs to remember Liverpool have had some awful transfer windows signing such greats as Fabio Borini, Lazer Markovic and Alberto Moreno from their under 25 young and hungry policy.

Since Klopp has come in the strategy seems to have changed a bit in getting players who've had a few years in premier league like Van Dijk, Mane, Wjanaldjum and Shaqiri. Salah and Alisson had great seasons at Roma so again experienced at top level. With that majority of signings you can then add a Joe Gomez from Charlton and slowly integrate him into the team.

• well so far we have an owner who says transfers are " so Darn simple" and a Manager who says " I'm not really a results man"

well, I am well convinced that we have a bumpy future.....to the rest of the league, relax, we are going to be no threat.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

1 more league goal in 2020 than Wesley. Wesley played about 50 minutes this year and Maupay every game for Brighton 

He has been a sub more. Im pretty sure if wesley wasnt injured he still would have less. Not just goals but maupay has more to his game than wesley. Wes is so weak for a big man and was so ineffective in games

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yet i bet if brighton did go down maupay scores much more goals than wesley would in the championship 

if both villa and brighton go down maupay won't be playing in the championship next season. wesley will though. probably says it all

I wouldn't be so sure about that wouldn't surprise me if a team on the continent came in for Wesley, he'd shown a lot of promise before joining us and so he won't have lost his reputation just because of one difficult season in a new country with a struggling team, it's not even as if he's been that bad anyway. If we go down and Welsey does stay I can see him being amongst the leading scorers in the championship.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that wouldn't surprise me if a team on the continent came in for Wesley, he'd shown a lot of promise before joining us and so he won't have lost his reputation just because of one difficult season in a new country with a struggling team, it's not even as if he's been that bad anyway. If we go down and Welsey does stay I can see him being amongst the leading scorers in the championship.

In the January window if so. He won't be back playing regularly before October, if then.

Guess some club could do a Stewart Downing and sign him while injured, but I cant see it. The money we paid for him was way to much for most clubs in Europe to match. 

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Paddy Riley researched players. 

Suso asked agents who to sign.

Anyone could see Gueye and Veretout were incredibly good footballers.

Anyone can see Trez and Wes are incredibly bad footballers.

Sherwood really **** up the chance to setup a good base for us there.

are we back to guessing what suso actually does?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

are we back to guessing what suso actually does?

I'm even equally concerned if he watched them and thought they were worth the money paid. Must be a bad judge of player.

I don't think we'd get our money back for Wesley at the moment, we definitely over paid, went on a Club Brugge forum after we signed him and their fans had been expecting around £15m. But there's potential for him to improve and eventually become more valuable than what we paid, that's if he sticks aournd he and the club might decide to cut their losses in the summer or when ever he's fit and allow him to move on if that's what he wants.

This has been posted tons of times, and I certainly would not take an agents words as gospel, but there might be some truth behind it.

Pitarch connection helped Aston Villa raid the Belgian market in summer – Helped with three transfers

A trend that was quite interesting in all this was where some of these players were playing, or had played in their past: Belgium.

Both Nakamba and Wesley were signed from Club Brugge, while Björn Engels and Trezeguet had past through the Jupiler Pro League recently (Brugge (again) and Anderlecht respectively).

Before that, there was also Lovre Kalinić, who was signed from Gent, and Aston Villa have one man to thank in particular for all these transfers: Evert Maeschalck, who works for the SportPlus agency, and oversees the affair of Engels, among others.

Sport/Foot looked at this new Belgian influx in their weekly magazine, and reported that Aston Villa’s technical director, Jesús García Pitarch, first got in touch when he started taking an interest in the Belgian defender before his move to Reims.

Screenshot-2019-12-11-at-17.25.30-300x20Through that initial contact, Maeschalck helped the Spaniard discover the leagues in Belgium.

He explained: “At the time, many players at Aston Villa were nearing the end of their contract. The club were looking for replacements. We then explored the Belgian market”.

As well as eventually bringing Engels to Villa Park, Sport/Foot reveal Maeschalck also helped Aston Villa in their efforts to sign both Wesley and Nakamba.

He remains modest, however: “I just helped with the exchange of information and allowed the two clubs to get in touch”.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/pitarch-connection-helped-aston-villa-raid-belgian-market-summer-helped-three-transfers/

There is another article from February that claims we have been scouting Jonathan David at KAA Gent and I'd be absolutely ecstatic if we managed to sign him.

Pitarch isn't just someone who has contacts with agents, although that's part of the way he operates by his own admission, he also has his own scouts that work for him and by extension work for us, but we probably need to put our own system in place. Think he was probably just bought in because there wasn't much time for the owners to do much else when they first bought us with the season fast approaching and us having lost our scouting system, then when his signings helped us to get promoted he was kept on.

Whichever way you look at it, we're probably in a better place now even if we go down, than we would have been if we didn't come up last season, so no matter what you think of last summers recruitment overall Suso has helped to put us in a better place since his arrival. Still think he will move on in the summer though.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

But he would surely have only laid out what the owners wanted and it was then up to others to try to carry out his wishes.

I am interested to know who actually would have had the final say in the particular players we bought. 

And I cannot believe it would be Edens. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He has been a sub more. Im pretty sure if wesley wasnt injured he still would have less. Not just goals but maupay has more to his game than wesley. Wes is so weak for a big man and was so ineffective in games

9 starts out of 11 for Maupay in 2020, 2 goals

People on here big up Maupay as if he is some world class striker but he wouldn't even lace Gabby boots

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

9 starts out of 11 for Maupay in 2020, 2 goals

People on here big up Maupay as if he is some world class striker but he wouldn't even lace Gabby boots

Yeah but that goal vs arsenal could have been the goal that keeps them up. Worth every bit of the 20m if that happens.

Smith also went to the Africa Cup of Nations to watch Nakamba and Trezeguet before we signed them, he gets players suggested to him, but he has to agree to them as well.

• Like 1

The line spouted that they aren’t Smith’s signings when you think we signed, Heaton, Taggertt, Mings, Hause, Konsa, Engels, Jota, doesn’t really hold water does it? Yes Trezequet, Nakamba, Luiz and Wesley and Guilbert are Suso suggestions but for me it’s pretty clear Smith has more input than  people seem to think.. Plus he is used to working within a DOF setup. It’s his job then to get the most out of them and for he clearly isn’t. 

Â