Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He has to go for sure. Whatever players he recommended out of the group that we signed, all have been relatively poor as a whole.

Combined with his views during lockdown that the club also had to distance itself from aswell just goes to show how poor of an appointment he has been. I hope he isn't still at B6 come September.

He will have signed Luiz, trezeguet, samatta, nakamba and Wesley. Only 1 has definitely been a miss trez (but he has done wonders for our popularity in the Arabic world so it was a commercial decision), Wesley looks like he has potential even with his injury, Nakamba has been solid and will be a good bench player next season if we stay up, lots of people like the look of samatta and people have been saying how amazing Luiz has looked since the restart.

The rest mings, Hause, Konsa, engels and targett (our defenders signed by Smith), el ghazi was also a Smith signing. I don't see where the blame for suso is coming from it was mostly done in a committee as well so Smith will have signed off on all the signings. 

• Like 1

So in this committee, Smith signing them off but not being able to do much with them could evidently be why we are where at this moment in time?

We have quite been poor for most of the season in the league and why many would welcome a change of manager/head coach, but that's more for the DS thread.

I get the commercial side in signings to raise the profiles etc, however our profile won't look that prosperous if we're playing in a lower division next season imo.

All signings are a gamble for any football team and it was never going to be an easy first season back either, But the signing of so many foreign players and good young prospects for the future was always going to be a task and a risk in itself.

On the players you mention, Luiz has been patchy whilst showing improvement over the last couple of games.

Nakamba has looked promising in stages and slowly getting to grips.

Trezeguet is average.

Samatta we don't know alot about yet.

Wesley from what I can tell so far is not a PL striker that I would pay £20m+ for.

I feel for all the noises that were being made about this Suso fella, not one of his signings have lit this league up in anyway compared to say some of the Wolves signings that they have made.

As for the other players signed in this committee; Heaton has been what we expected, Reina I don't rate, Engels has looked promising in the few games he has played, Mings seemed to be a different player after November and has looked shaky more than a few occasions (I also feel we paid too much for him), Targett has been good pre-lockdown, Hause again young and not total proven at this level, as too Konsa and Jota, then Danny Drinkwater which I have no idea behind the logic on this one!

Overall I would say for the money outlayed by this committee it's been not a good return on investment as the league and poor results show.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So in this committee, Smith signing them off but not being able to do much with them could evidently be why we are where at this moment in time?

We have quite been poor for most of the season in the league and why many would welcome a change of manager/head coach, but that's more for the DS thread.

I get the commercial side in signings to raise the profiles etc, however our profile won't look that prosperous if we're playing in a lower division next season imo.

All signings are a gamble for any football team and it was never going to be an easy first season back either, But the signing of so many foreign players and good young prospects for the future was always going to be a task and a risk in itself.

On the players you mention, Luiz has been patchy whilst showing improvement over the last couple of games.

Nakamba has looked promising in stages and slowly getting to grips.

Trezeguet is average.

Samatta we don't know alot about yet.

Wesley from what I can tell so far is not a PL striker that I would pay £20m+ for.

I feel for all the noises that were being made about this Suso fella, not one of his signings have lit this league up in anyway compared to say some of the Wolves signings that they have made.

As for the other players signed in this committee; Heaton has been what we expected, Reina I don't rate, Engels has looked promising in the few games he has played, Mings seemed to be a different player after November and has looked shaky more than a few occasions (I also feel we paid too much for him), Targett has been good pre-lockdown, Hause again young and not total proven at this level, as too Konsa and Jota, then Danny Drinkwater which I have no idea behind the logic on this one!

Overall I would say for the money outlayed by this committee it's been not a good return on investment as the league and poor results show.

You are comparing us to wolves but we don't have the shady connections with Jorge Mendes.

And for the outlay of money I think it was pretty much necessary targett and konsa we overpayed for and maybe a little with wesley (I think at the start of the season he was so isolated it wasn't his fault that he struggled especially against some of the best defensive teams in the league). But I think everyone else we signed at fair market value. Maybe maupay instead of Wesley but Brentford were pretty much refusing it seel to us. Remember Callum Robinson went for 15 million pounds and a has barely played for Sheffield. 

