Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

I think the villa view made a good point on their latest episode. 

The coaches have been badly let down by the recruitment. 

We started the season with a striking core of Wesley, Kodjia and Davis. I mean, what hope was there to be anything but relegation candidates from that point?

Its been said by others but its the main issue. Virtually every signing we made has been a miss. Not one summer signing that you could call a success. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

We started the season with a striking core of Wesley, Kodjia and Davis. I mean, what hope was there to be anything but relegation candidates from that point?

Its been said by others but its the main issue. Virtually every signing we made has been a miss. Not one summer signing that you could call a success. 

Heaton, Mings

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Heaton, Mings

Question marks over Mings for that price IMO. Getting pretty frustrating watching him scuff or overhit clearances week after week.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

It's incredibly clear it's the main issue.

People saying they're not worried about going down. I am if Suso stays. Big time.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

It's incredibly clear it's the main issue.

People saying they're not worried about going down. I am if Suso stays. Big time.

Anyone not worried about us going down is living in fantasy land.

From a financial and sporting standpoint is would be a disaster and our owners would have to bail us out once again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Jota was just a player swap wasn't he? Fine by me personally, even if he isn't good enough. 

Konsa I like. I actually would have preferred more young English players like this as opposed to the route we went. 

Wesley was and is shocking. As is Trez. Fact is that we spent around £ 30+ million on these two, to be a goalscoring threat in the PL. That's mental. I have no idea who thought that was a good idea, but they should be relieved of any scouting from now on. 

Wesley pound for pound is probably the worst signing I've seen this club make. Absolutely horrendous. That he actually got a symbolic national cap would be funny if it wasn't for the likelyhood it probably activated another clause in the purchase. 

I agree.

From what we payed for Wesley he is arguably one of the worst strikers i've ever seen in a Villa shirt.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I agree.

From what we payed for Wesley he is arguably one of the worst strikers i've ever seen in a Villa shirt.

Thing is he wasn't a good player who flopped at villa. There was nothing on his CV justify that sort of price tag.

• Thanks 1

We can all see we are missing a defensive midfield bruiser type player to galvanise the midfield. I’m sure they all sat down and decided what was needed and what type of players Smith wanted then Suso went out and did what he does. If the remit was set for a DM with certain characteristics and we got Luiz and Nakamba then is it Suso’s fault we didn’t buy a bruiser ? 

• Like 1

Just now, thabucks said:

We can all see we are missing a defensive midfield bruiser type player to galvanise the midfield. I’m sure they all sat down and decided what was needed and what type of players Smith wanted then Suso went out and did what he does. If the remit was set for a DM with certain characteristics and we got Luiz and Nakamba then is it Suso’s fault we didn’t buy a bruiser ? 

A bruiser would be if we intended to play in a style where we didn't intend to have possession. As in he would be useful now when we never have the ball.

But that's not the way we intended to play. What we needed was a playmaker in CM or/and a winger with the ability to keep the ball higher up the pitch and create stuff for the team and force the opponents on the back foot. 

Currently Grealish has to do all those roles in one and it's of course not working

35 minutes ago, sne said:

From a financial and sporting standpoint is would be a disaster and our owners would have to bail us out once again. 

We will have a strong championship squad with money from grealish and parachute payments. 

It won't be a disaster at all.

Just now, DCJonah said:

We will have a strong championship squad with money from grealish and parachute payments. 

It won't be a disaster at all.

The sale of Grealish and the parachute money will cover the losses.

If you think spending £150m and losing Grealish to stand still is not a disaster then sure. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

The sale of Grealish and the parachute money will cover the losses.

If you think spending £150m and losing Grealish to stand still is not a disaster then sure. 

We will be right up there challenging for promotion next year. That's not a disaster. 

Last time we were relegated was a disaster 

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I agree.

He isn't even the worst in the last 5 years 🙄

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We will be right up there challenging for promotion next year. That's not a disaster. 

Last time we were relegated was a disaster 

We will be right there challenging if we buy a couple of players to replace the ones who leave.

After having spent £270m on transfers in 4 seasons and having sold Grealish and Villa Park.

Each to their own but for me that would be a disaster.

After all this we would be in "a position to challenge for promotion" 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, sne said:

We will be right there challenging if we buy a couple of players to replace the ones who leave.

After having spent £270m on transfers in 4 seasons and having sold Grealish and Villa Park.

Each to their own but for me that would be a disaster.

After all this we would be in "a position to challenge for promotion" 

A disaster would have been if smith hadn't got us up last year. 

We're in a much better place. Its not ideal but we had to sign a lot of players and we will be in a good position next year if we go down. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

A disaster would have been if smith hadn't got us up last year. 

We're in a much better place. Its not ideal but we had to sign a lot of players and we will be in a good position next year if we go down. 

That would have been an even bigger disaster,  sure. 

Any relegation is disastrous.  Not getting promoted and getting relegated means you're still in the same position sort of. 

Re Wesley how many Villa players have scored in the Champions League and Europa League? He got injured at the wrong time.  He isn't a flop.

He has to go for sure. Whatever players he recommended out of the group that we signed, all have been relatively poor as a whole.

Combined with his views during lockdown that the club also had to distance itself from aswell just goes to show how poor of an appointment he has been. I hope he isn't still at B6 come September.

On 24/06/2020 at 11:09, sne said:

Yes but what I think people are saying is that it isn't as bad as not getting promoted last season. We will have parachute payments, money from the sale of grealish. Many of our players will have De-escalation clauses in contracts in the event we get relegated. Whilst yes it will be and it won't be terrible and we should be able to get back up much easier this time. 

Â