Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has scored 1 goal in 10 games and Brighton havent won since 2019. So his "positive" effect when he isnt scoring isnt really doing much

They have drew six out of there last ten games and lost four, I'd take those results than the ones we've been churning out in our last ten games. They may only be a couple points above us but they at least can fetch a point here and there. They also don't drop the ball to ten man teams which we are so bad at. Teams are picking us apart, at least Brighton fight for there points, at the moment they are way more solid than us.

The lad has eight goals, for a first season it ain't so bad, I'd put a bet if they are still up next season he finds his feet abit more and scores more next season.

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

They have drew six out of there last ten games and lost four, I'd take those results than the ones we've been churning out in our last ten games. They may only be a couple points above us but they at least can fetch a point here and there. They also don't drop the ball to ten man teams which we are so bad at. Teams are picking us apart, at least Brighton fight for there points, at the moment they are way more solid than us.

We have more points than Brighton in our last 10 games 😂

We do not, two point less lol, you are counting our semi final win over the foxes which was a cup game, in our last ten games we have one win, one draw for points.

We had a draw and a win against Leicester in cup.

If we don't count cup games then yes it's different, but I said our last ten games so I win Zatman 😋

Edited by Dave-R

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

We do not, two point less lol, you are counting our semi final win over the foxes which was a cup game, in our last ten games we have one win, one draw for points.

We had a draw and a win against Leicester in cup.

If we don't count cup games then yes it's different, but I said our last ten games so I win Zatman 😋

No

Norwich - 1-0
Watford - 0-3
Burnley - 2-1
Man City - 1-6
Brighton - 1-1
Watford - 2-1
Bournemouth - 1-2
Spurs - 2-3
Southampton - 0-2
Leicester - 0-4

10 in 10. Brighton have 9.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

disagree on suso

if we go down targett stays and looks great in the championship next season, if we stay up then targett looks adequate but ultimately can be improved upon which is what makes his price tag disappointing

we buy some 21 year old star for less than £10m (who I genuinely don't know who that is, don't think there are many fullbacks left or right kicking about right now, don't think he's English that's for sure) who has a great season but we go down then all we've done is signed another amavi, he's gone next season, probably at a loss

I think suso's potential future proofing of us is really underrated, targett ticks that box, he'll be a championship player with us should the worst happen

Interesting and good thought about the future proofing he's done. I'm not sure it extends beyond Targett and maybe Mings though. I just think the majority aren't good enough for the prices paid, I do 100% agree what you said earlier about prices being wild.

Doug Luiz I'm certain will be trying to get a move, the rest I don't think would be wanted by anyone in any top flight, it's not that they would be willing to stay. Samatta bit of an outlier here, excellent player but signing in January his situation is different, I'm mainly referring to summer signings here.

We'll have to wait and see for a conclusion. IMO a surefire sign that the majority were busts is looking how many signings we'll make if we pull off a miracle and stay up. We'll need at least five starting players to not be in the muck again. Probably seven if Grealish leaves.

• 1 month later...

Someone suggested in the recruitment thread Michael Emenalo is currently available  and would be known to Purslow through working together somewhat at Chelsea. 

if Suso is under pressure he’d be a good shout as would Dan Ashworth from Brighton.

Not being privy to his mandate last summer it is hard to decide at this point whether his position should be at risk or should be given more time. 

On 17/03/2020 at 20:33, Zatman said:

He has scored 1 goal in 10 games and Brighton havent won since 2019. So his "positive" effect when he isnt scoring isnt really doing much

Yet i bet if brighton did go down maupay scores much more goals than wesley would in the championship 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yet i bet if brighton did go down maupay scores much more goals than wesley would in the championship 

Fans who lives in an echo chamber will never give any credit to any of the players of relegation rivals.

Maupay and Benrahma would be brilliant players for us. Both of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

If any opinion is from the echo chamber it's the idea that Maupay would be a brilliant signing for us, people don't shut up about him. Same with Benrahama.

Its ridiculous really, Championship players are somehow the saviour of Villa. Maupay is completely average and a scumbag, Weimann, Vassell etc were better Premier League strikers

Said it before Gabby in his peak was a million times better

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Its ridiculous really, Championship players are somehow the saviour of Villa. Maupay is completely average and a scumbag, Weimann, Vassell etc were better Premier League strikers

Said it before Gabby in his peak was a million times better

The same championship player that won them a game against ardrnal those 3 pojnts could leep them up so that 20m would have been money well spent.

Its mroe ridiculous slating him because you dont like him. He is better than all our strikers

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Were Brighton to go down I think quite a few Premier league clubs would be interested in him. He would make a great impact 60 minute sub when a team was down by one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The same championship player that won them a game against ardrnal those 3 pojnts could leep them up so that 20m would have been money well spent.

Its mroe ridiculous slating him because you dont like him. He is better than all our strikers

1 more league goal in 2020 than Wesley. Wesley played about 50 minutes this year and Maupay every game for Brighton 

I would love to know who is involved in our recruitment, and who has the final say.

On the positive side, we have recruited some promising young players. On the negative side, we have................well, most of the current first team squad.

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I would love to know who is involved in our recruitment, and who has the final say.

On the positive side, we have recruited some promising young players. On the negative side, we have................well, most of the current first team squad.

Wes Edens....:ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The year is 2016 and replace Pitarch with Paddy Riley. Wonder what happened to his signings🤔

Short term Villa fans attitude as normal

Paddy Riley researched players. 

Suso asked agents who to sign.

Anyone could see Gueye and Veretout were incredibly good footballers.

Anyone can see Trez and Wes are incredibly bad footballers.

Sherwood really **** up the chance to setup a good base for us there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

I've had my fill of all things Brentford for a lifetime. Hogan, Smith, Benrahma, Maupay links. 

we have been brainwashed, by them.

Â