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You are comparing us to wolves but we don't have the shady connections with Jorge Mendes.

And for the outlay of money I think it was pretty much necessary targett and konsa we overpayed for and maybe a little with wesley (I think at the start of the season he was so isolated it wasn't his fault that he struggled especially against some of the best defensive teams in the league). But I think everyone else we signed at fair market value. Maybe maupay instead of Wesley but Brentford were pretty much refusing it seel to us. Remember Callum Robinson went for 15 million pounds and a has barely played for Sheffield. 

Not comparing to Wolves but merely using them as one example.

Again, for the money outlayed on the return that we've seen it has been an overall poor return imo.

Without sounding too hindsight, the sum of money could have been spent more wisely by this committee imo and it was also the general consensus among many fans before a ball was even kicked in the league.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not comparing to Wolves but merely using them as one example.

Again, for the money outlay on the return that we've seen it has been an overall poor return imo.

Without sounding too hindsight, the sum of money could have been spent more wisely by this committee imo and it was also the general consensus among many fans before a ball was even kicked in the league.

I agree with this, but the very limited time it all had to be done in is likely a big reason why it turned out like it did. We got promoted on the last day and the transfer window closed on Aug 8th instead of Aug 31st unlike how it usually does.

These are valid excuses imo, but it doesn't make our transfer dealings better.

Edited by sne
Wrong date

Yeah obviously it's sour grapes as well because of how well they are doing but Wolves have just about the most crooked setup in football. Buying players for a fraction of market value and having like 7/8 of the Portugal first 11?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I agree with this, but the very limited time it all had to be done in is likely a big reason why it turned out like it did. We got promoted on the last day and the transfer window closed on Aug 13th instead of Aug 31st unlike how it usually does.

These are valid excuses imo, but it doesn't make our transfer dealings better.

I get what you mean but all of our business had been concluded by 31st July, our season kicked off on August 10th.

As you say though overall it's been a poor show unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yeah obviously it's sour grapes as well because of how well they are doing but Wolves have just about the most crooked setup in football. Buying players for a fraction of market value and having like 7/8 of the Portugal first 11?

Well that's not even remotely true :D 

Cant really expect much from a squad when you fill it with nothing but other teams rejects or inexperienced foreign players, we would of been better buying first team championship players who were actually playing first team regular football.

The worst thing about it all is that clubs seen us coming from a mile off and knew we getting screwed, they thought of us so desperate that they could give us a cat, rabbit and a dog for top dollar all while keeping there stallions hidden in the back of the shed

It's so laughable how bad our players have been that I'd of took a chance on last seasons squad over this lot and just bought a quality striker, bought Mings and made a few other decent purchases. I'd of stayed away from many although Luiz is now looking totally different lately but how long will that last.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2020 at 11:27, thabucks said:

The line spouted that they aren’t Smith’s signings when you think we signed, Heaton, Taggertt, Mings, Hause, Konsa, Engels, Jota, doesn’t really hold water does it? Yes Trezequet, Nakamba, Luiz and Wesley and Guilbert are Suso suggestions but for me it’s pretty clear Smith has more input than  people seem to think.. Plus he is used to working within a DOF setup. It’s his job then to get the most out of them and for he clearly isn’t. 

But suso does not strike me as a quinntesential DOF.

he strikes me ,more of a super agent a poor mans Mendes.

If Smith had a good DOF he could talk to or a Knowledable Diretor like Steve Stride, he may have made better decisions.

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I see Valencia Sporting Director has left and I wonder if Suso will be in the running ....? 

Valencia are in complete meltdown.

Player revolt against the manager who then handed in his resignation but the board refused. And that's only the tip of the iceberg.

Absolute shambles there. 

Edit: Apparently he's been allowed to quit now.

Edited by sne

30 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I see Valencia Sporting Director has left and I wonder if Suso will be in the running ....? 

If they have been following his "work" at Villa then no. 

• Like 1

Regardless of where we end up I hope we have a plan so we don't have to go the whole off season without anyone in charge of the footballing side of things.

Will be hectic enough as it is and we can't leave recruiting late. Scouts, DOF, and potentially manager and backroom staff leaving along with some of our key players.

Off season could be a mess.

Â